Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

AM I GOING TO DIE have a good day?
JUST GOT A CALL FROM MY VET MY CAT HAVES Rabies?
MY CAT BITES ME 8 DAYS WILL I DIE
SHE HAVES BITE OVET 500 DO I HAVE TOO HAVE MY CAT PUT DOWN CAN MY CAT AND ME BE SAVE

How do you deal with a roommate who has poor hygiene skills?
I've recently contracted MRSA and need to limit exposure to bacteria. My roommate insists on blowing his nose but not washing his hands before unloading the dishwasher, and doesn't clean up ...

What is the best thing to take for diaherra?

How do you get rid of a cold?

How old were you when you had chicken pox?

Can you get strep throat from kissing someone?
cause i have it, and idk....

Why do mosquitoes bite some people and not others?

Should I get a flu shot?
I'm an elementary school teacher.
But everyone in my family who's gotten the shot has felt tired and achey the next day. I haven't gotten the flu in years, and I'm wondering ...

How dirty is our money?
I wa sat Safeway buying some groceries on the way home from work and I noticed that my cashier was wearing latex gloves. When I asked him what was up he told me that he just felt that money was so ...

My girlfriend has mono can i get it if i kiss her?

Additional Details
i was tested for it 2 days ago test was ...

Pull out white stuff lodged in the back of my throat?
I took a q tip and rubbed this white spot from the back of my throat because it was irritating the back of my tounge. When I pull it out it looked yellowish and looked like cottage cheese and easily ...

Is it true that chocolate is gonna be extincted soon?
I just heard it and wonder if it was true....

Is it me or is the website 2girls1cup sick!!!?

How long is chicken pox contagious for?
My 3 years old has chicken pox, The spots came out 2 days ago, different literature seems to give different answers? I want to now when it is safe to take her back to nursery. When the blisters turn ...

What is good for a urine infection?
is there any home remedys for a urine infectioncos i cant get to the doctor until tomorrow and its pissing me off. i heard cranberry juice but i dont know if thats true?...

Ive got flu shall i still go out tonight?
i caught flu at blackpool this week, im coughing and my nose is running like a tap and also blocked, i want to go out tonight what would you do?...

My 7 year old son has recurrent mouth ulcers.....?
not just little ones but big ulcerations of his lips and inside his cheeks. Doctor says he is just "run down" and gives us paste and mouthwash to use. He is a lively happy boy who eats well ...

Do one get AIDS by kissing (deeply) and AIDS patient?

Is the saying feed a cold starve a fever true?

What's wrong with my dad?
Ok here it goes, my dad recently got this boil above his lip this weekend and went to the doctor and was told it was impetigo(if thats spelt right) and got antibiotics for it. The next day he was ...

puma*cat
I was just wondering, it it ok to take a shower if you have the cold/flu?
My grandma says that it is wrong and in doing so it could be fatal.

sideshow_bobbie
Rating
Your grandma is a wack job. Of course you can have a shower - unless it is an acid shower

shirleykins
Rating
Oh, man, you can Cure yourself with a hot and cold shower: 3 minutes as hot as you can stand it until your skin is pink and you feel a little faint. Notice where the dial is because you'll be coming back. 2 minutes totally cold water (dance, sing, count the seconds). 3 minutes back to hot. (this will also tingle). 2 minutes cold again (not so bad this time). Rub briskly with a towel, dress, feel like a million dollars. OR, end with hot and go Immediately to bed! The cold water stimulates your body to produce fighter cells, and the hot water circulates them to where they're needed most.

cork
Rating
YES..

Love Life
A hot shower will create steam which helps clear your sinuses when you breathe it in. So a shower can be helpful in fighting a cold or flu. I don't really think it can hurt you. It never hurt me.

nickleme10
Rating
listen to grandma. dont take a shower. take a mildly warm bath, no bubbles or anything, just a bath. relax and listen to your favorite movie

makingthisup
Rating
If you are sick and you don't feel like taking a shower then you are probably too sick and should just stay in bed. But if you feel like you really need to take a shower then you should take one because you need to clean your body of all the sweating, toxins and general ickyness of being sick. I think what you really feel and want to do in this regard is a good indicator of what you should do for your body. Kind of analogous to- I feel hungry so I should probably eat.

I've taken plenty of showers when i've had the flu, but felt strong enough to shower.

dragonrider707
Rating
Actually its not good to have a hot bath..it inflates your temperature...but a warm shower or bath wont hurt you. If you have a fever it may help to cool you and you will feel better if you are not all sweaty anyway. Dry yourself quickly and go back to bed with a warm lemon drink.

sportshortie94
Rating
I dont know if its deadly but u might not want to just in case.

The gr8t alien
I shower when I am sick and have done so for the past 34 years and I'm still alive and well so unless you feel really bad and faint I say go for it

Miss MeMe - ײיײי
Rating
I always do. I find it makes me feel better actually. Clears up the head and such.

big jack
Rating
Granny is nuts. take a shower, you,ll feel better

spir_i_tual
As long as you keep warm, especially your head.

Victoria
Rating
You're grandma is only correct if you have a seriously depressed immune system and no hot water tank. Go and take a nice bubble bath and get well soon.

angelikabertrand64
Its better to have a hot soothing bath. I bought some Therapy liquid for cold /flu remedies. That you can purchase in Wal_mart under the bathing section. Pour half a cup into warm flowing water. Take a bath in it. It helps. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Jordan
Go ahead...totally safe. Good hygeine has been shown to reduce the average length of the common cold....so go ahead....knock yourself out.

Not to mention the hot water can clear up the nasal passages.
Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the steam....IT DOES WONDERS!

pzratnog
I haven't heard anything about bathing or showering being fatal. My favorite thing to do when I have a flu or cold is sit in a hot bathtub or get a shower. It really seems to cleanse my nose, and it hasn't killed me yet. If you're worried about it though, I'd recommend sleep. Logically thinking, I can't immagine any way a shower could kill a person other than falling asleep in the shower.

roy40372
Rating
it is OK if you keep warm and take a warm bath or shower and dry off real good

aqua
hmmm no. only if you feel faint or dizzy it might be best to wait.

paintmonkey61
i think grandma is not correct. taking a hot shower will actually help your sinus inflammation and also the steam is good for your lungs...it helps break things up just like a vaporizer, try rubbing a little vicks vap o rub on the shower wall and you'll be amazed at the results, its mixes witht he shower steam and opens up your sinus's real good.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy