Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can I get rid of the odor cause by maggots and decomposing animal flesh?

Wath causes staff infections in hospital?

What is the scientific name of the virus that causes Encephalitis?
i need this a.s.a.p please!!!!! theres so many different one;s i just dont know which ...

What exactly was the Y2k?
I was about 7 or 8 when I heard of this, and I never new what it stand for and what it was suppose to even mean.

All I knew was, people were freaked ...

I've been given amoxicillin for a bacterial infection?
3 days ago i felt really lightheaded and weak. i couldn't even type. the next day i went to the doctor and she gave me a blood test. (CBC) she said my white blood cells were high which meant i ...

What is the best way to get diarrhea...?

Chicken pox?
im 12 and im fed up lol
my mum keeps on nagging me about how i need 2 get chicken pox coz wjen i get older it will b worse and stuff, but i can't find any1 2 get it from and is it true if u ...

When taking antibiotics how do you avoid yeast infection?

Why do the Chinees peopldrink hot water? Does it have any advantage? I want the answer from a Medical Doctor.?

I think if have an ear infection?
I dont want to see a doctor, but I will if I need to. It feels likes its plugged and its sore! I cant hear well from my ear! I think I got it from swimming. My sister had an ear infection from ...

When the dr. tests your a UTI does he check for any other things in your urine..?
sugar, etc...?
(damn uti's)
Taking Macrobid for it....

What cold/ infection do i have??
i have a stuffy nose, ears sometimes pop, lumpy sore throat, and slight itchy eyes, and i feel really tired..... i went to the doctors and he said i had a mild cold, but i've been feeling like ...

An HIV positive man can he have children without risking the wife who is not positive?

Is an ear infection contagious?
4 kids in the house got ear infection and dont know how 4 at one ...

Is there any cure for Shingles (Herpes Zoster) and is there any kind of medication for it?

MRSA queries for those in healthcare?
My mother yesterday visited in hospital an old friend and kissed her on the cheek as she left. She has since found out that this person has been diagnosed as having MRSA (gotten from her job in a ...

Can you advise for my 2-year-old daughter?
who is very lean and fussy about food. Doctors informed me that she is slightly Rickety. I am very concerned about her. She also has a dark complexion. Can you suggest some food, to improve her ...

What could it be???????
My throat has been irritated for a few months now but recently it got worst its very red my tonsills hurt and there are little red bumps or sores on the tonsills does any one know what this could be I...

Do i have to take my lipring out because its infected??
i use salt water 4 like a week and it seems 2 be getting better but i duno, should i take it out some1 please help me :)...

Doctors note?
Is it required to have a doctors note for you taking care of you child being sick to your employer?
Additional Details
Let me ask a different way. My daughter is home with my grand ...

a107fast
I stepped on a nail what do i do?
I'm 16 and i don't know what to do. I stepped on a nail this morning and it stabbed me. I took it out and wash my foot and disinfected it.

The question is, After washing it and putting a bandaid on it am i supposed to do anything else???

Ex.do i go: to the doctor, hospital, get a shot.

I don't know what to do help!!

Alysa
Rating
umm go to the hospital

Natalie
Rating
Go to the doctor and get a tetanus shot.

QuestionableCharacter
Nails are usually pretty dirty and you should have a tetanus shot if you haven't. There is a time period involved with the tetanus shot. I think a trip to the Doc would be in order.

Katie
Rating
If it was rusty, go to the doctor. Or your foot could get infected. My mom did that once.

ero-sennin
Rating
does it bleed? do you know that if a nail stabs you and makes you bleed is okay? the bad thing is when i does not bleed. it means that your blood is infected by the nail's stain. it is dangerous! if it is not treated properly, your leg must be amputated. i think you must go to see doctor in this case.

emily ~jonas is love~
Well, if you've gotten a tetanus shot in the last 5-10 years, i think you'll be okay after disinfecting it. If it starts to get red around it and hurt badly in the next few days, i suggest going to the hospital to have it looked at.

tkquestion
Rating
Here's few things to consider:

1) has bleeding stopped?
2) was the nail clean or dirty?
3) was the nail rusted or new?
4) how deep did it penetrate? deep enough that cleaning is impossible?

If you suspect infection is possible, you need to go to an urgent clinic. Unless you are bleeding heavily, ER or hospital will likely be an overkill.

The only time when I wouldn't do anything other than cleaning it well is when the nail is new, clean, no more bleeding, and is very shallow penetration. Anything else, you should be looked at, not on emergency basis but _fairly_ urgent basis.

TraciCap
Rating
I have done the same thing when i was younger, and i went to the doctor and got a Tetanus shot.. here is some of an article about the shot...

There is no antibiotic treatment for tetanus, so you need to have the shot for protection against the infection. There are about 100 cases of tetanus each year in the US. Of all people who get tetanus in the US, about 1 in 3 die.

It is impossible to avoid the cuts and wounds that commonly occur during everyday life. The tetanus bacteria can enter the body through these breaks in the skin and cause a very serious infection. For this reason, it is very important to keep your tetanus shots up to date.

When should I get a tetanus shot?
Whenever you have a dirty cut, animal bite, or puncture wound, check to see when you last had a booster shot. Get another shot within 3 days of the injury if

* The wound is dirty or involves soil or rusty metal AND
* It has been more than 5 years since your last tetanus shot or you do not know when you last had a tetanus shot.

Try to get the shot the same day as the injury if possible. If you cannot get the shot within 1 to 3 days of the injury, get it as soon as you can. The bacteria multiply quickly if they become trapped in a wound and you are not immunized.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy