Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why are people w/ rabies chaned up?
i just saw i am legend and so i googled "humans w/ rabies", and it showed people chaned up. why is that? i know they're probably nothing like those creatures in the movies, but why ...

Why is it that women dont believe me when I say I have flu?
They say "Yeah its probably 'Man Flu'" and laugh it off.
Additional Details
Answerers 1,2,3 are examples of my question.

I woken up every night for last 4 ...

Can i get an infection from sharing the same joint or cigg from some one?
if you smoke from the same bong,joint, or cigg from some one who has an infection or aids or anything can you get it from them? im worried because i have swolen glans and and swolen glans the day ...

When is flu season??
i would like to know so that i can be prepared..
=]...

I coughed up some mucus with blood in it when I woke up, I have a terrible cold, what could the blood be from?

I keep getting sick, is there something wrong with me?
well in september i got a staff infection in my knee which caused me to get a fever and so i had to take antibiotics and it eventually went away but i have a scar on my knee. then towards the ...

I was wondering if anyone had a good rememdy for killing a staph infection?
i have had this staph infection for almost a year... it was not treated properly at first so now its immune to the antibiotics. does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of it. i am in ...

What extremes do you go to to avoid germs ?
After washing my hands in a public toilet, I always take an extra length of tissue to cover my hand when opening the exit door. People wash their hands then just grab these handles without thinking. ...

What is pink eye?

MRSA - What are the micro organism that cause it?
Where are they carried on/in the body?
How they are transferred to infect?
Who is most 'at Risk'?
Any sources of info......

Am i just getting a cold or is it strep throat?
my throat had been hurting all day. I took my temperature and it came out to about 99 degrees. I didn't see any blisters on the back of my throat though. Do you think i'm getting a cold ...

I had take Blood during delivery 3 years ago, I want to know wether i am infected with HIV?

How to get over a cold fast?

How does herpes look and feel?
How does it feel or look? Does it look like a regular pimple or are there lil bumps?...

What is the name for the first person who carries a disease in an outbreak?
When there is an outbreak of a disease for example, and they trace it back to a single source, what is that person called. There is a specific name for that person....

How safe is Beef Eating now?
Cattle brains, skull, eyes, spinal column, small intestine and other parts suspected of harboring mad cow disease were banned from human consumption in December as a safety precaution, shortly after ...

If your child was autistic, would you give them the flu shot?

Additional Details
I'm asking this because of the whole suspicion that immunizations are the what causes autism. There antifreeze in that stuff u know....

How long can one stay with the hiv virus before it turns into aids?
If an individual has been diagnoised as HIV POSITIVE how long are they able to stay with out any symptoms of AIDS...

Whats good for a sore throat and runny nose?
Last night I had a bit of a soar throat and I took a panadol, I went to bed and woke up every hour with a soar throat, I had another panadol at 3 and I still have a really sore throat. What can I do ...

Why am i getting cold after cold?

chinesechickenbauk
I have strept throat. Should I go to work?
Should I be resting with strept?

applecrisp
Rating
You are contagious for 24 hours after started antibiotics. If you started them more then twenty four hours ago, then go to work. Otherwise stay home.

Doc. justasinner111
I work every day no matter what. I have a grown daughter to support.

Grace
Rating
NO. get medicine from a doctor and rest

MISS RED
Rating
I believe you are quite contagious until you are on the antibiotic for at least 24 hours. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stay home and rest. Not only will you get better quicker, but you will prevent others from catching it.

Jenn S
YES! Eat some chicken soup, rest, and don't get the rest of your coworkers sick. As far as I remember strept is pretty contagious, at least in the first days. So stay home, and nurse yourself. Your body will thank you. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

CheeCha
Rating
No way.. You should get on an antibiotic and stay home!!

bandit
Rating
Yes, rest. Take a few days, even. Strept is nasty- make sure you FINISH all your meds too!

Erwin N
Rating
Yes

txharleygirl1
Rating
DO NOT GO TO WORK. IF YOU DO YOU COULD INFECT EVERYONE IN THE BUILDING. STREP IS VERY CONTAGIOUS. IT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS FOR MANY PEOPLE. WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT AND GET STREP CAN HAVE BABIES WITH
EYE PROBLEMS. PEOPLE WITH DIABETES CAN DEVELOP
REUMATIC FEVER AS A COMPLICATION AND DIE.
A woman in my office had it and came to work. 7 days later
45 other people had it in the office - including me.
Our boss fired her for not telling anyone she had it and for not staying home.
Doctors usually say you can go back to work after 3 days of being on antibiotics because you can't infect anyone then.

WHAT
Rating
no. it is contagious.you should be on a antibiotic.

Millie
Rating
you mean you're going to take our opinion over your doctors opinion of when you can go back to work?

well okay, you can go back to work... infect everyone else....

you can't sue me for malpractice... you can't even track me down.... and what evidence would you use to prove that it was my answer rather than it was someone else's answer anyway

THIS IS A PHONY QUESTION.

Otherwise, do the right thing and don't go in to work. You already know the right thing... why does someone here have to tell you?

not2bright
Yes, you should. I have it too, I am at work, and I am miserable. My doctor told me you are contagious until 48 hrs. after starting antibiotic, maybe longer, if you can stay home, stay. I can't wait to get there myself.

AnnieD
Rating
If you have been on antibiotics for three days, you are no longer contagious and probably feel well enough to work.

Ashley
no. it's contagious and it will go away quicker if you rest up and drink fluids, do nothing, etc.

mediahoney
You have been infected by a potentially deadly virus. My father died as the result of a streptococcal virus attacking his heart. Take it seriously!

QuiteNewHere
Rating
If you start a strep throat problem in your workplace, they will remember you forever (Remember that Christmas on 2006 when """"(you) took down the whole office with STrep throat?

I'd stay away for a few days until you are not contagious anymore. Ask the doctor.

Kathryn W
Rating
sharing is caring...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy