Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Are 18 year old boys aloud to strip?

How do you get a doctors excuse?

What is new in the treatment of hep c?

My girlfriend has white fluid coming from her parts and she is pregnant what disease could it be?

Does it hurt if someone poked a stick in ur eye?
cause my friend just got poked in the eye and she said it felt good! ...

Im sick whats wrong with me?
i got swollen lymphnodes and i have had a temperature for 5 days and havent had one for last 3 days so that prob is gone, but i have had a severe sore throat and very painful sores in mouth mouth , ...

I was diagnosed as being Anemic today..what steps can I take to not be anemic anymore?

Can you get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot on the same day?

What is chicken guinea?

My doc called with test results, what does it mean when u have a elevated white blood cell count?
I am very worried because I dont have a clue what this mean? Help!
Additional Details
I went to the doc for my 3 month check up for my diabetes, which is good. I dont know if I have an ...

My white blood count is 27000. what does this mean?

Salmonella poisoning help!?
I think I might have salmonella poisoning. I ate some chicken about a week ago that wasn't cooked comletely and I've had nausea every day ever since. Now my arm is starting to kill me, ...

I have viginal cyst?
pls help me.... what is the source or where did i get those things......

What kind of sickness or illness or virus has these symtoms?
-High Fever
-Nausea
-Bad Headache
-Stomache Ache
Additional Details
-Puking/N...

How many fleas does my dog have?
he itchy and scratchy....

What is mono and how contageous is it?

Additional Details
is amoxycillin a form of pennicylin, cause i did take it and did not get a rash on my stomach?...

I've had a constant headache, slight sore throat for a week now, Strep Test negative. Should I go back to Dr.

Which stage of chicken pox is the most infectious?
i've got it and my brother has got ...

I don't have pinkeye do I?
If so it's deff a mild case...

My eye's been really bloodshot for 2 days now...
I had contacts in and took them out.
It didn't get any better.
It feels like ...

I am on antibiotics, is it unsafe to drink alcohol? What might the effects be?

murrfasa
I have mono, how do I get rid of this sore throat?
I have mono and it is horrible. Any help please?!?!!!
my tonsils are so swollen I can't eat :(
it hurts so bad to just swallow my spit.
Additional Details
i've seen my doctor, but they said you can't do anything for mono

RavenPhotography
Stop kissing people and sharing drinks.....ew thats just gross...

Um, I think you need to see a doctor if it is that bad 0.0 what if your throat closes up and you cannot breathe!!!

july
Mononucleosis is caused by the Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV). Your doctor should have done a blood test to determine that you really have mononucleosis; you cannot be diagnosed with mono just from listing your signs and symptoms.

Streptococcal infection (strep throat) very often accompanies mononucleosis. If your physician did not do a throat swab to check for strep infection, you may want to contact him/her and ask for one.

If your physician swabbed your throat and you don't have a strep infection, you may want to ask him/her for a dosepack of steroids such as Medrol to reduce the swelling. These corticosteroids reduce inflammation.

There are some home remedies, such as gargling with warm salt water and applying heat or ice packs externally, which can help a sore throat. However, your pain and swelling seem significant enough that you might want to consult your physician again!

?
Mono? Try stereo instead!

Dunno. I had the old tonsils out years ago.

?
Rating
Well...when I had mono and a sore throat my doc decided it was time to remove my tonsils because they got infected. So, if you haven't done so already, go to the doc and have them checked out. I believe some antibiotics are in order too.

Good Luck!
The Coach

Empress Jan
see doc immediately. you need antiobitics before it gets into your blood stream

S P
Rating
nothing you can do really. Mono goes away when it goes away. Your tonsils are not the one swollen it is your lymph nodes more then likely, so you will not need them taken out like most of these people are saying. Just try to keep drinking fluids and sleeping. That's all you can do.

Mrs. Nikki Sep(The One and Only)
I had mono when I was 17. My family doctor diagnosed me, told me to go home, get rest and plenty of fluids.

Two days later, I was crying in pain. The opening in my throat was smaller than a dine. I couldn't even talk. My parents took me to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor (ENT), where i was prescribed a painkiller, antibiotics, and an oral steroid to get the swelling in my throat down. I was informed that if the swelling did not go down within twenty four hours, I would have to be hospitalized. Thank goodness the swelling did go down!

My point is, make an appointment at an ENT. While there isn't much you can do, it is dangerous to have your tonsils so swollen. You will need to be put on steroids for about a week to help the swelling go down. Don't just ignore it, make that appointment!

Heartbeat
Rating
I had mono and my Dr. prescribed 1500 mg of vitamin C. had relief within 2days also eat foods that are immune builders. Good luck

Jesse C
Well you could try using cough drops, cough syrup, or cold medicine...but the best thing would be to get a prescription from a doctor and get rest...lost of it.

Cammie
Get to a doctor tomorrow.
This is very serious.

Mine turned into hepatitis. I was very sick. You will need medications and weeks of rest.

Take care.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy