Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can you get rid of dry mucus from the nose without picking it?

How can i cure my morning sickness?? :(?

Are all mosquitoes carriers of dengue?

How can you ways to contract Hepatitis C?

What is the name for the nurse that takes blood?
name of person that takes blood?...

Can leprosy be inherited?

Is it okay to consume eggs if there is a bird flu scare in the area?
Just asking out of curiosity......

My lab pup has parvo any home remedies out their?

I have to get a Hepatitis B immunization, but I think I got it at 18.?
If I did, how long do they last before I need a new vaccination?
Additional Details
I am 24, and I'm almost positive I got all three, so I need to cal my primary physician and see ...

Can a person get health problems from a dead cow close to their home?

Additional Details
Thanks for all the answers.. Well, the sheriff department has been told and they are not going to do a thing about it. It the person has the land right next door to ...

I can feel lymph nodes? is it swollen?
I can feel my lymph nodes. I have a cough and sore throat. The doctor said I cry so much is what is making me sick. 3 doctors said they do not feel any swollen lymph nodes.. they did a x ray and see ...

What is a good treatment for Hemorrhoids that i can go buy from the store?
i have a painful ...

Is being gingerness a disease?

Strep throat or what?
The past couple of weeks I have had a mild sore throat. But this morning when I woke up, it was extremely sore. It feels swollen and I have difficulty swallowing. My throat is red, but I can't ...

My brother was diagnosed with hep c??
My brother used heroin for about 20yrs and has been clean now for well over 2 yrs , and he just found out he has hep c , Im worried he is going to stress out over this and start using again , just ...

Is it true that there is no cure for the flu or a cold?
i think im coming down with something. my throat is itchy and my sinus is starting to clog. i have my entry exams for college next saturday. i do not feel sore or down i just have that feeling in my ...

I have these craters in my tonsils..help!?
They are these crater/ hole things in my tonsils, and my throat is sore. My tonsils seem bigger than normal, but other then that they are okay. What to do/ have you had them/ what to do!...

Gum disease?
i have a gum disease genivitis and i have to tell my mom but i know she is going to make me go to the dentist and i dont want to go i have never been in my life thats probably why i have it... but i ...

What is quinsy in the throat?

Is it possible to catch something from a hospital environment after being there for a long period of time?
Like, if you are touching things all day long in a hospital without washing your hands and then you leave, then like 3 hours later you put your hands in your mouth or something. Can you catch ...

candipie06
I had a tb test done yesterday and today i have a big red circle.?
the red circle is NOT raised or blistered though. does this mean the test is positive??

Aine
Rating
the TB test needs to wait and be read between 48 and 72 hours. Then they measure the induration, or bump. Not the redness. Resist touching/scratching it or you could give yourself a false positive. Remember that this is a screening tool not a diagnostic test.
Also important.... Where did you grow up? As lots of countries use the BCG vaccine and that will give you a positive TB skin test which it's supposed to do.

kny390
You need to wait for the time to pass before the test is run. This may just be a normal reaction to being stuck.

dragonkisses
No, not necessarily. Mine does that every time I am tested, but it isn't raised and doesn't itch. You should be fine, but they will tell you when they check it.

lil mami
Rating
your fine this is normal!

mark r
Rating
no, dont worry same thing happend to me.

Katie
I read TB skin tests and redness has nothing to do with a positive reading. I "bump" is a positive test (larger than 10mm for a healthy person) and these are only read after 48-72 hours. dont worry. And even positive tests require chest xrays to acutally diagnose tb

Brian
There are False Positives in these tests. You may be allergic to the test solution. They will do a chest X ray to see if you really have TB.

ignoramus
Rating
No. Positive is read at 48 hours and consists of a raised area (redness is optional)

Mrs. Anthony
Rating
I am a nursing student and I am required to have a 2 step PPD annually. For me, the injection site looks normal until 48 hours later and it turns into a red circle as you mentioned. The site was not raised or hardened so it was deemed negative.

You should be fine.. as long as the person who is reading your PPD is not a complete idiot it will be interpreted as negative. My personal physician once read my PPD as positive because my skin turned red and made me get a chest Xray to further diagnose. I was so angry because I have had countless numbers of TB tests and always had the same reaction which were always read as negative.

You may just have an allergic reaction to the protein derivative. Don't worry :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy