Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I work in a hospital and contacted the noro virus . i would like to know how i am not given a mask to wear?
the virus is air borne so iam breathing iin the spores. but the hospital seems to think if they give me an apron and gloves i will not get infected....

Does nail polish help to cure (toe-nail) fungal infection?
I've been having nail infection for 5 years, and i;ve tried the Daktarin ( miconazole 20mg/mL) for sometime and it didn't work well on me. I am wondering if nail polish work because ( it ...

I went to light my propane gas grill, and.....?
I have to throw in a match to light it. I think I was standing to close to it, because after I got it lit, I went to look in the mirror, and the ends of my hair had junk in it. It was like a sticky ...

Whats a treatment of candida?
is it necessary to clean body,at first?...

Bad news..?
I just found out that my brother is Hiv Positive, will the virus adventualy kill him, or is it possible for him to live a long, productive life if he takes care of his body and takes his meds? It ...

What is the least amount of time hiv symptoms start to show ...for a paraniod friend?

How do i get rid of a cold saw really quickly?
i havent been out for months, and have planned a night out on saturday. how do i get rid of the coldsaw that i woke up with by then?
Additional Details
sorry one of those days not being ...

If HIV blood touched my skin, would i get infected?

How do you cure a Hepatitis C ?Any herbal medicine ?

Why does the inside of my belly-button smells? It's oily and smells like cheese!?

Rusty nail in the foot ?
My son stepped on a rusty nail and did not tell me until the next day I took him straight to the doctors who told me it was too late for a tetanus injection so gave him antibiotics. That was last W...

Is it dangerous to give Motrin and Tylenol at the same time to reduce fever in a 7 year old?

Yellowing of the skin..what is this?
if it is hepatitis,eyes should turn yelow too,right?but only the skin..is it contagious?...

What is the treatment for baldhead ?

What could it be?
I have a had a 104 fever for about 5 days and been taking tylenol to bring it down. It's not bacterial because I had the blood test. That is the only symptom that I have. What could it be?

What does this sound like to you?
1.)Fever
2.)Shaking
3.)hot & cold at the same time
4.)Throwing up
5.)D...

My toddler has a rash on his tummy & diarrhea. He did have a fever yesterday too. Is the rash from the fever?
He had a fever of 100-102 degrees for several days this week. He no longer has the fever but now has a rash just on his tummy and loose ...

Is it unsafe to urinate in your backyard?
and if it is what sort of illness can humans catch?...

I am 7 months pregnant and currently having some viral infections like sore throat and flu.?
Is it normal if my phlegm is green in color and sometimes got a little blood stain?...

Herpes? cold sores?
i know that cold sores are a type of herpes, but my friend had a cold sore on her lower lip and i accidently shared a drink with her. and i have a cold sore on my tongue, but i think i had it before ...

jessica p
How much does it cost to keep a teminally ill person alive in a hospital?

wiseolguy
more than we can make in a lifetime.......thousands per day

Kim Y
Depends upon the demographics. According to a seminar I just attended, for USA Average for a nursing home is $55,000 per year. Texas/Dallas Ft. Worth is $139-198 cost per day for nursing home. Home health care averages $85/day for US avg, and in Texas/Dallas Ft. Worth $16-140 per hour (Aid - vr - Registered Nurse).

Long Term Care costs:
Out of pocket 25%
Medicare 14%
Medicaid 44% (poverty level to qualify)
Private Ins 10%

Avg time in nursing home is 2.5 yrs

050307 9:02pm

Kelsey A
Rating
Actually, if a person is terminally ill, then keeping him or her in a hospital is usually not the best idea. Try hospice care, as they usually cost a lot less in the long run, and can make your friend or loved one comforatable while still attending to his or her medical needs. In addition to this, hospices often provide counselling services, both for the terminally ill person and his or her family, as well as help take take of planning for the funeral and getting legal issues, such as creating a will, taken care of before the person eventually passes. It's just that a lot of hospices have a waiting list, so you'd need to get on the ball and look into the idea as soon as possible. I don't know how much it will cost, as it varies greatly from city to city and even from hospice to hospice within the same city. Good luck, and best wishes to you and your family.

Angie
That depends greatly on a many things, including how aggressive the doctor is, how many tests they run (like x-rays, labs, CAT scans, MRI's, ect.), whether the person is kept in the ICU or not, whether the person is placed on all sorts of unique drugs, and how long they stay alive. It can easily be as high as millions of dollars.

lip11
Rating
A fortune. Think $10,000s a day - I'm not kidding.
Get insurance.

Neil L
That depends on what's wrong with them and the care required. Most terminally ill people prefer to be under hospice care and be at home.

James M
A terminally ill person is not kept in a hopital.

Those that are teminally ill, are sent to a HOSPICE which is opeated by the hospital. At that point Medicare and Medicaid pick up 100% of the bill for the persons final days or months that they live. No deductables here.

Dorothy
Rating
That depends...upon what hospital, city, etc, and what meds they are on.

bmac
That depends on what illness they have and what they need to keep them alive? Pain medication? Life support? Other devices and medications?

blue
There are a lot of factors to consider.

What country is the person in? Here in the Philippines you can get a private suite for as little as $30.00 per day, plus professional fees and medicines. Total cost to a wide open question would estimate to be around 5000 pesos or $100.00 per day. Multiply that times 10 or more in the states.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy