Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How high should a fever get?
I can't get a hold of my doctor, my 2 yr old is sick. a virus. I took her to the doctor the other day. she is still running a fever. how high should I let it get before I take her to the ...

What are the common causes of uti's?

Is it a strep throat or something elso?
Please can someone help me and please be serious. I have red spots on back of my throat and i know something is wrong in my throat i don't feel like i used to these red spots on my throat ...

Do u feel well looked after and cared for by the Government?

Additional Details
Had to put it in another catagory as it got deleted!...

What would make a persons eyes appear watery and glazed would a drug cause this symption or would some medicat
my friend goes to the ladies room and comes out with the eyes watery and glazed and acting a little childesh and laughing a lot would she be taking some kind of drug.. or some type of medication.....

Why is staph infection spreading so rapidly? Why can't they find a cure?
I knoe this is alot of questions but What r signs that u hav staph infection? and last but not How does staph infection enter your body?...

Do anitbiotics make it easier to get diseases?

Why cant AIDS be transmitted by mosquito's?

Is this Mono?
There is a guy at the same high school that i go to. Well last week he found out he had mono. I don't know this guy but i was told from my friends that are friends with him. This week

I want to have a fever today!!!!!!?
I want to have a fever because I don't want to attend in my ex bf's b-day!!!10 points for the most effective answer!!!
Additional Details
Just give me some remedies to have ...

Getting rid of the extra water in your body?

White mucus sign of infection?
I know this is gross, but bear with me.

I would say that about 90% of the mucus that comes out of my nose is clear but every once is a while is white and more so chunky.

I have a rotten cold?
Anyone got anything funny to say on here tonight?
Additional Details
jp.= the vicks these days isnt as strong as it used to be!!...

Do u really get fever if u place onions under ur armpits?
i saw it on ...

At what point is my daughter too sick to go to school?
my daughter is 14, she has a huge test tomorrow, and doesn't want to miss it. She has a fever of 101.2, she hasn't eaten anything all day, is a little nauseous, but isn't throwing up, ...

Pls help me regarding rabies??????
i went to my friends house who has 3 month old german shepard as his pet,it played with me and when it tried to bite me i took my hands out and there is no open wound......but what makes me worrying ...

My bf has a wart on his lip does this mean im going to get one from kissing him?

I'm going to the doctor today because I'm pretty sure I have strep throat.
is there any other way they can check for it besides using the throat culture thing? i really hate that thing and i get really nervous about it....

Symptoms: Rash, Sore Throat, ear ache, swollen hands and feet.?
first was the rash on my arms for about two days..
than my throat
than the rash got worse and on my chest, and legs and feet and hands.
my ear has been killing this whole time
i D...

Which hepatitis is curable?

Jayme S
How long does it take after being exposed to the stomach virus before you get it?
my boyfriend was at my house last night saying he didnt feel good and he woke up this morning throwing up! im going to ohio tomorrow and will be in the car for 12 hours! will i be sick tomorrow?

Bizzybizzy
Rating
Doubtful - usually it takes 1-2 weeks for the virus symptoms to show up.

rockyfella25
Rating
2 to 3 days sometimes up too a week ..all depends on your immune system.

dickrokit
Rating
it can take up to 4 days to for the body to react. But in some cases this can be less.

Craig
Really, no way of knowing. You don't know if food caused it or if a virus caused it. So, everything is up in the air. I would say 48 hours is your general rule, but this is something you will never know, unless you did eat together, then you can half-ay figure it out by timing when he ate and then got sick, but that is only a partial.

So, don't worry yourself over it, if your going to get sick, your going to get sick, just first see how sick he is before you leave, you don't want to travel if you do have a more severe form of food poisoning.

nipper
Rating
No. If the toxin (poisonous stuff) is on the food, because the bacteria (like staphylococcus) in the food made it, you will be sicl in 2 -4 hours. If you eat the bacteria that make the toxins (like salmonella), you will be ill in 12-24 hours.

If you ate the same stuff, you have already missed the puking stage,

Enjoy your journey and think positive.

Amy V
Rating
The "stomach virus," especially in adults, is almost always caused by bacteria in tainted food and not by a flu virus. Food poisoning can cause vomiting anywhere from immediately to four days after eating the tainted food depending on the bacteria involved.Sorry, but there's no way of knowing how you'll be feeling tomorrow :(

casapulla2001
2-3 days.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy