Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Do people still get tuberculosis? If so, how?
If possible, please explain instead of linking ...

Is your nose cold?
Mine is....

I want to eat my son?
My baby is so fat and sweet, I think sometimes I could judt bite a piece of him off and eat it. Is that weird?
Additional Details
lol I just realized I put this under infectious ...

I cant get better, please any ideas to help my immune system?
I started working at a day care 2 months ago, and every since I have been sick, recently my body feels tired all the time, it takes al my energy to just open my eyes some time. I have had tonsillitis,...

If you were to be told that you have HIV what is the first thing you will do?

Am I Ok??? >.<?
I have a dog ( just buy it yesterday). Today, he bite me! Am I ok? ( It already vaccinate 2 times, I've already disinfect). I'm really worried
Additional Details
My dog already ...

My roommate has tested positive for TB and I have 4 kids including a new baby what should I do?

Since many years ago i 'm suffering pain in my sinuses with infection ! is there any permanent treatment?
i have done so many treatment bud non of them were useful! is there any PREVENTION at home or herbalmedicine??...

Help! My son has the chicken pox, I think! What do I do?
My 2 year old has bumps all over his back, at first I thought it was mosqito bites, now I don't know what it is!
Me and my other son has never had chicken pox either! What do I do?...

Can I get mono when kissing my girlfriend, even though neither one of us has mono?

The possibility of him contrcting hiv?
my partner and i were recently on holiday when he stood on a needle on the beach,it went right through his foot,whilst the needle looked to have been there for a while what are the possibilities of ...

10.What do you think you can do to help prevent the spread of AIDS?

HIV Positive housekeeper, does she pose a risk to children in household?
Our housekeeper of many years has been tested HIV positive after having lost a lot of weight and feeling ill. She is on antiretroviral medication now, has picked up weight and is feeling fine. There ...

What food and drink should you avoid if you have gout?

How do you no if you got a yest infection?
yea well i dnt wanan try to gross any one out but how do u no if you got one ? i am a 16 yr old girl and i dont no ? and i live wit my dad and dont no my mom so no one to ask?
i asked my friend ...

How do I clear up a urinary tract infection?
For ...

I think I have the flu but am not sure...what would you recommend me taking to make it through my day @ work?
It started yesterday with severe muscle aches in my shoulder, lower back, and legs,, kept going back and forth between being really hot and really cold and also had exhaustion. Today these symptoms ...

How to get out of a flu shot?
i realy hate shots. i have asthma and i just got over realy bad bronchitis (i almost got namonia), so if i get sick now i could end up in the hospital. my mom is going to give me a flu shot, i hate ...

How to stop a sore throat from hurting?
ive been to E.R they said it wasnt strep. and it really hurts....

Shall i go to school tomorrow?
I've been havin a stomach flu since tuesday. the last time I threw up was an hour ago, I feel better but not good, mom said i should stay at home but I've got half a day and a whole night ...

johnwayne
How long are you contagious with chicken pox?
period before spots come out and after

girly girl kel
Rating
i think its till the spots have come out

CHARISMA
Well, they have answered your question, but I became a slight medical marvel when I was eight as I managed to get this particular diesease three times! Which is apparently impossible. Had some blood taken and all that jazz(including an AIDS test my dad told me later on), but they never tracked down why I kept getting it, I think that for some reason I just never made the antigens needed to become immune to it, and ended up having about 1000 boosters for my rubella and tetunus.

When they did the BCG on me at school, it didn't show up at all, so I was completely immune to that, a big surprise to everyone, and that started off another ton of blood tests. Which showed I had antibodies to everything! Though I suffered through 'the pox' three times, I never got anything else at all, not measles, mumps, whooping cough or anything, which just might be the sheer number of vaccinations i got, but I just like to think I'm a bit weird and special.
Anyway, I know this is totally none related to your question really, but you never know, I can't be the only person who gets it more than once!

Mystic Magic
The incubation period between exposure and the first skin lesions is around 10 to 14 days but can be as long as 21 days. You usually develop symptoms about ten to twenty-one days after being exposed to someone with chicken pox (incubation period).

Chicken pox is spread by both direct contact with an infected person and through air borne spread of respiratory secretions. Since infected persons are contagious for 1-2 days before they even develop a rash, you may have been exposed to someone with chicken pox without knowing. You can also get chicken pox after having direct contact with someone who has shingles or herpes zoster, a reactivation of chicken pox.

The first feature is often pyrexia. A temperature of around 38 to 39ºC is usual for up to 4 days. Infection with chicken pox and subsequent immunity can occur without clinical disease. Headache, malaise and abdominal pain may be reported.
Crops of vesicles appear over the course of 3 to 5 days. They are mostly on the head, neck and trunk and very sparse on the limbs.
The lesions tend to be very itchy but perhaps less so in younger children. They pass through the stages of papule, vesicle, pustule and crust.

When the crusts fall off they may leave marks that may be present for a few weeks but there is normally no long term residue. However, in adolescents and adults there is a greater risk of scarring.
Redness around the lesion may suggest bacterial superinfection, probably introduced by scratching.
Lesions may occur in the oropharynx. Little girls may get vulval lesions that are very unpleasant.

button moon
Rating
my two daughters have just had this, with the younger one still with the scabs, its until the very last one has scabed over, even though many think its just until they appear, i spoke the nhs direct nurse to confirm this as my children had them about a week apart, they are also contagious about 2-3 days before they appear

Catwhiskers
Rating
its about 10 days before the spots come out.
when they come out, you are not contagious any longer.

uknative
Rating
People who have chickenpox become contagious 24 hours (and sometimes as long as 48 hours) before breaking out. They remain contagious while uncrusted blisters are present, usually one week or less after breaking out. Chickenpox is extremely contagious, and can be spread by direct contact, droplet transmission, and airborne transmission.

Sara P
Rating
Chicken pox has an incubation period of up to 3 weeks. So you will have it and be contagious and not even know, thats how comes when it goes around every kid in the class gets it. When she spots are scabbed over it is no longer contagious.

My daughter got it at nursery then 3 weeks later my son and baby got it too!!!

R Stoofaloh
Rating
Once the last of your spots bursts and scabs over you are ok

Scotty
Rating
14 to 21 days

Big Ste
You can pass the Chicken Pox virus on to another person until your LAST spot falls off.

twinsters
Rating
once the spots are out it's not contagious.

Honey
Two weeks before the spots come out and til the spots scab over. My kids had them over xmas.

St♥rmy Skye
Contagiousness
Chickenpox is contagious from about 2 days before the rash appears and lasts until all the blisters are crusted over. A child with chickenpox should be kept out of school until all blisters have dried, usually about 1 week. If you're unsure about whether your child is ready to return to school, ask your doctor.

Chickenpox is very contagious — most kids with a sibling who's been infected will get it as well, showing symptoms about 2 weeks after the first child does. To help keep the virus from spreading, make sure your kids wash their hands frequently, particularly before eating and after using the bathroom. And keep a child with chickenpox away from unvaccinated siblings as much as possible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy