Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever had mono and how long did it last?
Do you know anything that can make you get better more quickly?...

MY GIRLFRIEND thinks she is going to catch a cold over the phone because I keep sniffling.?
Can you tell her SHE'S WRONG!...

The Best drink when you have a sore throat?

Please help i know im sick but what do i have?
ok so here are my symptoms i ache all over but primarily in my upper back and chest and i feel really weak, and i have a sore throat slight fever, and a bad headache, and a really bad cough can ...

Lice Again...They just had it 3 months ago..Please Help?
I noticed my daughter scratching her head tonight and decided to check it and what do you know,i found eggs..Her and her sister had it back in July and it took me about 3 weeks to get rid of it.After ...

Strep throat tests at the doctors?
im worried that i might be getting strep throat, lots of my friends have been getting strep throat and what i have is: it hurts when i swallow, my throat is sore, my voice sounds weird when i talk, ...

8 year old daughter has ring worm
my 8 yea old daughter has ring worm what is good for it to make it go ...

Someone with a medical background please help!!!?
My roommate is ill with we don't know what. Her symptoms are nausea, fever, chills and sweats. She also gets headaches frequently. She has been sick for almost 3 weeks now. She thinks that ...

What is the most common way that the flu is spread?
I recently developed what I believe is a mild flu, and I am trying to think where and when I might have caught the flu. I believe it may have been in ski lift queues, on a T bar tow, or it might ...

What are some good foods or drinks to help you fight colds?
I know they have some out there but i feel to sick to look them up and do the research on it.. so if any one knows of anything good to do i would really appreciate it alot..
Deb :)...

Whats the worst diease?

Could this be harmful?
Is it safe to dab bleach on a cold sore to get it to go away quicker. I have a friend who does it all the time and it heals faster than anything else but could it harm your body?...

Can needles used for fixing artificial hair cause HIV/AIDS?

Additional Details
since, these needles doesn't have holes in them like injection needles, where will the virus stay in order to pass the virus to another?...

Will turkeys be going cheep now cause of the bird flu?

Can you catch mono without kissing someone that has it?
My bf's roommate had mono last week. Well, my bf's roommate is a guy and they don't kiss each other. They may cough on each other, but they're both straight. I went out with ...

From whom the aids occur from the male r female?

With the "possibility" of a bird flu pandemic, wouldn't it make sense to tightly control the USA-Mexican
border and make sure everyone who entered had a medical screening? With ILLEGAL entry there is no 'control' or medical screening for that or any other disease (HIV/AIDS, T.B.,etc.)...

Need serious advice about ear infections?Can anyone help?
I got a really bad ear infection a few months ago, first one I ever had- agony!!!Gt antibiotics & it cleared up.Then got another bad one in the other ear.Got antibiotics and it cleared up two ...

Chickenpox!?
Omg. I am 16 and I think i may have the chicken pox
I got it when I was 14... Not when i was 3 or 4 like some others
Could i be getting it again?!
Today i found an itchy rash all over ...

HELP. I am very sick and nobody believes me. I think I am dying...?
I think I am dying. I have diarreah 24/7, I constantly feel like I'm going to throw up (and sometimes I do), I am ALWAYS tired, weak, and dizzy. I usually have some sort of infection, too (...

LILLY J
How long after eating will you be ill if you have food poisoning?
if you eat something that was not cooked properly how long is it before you are unwell?
Additional Details
i have not under cooked anything as i am deeply paranoid about food poisoning, my husband says i over react so i was just wondering how i would know if i did make a mistake.

Evofirst
Rating
my reaction to food poisoning is very quick, usually within an hour or so after I have ingested anything that was contaminated. Some food can be eaten raw, semi-raw if it is fresh, other like chicken and pork need to be well cooked. So it all depends on what type of reaction are you getting.
My normal reaction would be severe stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhoea. Apparently I was told that it is your body immune system naturally reaction to expelling the contaminated bacteria from your body. Hope this helped!

dumbo
Rating
I think abut 4 to 5 hours when the food reaches digesting.

stuart toner
My friend used to work in kfc and the management told them that it takes 24 hours

Astaroth
About an hour maybe sooner

J
I am the same and my husband thinks that I over react aswell

Kukana
Rating
It can be anything up to about six hours, while you're still digesting.

ME
It depends on how much you ate and how undercooked it was. When I got it, it happened within 30 minutes but it can take longer. Definitely by the next day.

washable mist
Rating
depending on what you ate

reedy2826
Well i had food poisoning and it took up to 1 day to affect me. That was the worst. Hope everything is okay. I know when i had it i couldn't move off the couch and when i did it was only to the bathroom. And i got really bad stomach pains. Good luck and hope this helps. God Bless.

TweetyBird
Rating
Within 48 hours. How quickly depends on the causative organism and the individual.

Louise
Within 2 hours? Are you kidding me?

it takes 24 hours to know if you have food posioning. You may have slight symptoms after 6-10 hours but you wont know untill 24 are up.

Streck
Rating
usually happens in the first 2-6 hours

Nadia K
Rating
usually between 6 and 12 hours.

Gem Gem
Rating
you will start feeling unwell within 6 hours, depending on what you eat, but as little as 2.

David
2 and a half hours

swimmer4life6
Rating
you can could start feeling the effects any where from 4-36 hours after eating
Hope you don't have it heres a good site
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/food-poisoning-000064.htm#Signs%20and%20Symptoms

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy