Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Would mosqitoes transfer AIDS?

Why people are more concerned about bird flu than the human flu.?

Do I or don't I get my daughter the flu shot this year?
I am wondering if I should or should not get my daughter (8)vaccinated this year with the flu shot. Last year within a few hours after recieving the flu shot she was violenting throwing up. It lasted ...

Very Serious Question: Scary !?
There are, at least 5 Yahoo'ers out there, that apparrently believe that NO ANIMALS, OTHER YHAN BIRDS, have died of the "Bird Flu"( Avian H5N1), (or N1H1). If and when a vaccination is ...

Low grade fever, please help?
I have been running a low grade fever for about 6 weeks now. I always heard that you don't have to worry about low grade fevers but I don't think it should last that long. My temp used to ...

My boyfriend has pink eye!!?
and before you tell me, yes i know its HIGHLY contagious.
but how can he get rid of it. he doesnt have good health
insurance so a doctor would be a last resort. my mom
says a warm ...

We have found 4 or 5 dead birds in our yard?
Is there some place that we can call or take them to have them check for West Nile? If they do test positive for it what can we do the protect our kids....

If you are taking antibotics for a bladder infection and you get this horrible rash?
Is it serious? I mean does that mean I am going to die?...

Is it possible for someone to have a 130 degree fever?

I need to get better please help!!?
Today at school i was not feeling well at all, but i toughed it out and went to lacrosse practice. Several people including y coach told me i was looking a little flush and asked if i was okay, i ...

My 9yr old has tonsilitis, been on antibiotics for 2 days, hes still miserable & has high temp?
i thought he was acting miserable to pull another day off school,,, but when i checked his temp it was actually 38.8- poor boy!!!!!, lol
shouldnt he be feeling better after 2 days on antibiotics?...

What are the chances that strep throat can spread throughout my body without antibiotics?
I am not sure if I have had it for almost 3 weeks or if I just got it because I have been sick for almost three weeks but I never knew what I had exactly. I thought it was maybe the flu but I checked ...

High fever adult - help?
my friend (19 years old) has been sick with what seems like a upper respitory infection for about 5 weeks (refuses to go to the dr) and now slept all day with a fever adn now woke up with a 104.0 ...

If your friend gets mono how long do you have to wait to kiss them?
And is there any antibotics for it?...

If vaccination causes autism has any study connected other disease?
Recent study found measles vaccination connection. Has any study found any diagnosed autistic with natural measles infection? or Vaccination for other disease?...

What are the symptoms of kindney infection?

Tiberculosis is curable,.. right?
My mom was diagnosed with TB [shes exposed to it in the hospital; Shes a scientist-cancer researcher] and she doesnt want to worry me i guess bc she didnt even tell me!! my sister found out. Well i ...

Can you get hiv or aid from saliva?

What would happen if a nose infection wasn't treated?

Additional Details
bacterial ...

I work at a daycare & there is a baby whose parents both have Hepatitis C. Should I be concerned?

BJ Mckay
How long after beginning antibiotics will strep throat feel better?
I've had a sore throat for 5 days. On day 3 it started to get worse. Day 4 I went to the hospital, was diagnosed with Strep Throat, and given Penicillin. I've been on this antibiotic for a day and a half. I can't keep any foods or liquids down. The Doc said get plenty of fluids, but I'd rather jump through a glass window than to feel the pain of something going down my throat. How long before I start to feel better?

Lady_in_Red
Rating
You should start feeling better right away. I mean in about two days after taking the medication, there should be an improvement. I see that is not the case.

Are you allegic to the medication? Do you have another condition as well as a strep throat? You won't get better until your stomach settles down. You need something to settle your stomach immediately.

You can use something to temporarily relieve the pain in your throat, like Chloraseptic. Although it masks the problem, you are dealing with it.

Apparently, you need to see a doctor again.

The sad part of Emergency room medicine is that it is focused only on getting the condition stabilized rather than cured. As you can tell from your treatment, you are stil very ill and won't get better until all facets of your health are examined.

labchick1978
a good 48 hrs usually does the trick, but TAKE THE FULL COURSE!!! Don't just stop taking them when you feel better or it can come back with a vengence!!!

Campfire Stories
1 week-2 weeks
remember to keep taking antibiotics until your prescription runs out! you dont want to have it all over again in a couple of months!

you should look into getting something to soothe your throat, so you can take the medicine.

kita
Rating
Penicillin is pretty strong. Give it a full 48 hours of the correct dose the doctor prescribed. Feel Better!

mac3
Try yogourt, jell-o, pudding, ice cream. It takes a good 7-14 days for antibiotics to work. Ice chips

Stuart
It usually takes 3-4 days before your infection gets under control when you take antibiotics. Gargle with salt water. I also found gargling with Chlorohexidine (mouth rinse for gum disease) helps. If you don't feel better in 3-4 days, go back to your doctor, your body may have developed a Penicillin resistant. Hope this helped!

╚»ღSNAPSღ«╝
Rating
i feel ur pain..im always sick like that, u should take it as soon as u feel the sore throat so u could have stopped the strep throoat before it got worse, maybe a week or to..take ur anti biotics though, take them as many times a day as u can

walkon
you should feel better really soon. if you dont in the next day i would go back to the doctor. you may need a different type of antibiotic. i usually ask for a zpac b/c its only a 4-5 days of taking pills, not 7-10 days. plus it knocks it out fast. as always do what you think is best. if you think you should go back now, go back now. or call to talk to a doctor. good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy