Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can you get hepatitus c from sharing a cigarette with someone who has the virus?

I'm pregnant and my husband has the flu. I have not had a flu vaccine,any advice for me/baby staying healthy?

What have you done to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS?
Since today is AIDS Awareness Day, I was wondering what you have done to make more people aware about the AIDS virus and how to prevent HIV/AIDS to others especially to children and teens?
A...

Is Irvin Magic Johnson HIV positive?

What woman, known for the headway she made in the field of nursing and the sanitation conditions in hospitals,

What is a jugular?
lol please ...

Tatoo and /or body piercing ?
Are you aware of the risks involved ? Hepititis C is called "the silent epidemic" Millions of people who have invested in tatoos and body piercings are not aware that they have contracted H...

Did everyone have their free HIV test done yesterday? I hope you all did.?

Additional Details
It was national HIV testing Day. I hope everyone was made aware....

Could I have strep throat?
Last Thursday my stomach began to feel crampy, then a few days later i got a sore throat, and then couple more days later i got a stuffy nose and a cough and i have a little bit of phlegm. Now i have ...

Can anyone tell me what these symptoms might mean?
-occasional chills but sweating
-fever of 99.49
-muscle aches
-headache
-insomnia
-nausea

they have been going on for about 5 days now and i'm not sure what ...

The act or practice of inoculating someone w/ vaccince as a protection against disease.?

How does AIDS kill you?

What are favorable conditions for the spead of infection?

Sore Throat for 10 months~PLEASE ADVISE?
I've had CAT scans, taken numerous antibiotics that doctors prescribe to me, took every home remedy others suggested. No help !
Although I did like some homemade concoction while in China ...

If people eat chicken soup for the flu?
What would they eat if they contracted the avian flu?...

Ooops i just ate soap will i die?
help!...

I wanted to know if it was normal for guys to piss out blood cuz all my friends said it was plz help!?!?

10 points for BEST ANSWER!?
Should I get a meningococcal meningitis vaccine considering the vaccination hoax? How can I tell my parents?...

What is aids?

Embarassing question...lol?
When you have vaginitis or some sort of bacterial infeciton (which I did or might even have it again) I took meds for it and got cured but then went back with my partner who had not been treated......

the rEEL 1
How do white blood cells eat germs?

fritoz2012
because they are hungry jk they eat them by absorbing them like when they touch the germs it just goes in them

Sastimasa
Rating
with BBQ sauce :P

- Sastimasa

Mr. Desmond
Rating
I dont think they eat germs

cutiepie=]
Rating
the same way we eat piee =]]

Rating
it's probably evolutionary type thing that became a defense mechanism for survival.

mrchowrules
They release antigens that are specific to certain germs. The antigens are programmed to attack the part of the germs that regulate cell division, so they can no longer divide. The germs eventually die.

Satchmo
Rating
By phagocytosis (the engulfing of the invading germ by the leukocyte).

Maxie M
White blood cells are an important part of our body's immune system. Their role is to defend the body against infection by germs.
White blood cells are capable of passing through the walls of capillaries (tiny blood vessels) in order to attack, kill and consume intruder germs.
White blood cells are an important part of our body's immune system. Their role is to defend the body against infection by germs.

White blood cells are capable of passing through the walls of capillaries (tiny blood vessels) in order to attack, kill and consume intruder germs.

There are between 7,000 to 25,000 white cells in a single drop of blood!

SUMSUM
They use fork and knife, cut it to pieces then eat it ;p
No, I am joking. Okay, this is how it works. "Lymphocytes," produce something that attaches to bacterials and viruses and MARKS them or clusters them together so lukocytes(white blood cells) can attack them. White cells are like jelly and they take the virus or bacteria inside themselves and use an ENZYME (called Lysosome) to dissolve them.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy