Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What's the reason of increasing aids people in the world?

Can I drink alcohol with strep and on amoxicillin?
A couple friends of mine and I are planning on going to a golf outing this weekend. I found out monday I have strep throat and have been on amoxicillin since then. The outing is saturday. My throat ...

Can shingles be contagious for new born babies?

What happens when you run in the cold?
what does it do to your body?...

If you have strep throat, is it normal to also shake uncontrolably and have black dots on your throat?
my friend has strep throat and she has all other symptoms i am able to reserch. but she also has a black and white spotted throat, and was shaking uncontrolably. shes 15 years old, and short and thin ...

I was eating ice chips the other night at work and a nurse asked if I was anemic. Is this a symptom of anemia?

Do you think there will be a cure for aids, cancer, or other incurable disease in the near future?

Is there a way to see if you had chickenpox?
I don't know if I ever had it, but I'm curious. Also does someone know if the chickenpox shot needs to be renewed?...

What diseases can you get if you don't eat right?

Does an immunization hurt?urgent!!?
plz help does an immunization hurt?????????????...

Which of following are bacterial infections of the skin oil glands?
a. melanoma c. skin dryness
b. sunburn d. acne

Bone fractres in children are often different from fratures in adults. Explain why this may be so....

I have the Flu, Its horrible!?
So I went to the mall on the way back on Saturday I started caughing, then my throat started hurting like crazy. Then My head started hurting, and it was hard for me to speak. Last night I had a ...

My 8 ry old has a stomach bug, hasnt eaten in 2 days, what can she eat?

I have a serious disease, when is it a good time to tell the person you're dating or going to date about it?
In the past I've always been up front about what I've.As usasul after I tell them, they come up with a lie to get out of the relationship or just don't call anymore.If I don't ...

Why is it that i can always experience a mouth herpes compare to other person and besides i am already 25 year
why is it that i can always experience a mouth herpes compare to other person and besides i am already 25 years old?...

Do you get scabies through not washing properly?

Cold sores?
Does anyone know the best way to get rid of them? I seem to get them all over my face instead of just on my mouth--even when i wash my hands thousands of times and dont share drinks or anything?! I ...

I never got chickenpox as a kid, could I still get them as an adult?

Is pinkeye really contagious?
And do you think my daycare lady will notice? My 5 yr old doesn't really seem to be bothered with other symptoms. So what's the big deal? So- what if it is contagious? That's probably ...

Should hiv infected nurses be allowed to give patient care?

Jessica T
How do u get rid of a tick?

lily
Rating
DO NOT burn it while it is still attached.This will make it bury deeper.

People, if you do not know what the hell you are talking about, don't freaking reply!

Simply use tweezers.Make sure to get the head.

Tracy T
Rating
Light a match, blow out the flame, tehan stick the hot head of the match to the tick. He should pull right off.

bunny
Rating
HI there! I have a way that does not require burning. You take some oil and put it where the tick is and then get tweezers to pull it out.You must make sure that you get the entire tick. That is the reason for the oil-it has nothing to grab on to. I wish you the best luck in your effort to remove the tick.

Maximus
Don't just pull the thing out. The head will detach and be left in your skin to infect it. Don't burn it or apply nail polish or anything else to it, you could make the tick regurgitate poison back into you. Simply take a pair of tweazers and gently grasp as close to the skin as possible the head of the tick and pull him out of there. You'll see he's still alive and hasn't poisoned you further. After that, flush him!!!

yo yo yo
Rating
PULL IT OFF..THEN BURN THAT ****

neodracolith
Take a pair of tweezers and grab it right behind the head ( if you can't get the head itself), and pull it out gently. If you burn it, it could burrow deeper and cause major health problems. Just make sure you don't pop the head off.

rissa275
Rating
You have to burn it out with a lighter.

Muledancer
grasp it and pull gently until it comes loose then destroy it.

Lucy
Sometimes this works. Put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball & place it on the tick. He should back out for a second or two, so you have to be quick & grab it with the tweezers. Be sure to burn the tick after.

Michelle Obama
Tick's mouthparts have reverse harpoon-like barbs, designed to penetrate and attach to skin. Ticks secrete a cement-like substance that helps them adhere firmly to the host.Use a cotton swab dipped in turpentine to swab the tick...and after a few minutes the tick's mouth parts will release. Only when you have dissolved the cement can you:
1) Use fine-point tweezers to grasp the tick at the place of attachment, as close to the skin as possible.
2) Gently pull the tick straight out.
3) Place the tick in a small vial labeled with the victim's name, address and the date.
4) Wash your hands, disinfect the tweezers and bite site.
5) Mark your calendar with the victim's name, place of tick attachment on the body, and general health at the time.
6) Call your doctor to determine if treatment is warranted.
7) Watch the tick-bite site and your general health for signs or symptoms of a tick-borne illness. Make sure you mark any changes in your health status on your calendar.
8) If possible, have the tick identified/tested by a lab, your local health department, or veterinarian.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy