Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Should we really be washing our hands LESS so our immune systems build up tolerances to the various bacteria?
Rather than washing with antibiotic soaps which in the long run just make the bugs stronger?...

What are the most deadly diseases?

How can I naturally get rid of chicken pox marks?

I was sick 2 days ago and I've been taking paracetamol... and going to a party tomorrow.is it okay if I drink?

How can you prevent apendix burst?

Why do i keep vomiting?
im not ...

Do you believe thimerosal from vaccines is the reason of autism?
Or one of the reasons ?
Why yes or why not?
Additional Details
They said they removed the thimerosal but they DID NOT . It is too cheap preservative and too profitable for ...

Is it me or does everyone have a cold right now?

How can I get rid of a fever?
My son has gastroenteritis. We've been to the doctor, but his temp wasn't high enough to treat. I've been giving him Tylenol because it's been getting up to 101+. But the Tylenol ...

If i have a dream about me dieing does that mean i will die soon??
does it mean i will die soon?? please im scared to death
Additional Details
come to think of it last night (when i had the dream) before i went to bed i watched a show where this one guy ...

Can anyone tell me the symptoms of gallstones?

What will medication for strep do if i dont have strep?
so i have white spots on my throat, swollen lymph nodes, a headache, high fever, abdominal pain, and i have almost no energy. My symptoms can either mean i have strep or mono, so i went to the doctor,...

Is there a non prescription way of treating pink eye?

Is Lyme disease deadly?
for ...

Urinary Tract INFECTION!?
I have some of the urinary tract infection symptons:

Pain or burning when you urinate.
An urge to urinate frequently but usually passing only small quantities of urine.
Cloudy ...

What could I have?
Hello! I've already asked this question, but my symptoms have changed. I don't wanna go to the doctor.

Symptoms:
-I'm hot then I'm cold
-headaches

Any hopes that vaccines for common colds will come out?
They got flu shots, shots for measles, chicken pox and I just heard that there's another one for pneumonia. How about common colds? Will we be able to get shots for common colds? Would be nice,...

Dose boiling kill viruses?
at what temperature a virus cna be ...

Can guys get yeast infections?Do they have any symptoms?

Anyone know of staff infection?
....anyone have it before....well i have it...and its bad....ive used bleach and taken antibiotics...anyone know how to get rid of this nasty crap!...

Honest Abe
How can I get a bug out of my dad's ear?
My dad has had a bug logged in his ear for a couple weeks now. He WILL NOT go to the doctor to get it removed. We killed the bug with oil and have tried flushing it out with water and peroxide. I have tried getting it with tweezers very gently but only succeed in getting little pieces. I can't get a hold of the bug because its logged and I don't want to push it further back. Is there some kind of ear vacuum devise or something else I can do to help him?

ygwild
Rating
By the sounds it's a tick as this is what they do.
You had better get him to the doctor as ticks give out paralysis poison and can affect the brain.
Ticks can kill dogs and us if it get's big enough.
He will start having a balance problem and it will get worse.
Make sure there's nowehere else on his body or head. my uncle had one hidden in his beard so be careful.
The doctor is the best procedure if you want your dad to live.

Check google for paralysis ticks to see if it's the same bug.
There are a lot of varieties but they do the same thing.

If he still doesn't want to go it is up to you on whether you still want a stubborn dad alive or dead.

TKS
I think you've done all you can at home. It will either come out with time or get infected and he'll have to go to the doctor anyway.

Red S
OKAY! there are two ways of doing this. First shine a light in the ear, bugs always 'go to the light'. if this does not work. Put some WARM oil dropping in his ear to make the bug float out. If both does not work, NEVER put something foreign in the ear and seek medical attention.

Tiger
Rating
you will have to force him to the doctor or he can keep it there.

Jeff M
Rating
just tilt his head and use more peroxide.it will take care of it

KIZIAH
Rating
Boy, that must be some bug. Please talk him into going to an ENT doctor. He has the necessary instruments, and your dad could get a terrible infection if the bug isn't removed soon. At the very least he could get a punctured ear drum from all that poking around in his ear. And are you sure it's a bug and not a growth or something?

Mum Mum
Go to the hospital. They will remove it.

Judge Sludge says:
use an ear syringe and flush the ear canal with warm water, that should work but it may take sometime to work...just keep flushing until you get the results you're looking for....

piano teacher
I agree with judge sludge. You can also try using a water pick with warm saline. That may sound crazy to some, but it's actually what the pediatrician's office used when my daughter had ear gunk built up in her ear. If the water pick (yes, like what you use on your teeth) has different settings for how hard the spray is, use the gentle one.

Make sure the saline is not hot.... but not cold, either.

If this doesn't work, definitely make him go to the doctor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy