Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Shall i go to school tomorrow?
I've been havin a stomach flu since tuesday. the last time I threw up was an hour ago, I feel better but not good, mom said i should stay at home but I've got half a day and a whole night ...

How long does food take to get from mouth to toilet?

Why do men after time of having a woman he feel nhe has gotten the best out of the waman and he start misbehal

Can greeks contract HIV?

Why are our hospitals a disgrace?
Birthing wards that are a danger, viruses, and A&E's that don't fiunction
Additional Details
how about basing it on successful models found in Australia then?? Treatment ...

Why might hospitals not allow visitors?
The doctors say it’s because of the flu this really ...

Can a person die from tapeworms?
If they ingest not fully cooked bratwurst....

I have itchiness like you know where. how do you help this infection. Its really itchy?
Definatly need advice!!...

Could she have AIDS?
My co-worker is stressing out because she just found out her ex boyfriend has FULL Blown AIDS. Now the last time she was with him intimately was back in 2003. She is freaking out, she thinks she may ...

Is it possible to catch a flu virus during this time of the year?
A few days ago I caught a VIRUS, have no idea how or why because everyone around me has been feeling good so i am not sure how I got it. Is it normal to catch this right now?...

How do i get fever instantly?(i have to get it in order to skip my exams) please answer fast?

Could i have flu or pnuemonia? or is it something else.?
FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS ive been feeling dizzy.tired.my throats itching but is not sore (so is my chest) like a burning sensation in my chest.sometimes i get sharp pains when i breathe in deeply.my ...

HIV/AIDS Epidemic, whose fault is that?
Who is mainly responsible for HIV/AIDS epidemic in the US?
Additional Details
Yeah, I agree with most of you that it's our fault.

Thanks. :)...

How do you find peace and lower stress?
Today I found out I have stage 3 bridging fibrosis, geno type 1a, and we did talk about liver transplant and the fact that this is a very difficult type to treat. I realize staying positive is ...

Is tanpons ok if you dont have a peiord?

Please help me....what could make me feel so bad. I am desperate for help?
What would make all my muscles and joints ache. I have a really bad rash thats raised big and red with blisters the blisters are kind of drippy, they are all over my body. They don't itch but ...

Why do america use the chicken pox vaccine and we dont?
im in the uk, my daughter is having a hard time with them, if we had this vaccine then she wouldnt be this ill, im not very happy about it, as shes so uncomfortable, is horrible for me, as it is her, ...

How do you stop your eye from twitching?

Additional Details
its right under my eye and it happens ...

What over the counter medicine is good for Urinary tract infections?
i have a burning sensation when i pee, im itchy, and i thnk i have a cut down there. i am going to go to the dr's asap, but in meanwhile what is the best over the counter medicine to take?...

No i have the chicken pocks?

Sarah
Help! My son has the chicken pox, I think! What do I do?
My 2 year old has bumps all over his back, at first I thought it was mosqito bites, now I don't know what it is!
Me and my other son has never had chicken pox either! What do I do?

Wiseone
Chicken Pox is nothing to fool around with. It can make boys sterile. Please take him to the hospital.

joe
Rating
See your doctor pronto.

A J
Rating
Take him to the doctor right now!

Dulce
Rating
It will eventually go away, just treat the symptoms. Be careful because it is contagious

Goddess
Rating
It's mumps that make boys sterile, not chicken pox. However, chicken pox can be quite dangerous for children under 5 -- you should take him to the doctor ASAP. And on the off chance it isn't chicken pox, it still sounds like something the doctor needs to diagnose right away.

lisanielle t
Rating
ok you have to stay calm all you have to do is keep him out of school or daycare and keep him in his bed room dont let him around anyone but ht e doctor until it is infected and call the doctor and make an appointment until then dont let him out his room unless he has to use the bathroom until he sees the doctor but if they cant do nothin bout it just take care of him the best you can and what ever he needs bring it to his room and if he likes to watch tv and he doesnt have one in his room get one in his room and get him things to do while he stays in his room!then after he sees the doctor he will be fine and back to what he was doin before he got the chicken pox and whatever he did right before getting the chickenpox then dont let him or your others son do it again bcuz they will get the cp

a.a
Rating
Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV), also known as human herpes virus 3 (HHV-3), one of the eight herpes viruses known to affect humans. It starts with conjunctival and catarrhal symptoms and then characteristic spots appearing in two or three waves, mainly on the body and head rather than the hands and becoming itchy raw pox (pocks), small open sores which heal mostly without scarring.

Chickenpox has a 10-14 day incubation period and is highly contagious through physical contact two days before symptoms appear. Following primary infection there is usually lifelong protective immunity from further episodes of chickenpox. Recurrent chickenpox, commonly known as shingles, is fairly rare but more likely in people with compromised immune systems.

Prognosis and treatment
Chickenpox infection tends to be milder the younger a child is and symptomatic treatment, with a little sodium bicarbonate in baths or antihistamine medication to ease itching, and paracetamol (acetaminophen) to reduce fever, are widely used. Ibuprofen can also be used on advice of a doctor. There is no evidence to support the topical application of calamine lotion, a topical barrier preparation containing zinc oxide in spite of its wide usage and excellent safety profile.

It is important to maintain good hygiene and daily cleaning of skin with warm water to avoid secondary bacterial infection. Infection in otherwise healthy adults tends to be more severe and active; treatment with antiviral drugs (e.g. acyclovir) is generally advised. Patients of any age with depressed immune systems or extensive eczema are at risk of more severe disease and should also be treated with antiviral medication.

kymmy_kins
Keep him quarantined....Call his pediatrician and they will have you bring him in to verify this is what he has. But call first....they will probably have you bring him in the back door, because they will need to determine if he is contagious....Everything will be OK. First, keep his hands clean. He will want to itch the pox marks. Your pediatrician will probably recommend that you get some calamine lotion and an antihistamine to keep the itchiness and uncomfortableness down to a minimum. If you have never had them, then I would also let the Dr. know. They say that it is worse for an adult than a child to have them. Keep him comfortable and inside. :-)

jodie13121
go to the docs to confirm thats what it is, if it is he will give you cream as chicken pox itch like mad and a 2 year old wont understand y, im not sure about you and your other son but id prepair to get it too, if your other son is younger it might be better to get a family member to have him untill its cleared? not really sure what else to say but go to the docs so he can rule out serious conditions and confirm its chicken pox. x

white_flames
Rating
firstly, don't panic. then go to the doctor's. he/she should be able to tell you if it really is chicken pox and give your son (probably you too) some drugs.

its gonna be itchy, so its best to not scratch or it might leave scars. my mother used to tell me if its unbearable, rub the itchy part with hair instead of fingernails..but i guess your son would have short hair..

its best to avoid seafood and eggs so that you dont scratch or feel itchy too much. also, boil the clothes/sheets/towels coz it kills the bacteria

it shouldnt be too bad :)

Darke Angel
Check with your son's doctor. Chicken pox is contageous.

lil 'c jive
Rating
Dont panic, just take him to the Dr. I and everyone I knew when I was little had chicken pox. All they will tell you is to give him oatmeal baths, and may give him medication to help him feel better faster. If they itch, it is probably chicken pox.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy