Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible to get a parasite from peeing outside?

Can you catch bird flu from eating an egg?

Ive been sick to my stomach for days and ive been tired what do i have?

How many have heard of the infection called MRCA?
I have it and it is very dangerous and very easily spread i read that we should worry more about this then the bird flu so has anyone else heard of it??...

Sinus infections?
what works best for a sinus ...

Can Hepatit C be cured by natural sources ike eating good and healthy food and taking the right vitamins?
I wonder since Hepatit is a liver disease, can it, in years be gone by the help of having an organized lfe and a healthy eating habbits.thank you from now!...

Bse, bird flu,foot&mouth.What chance humans, if a virulent disease ails our population? Do we get culled?

Bacterial infections???
Okay so I have had a bacterial infection in my throat in august, a yeast infection in December, tonsillitis in January, and bacterial vaginosis??? Why do I get so many infections????? Please tell me?...

What do I do about a 100.6 temp?
My boyfriend has a temp of 100.6. He says his body hurts all over. What should I do?...

Has the HIV virus been existing long before it was been discovered and the main route of entry into humans.?
What has actually made the spread of this virus(HIV) so rampant in Sub Sahara Africa,and India.Is there another means of transmission other than those known to scientist?
What does the malaria ...

I have A rhesus negative blood?
I just found out I have A rhesus negative blood.
Is it very rare or not really rare at all?

Should I be carrying a card or wearing some kind of ID? If I needed a transfusion, I'...

Can you contract hepatitis C through saliva or kissing?

I need help! I have Strep Throat and I need to know more!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!?
I've had a cold lately, but yesterday my mom made me a virgin margarita to help with my throat. But when I drank it, it stung instead of helped. My mom looked and she said I had blisters in my ...

How do you throw away used needles and syringes?
i know they are considered biohazards so how do i get rid of them?...

A person who treats diseases of animals.?

I just finished havng a bout of chicken pox, and have just started noticing spots on my 6month old son?
i think he s coming down with it, what should i do? at the moment he is not having any temperature, or refusing his feeds, when i had mine it was really bad, pls tell me would the babys own be that ...

Will haircolor kill headlice?

Anyone got flu ?
I have just got up from bed, silly thing to do, I will have a coffee then go back again....

Can swallowing mucous cause a stomach virus?

What is that dangly bit in the throat called?

ems7901
Hand Sanitizer kills 99.9% of germs What the other 1% of germs its not killing?

Bacteria Boy
Rating
Approximately 0.1% of bacteria are truelt pathogenic By this we mean they will infect a healthy individual. Its quite ironic really that that is the same percentage that hand washes DO not kill. Makes me laugh when the Ads come on.

NM
Rating
the germs that real soap and water get rid of that the sanitizer cant lmao duhhhh!!!

wineduchess
Hello! It is .1% (a tenth of a percent), not worth worrying about.

Radagast97
Rating
Only sterilization kills everything. Why the hell would you be concerned? 99.99% of the germs on your skin are non-pathogenic anyway.

going-to-light
Rating
really nice question and i have always wondered what is the 0.1%that can not be killed and still do not know but maybe the aim of this is to tell you that it is not perfectly safe in order not to sue them in case something happened

John
The remaining germs actually grow at a accelerated rate due to lack of competition and the added nutrients resulting from their dead brethren. The population grows back to approximately the same level it was once at.

Randy Buttledge
Rating
The alcohol they use in all hand sanitizers is just that; alcohol. Alcohol is not and can not be a sterilizer, or something that destroys all forms of microbial life on a surface. You cannot sterilize living tissue like your body; there are always microbes present. Endospores (spores of vegetative pathogens that are dormant) can live in buckets of alcohol. I think the reason people have problems with this is that they misunderstand basic microbiology terminology.

Sterilize: Like when the hospital autoclaves the surgical instruments. It kills everything, even endospores.

SANITIZE: The reduction of the microbial load on a given surface to a safe level for the general public without killing endospores. This is what a hand sanitizer does. This is also what a restaurant does to the eating utensils: just enough to not make you sick.

Disinfection: The destruction of vegetative pathogens, usually by chemicals.

Antisepsis: Killing vegetative pathogens on a living surface (tissue).
Really hope that this helps you out. P.S. washing your hands for 15 seconds is way better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy