Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

On a scale of 1-10, how bad does a flu shot hurt?

My throat has been KILLING me for 2 days, how do i know if i need my tonsils out, or if i have strep throat?
it hurts pretty badly when i swallow! any remedies? please help!...

Is lyme disease fatal?

What is the best home remedy for a sore throat?

Is it possible for someone to get chicken pox twice?

Headlice problems?
what do you reccommend for getting rid of them, my daughter is always getting them from school, and to be quite honest im sick of it! tried nearly everything now, what do you use though?...

Can one contact HIV by kissing?

How do i deal with internal pains and gas?
i do get pains after ...

Where is the most bacteria/germ filled place?
I already know the answer to this, I'm just curious how many other people actually realize where it is & why.
Additional Details
For the record, it's neither a body part ...

Can I be a carrier of chicken pox and I can I get it again?
I had a very mild case of chicken pox because I got it while I was having typhoid and was receiving a lot of medication. My brother just got chicken pox. Is it possible for me to get it again? And ...

What is it called when u have to pee alot?
i don't know what it is ...

My brother has the stoach flu, what should he eat?!!!!!?
My brother had the flu yesterday and he threw up once. What is something he can eat today that won't be hard on his stomach. anything besides toast?...

What's the next thing up from chicken pox?
My son's friend has got something and we don't know what it it but we know it is the next thing up from chicken pox?
Does anybody know what it is?...

STREP THROAT...help?
i think i'm gettin it
my b/f had it and was getting over it and we were kissing and drinkin after each other
its 2 days later and my throat and ear is starting to hurt...
will it ...

My girl has just come home from school with worms ????
Hi my little girl has come home from school today with worms .. i noted a few probs a few days ago with her.. sent my hubby off to the chemist for some treatment and advice and should i notify the ...

My daughter has just caught Chicken Pox , the spots started on Friday?
She is three years old any one got any good advice/tips please....

What makes HIV so deadly?

Poor hubby has man flu, will he survive the night?

Additional Details
More importantly will I survive it?...

Wo had had the chicken pox?

If the dead start attacking the living what course of action should people take?
http://www.node666.org/...

Gen
Everyone in my family has had the flu except me! How can I avoid getting sick?

Additional Details
My parents both got the vaccine, and they still got sick.

Alex
Rating
Keep a safe distance from those who have th flu, and dont drink after anyone!! NO ONE.

The only other thing that u can do is take vitamins, and maybe ask a doctor. Take vitamins that strengthen ur immune system.... take vitamin c's....

I hope that I helped!!

PS... eat healthy and wash ur hands and body all of the time

eeEK a mouse
Rating
Start taking some Emulsified Cod Liver Oil

DR W
Stay away from home.

chazohio
seems you already have..

misty
take vitamin c like oranges and drink plenty of water

hotbutter
Rating
shots does not guarantee anything. it may help to minimize symptoms.
if you have a healthy immune system, you can avoid it. also wash your hands often.

call me wilson
Rating
vitamin c eat strawberries they have more vitamin c than oranges and try not to share drink and things like that

jamieeeeeeeee
wash your hands alot. dont touch things they touch. drink water. stay out of the house as much as possible

Carlie
Rating
One avoid them - stay in your room,

two eat plenty of fruit = plenty of vit C which will help boost your immune system

Three- drink lots of water, flush your body out of toxins to aid getting rid of the bug

cathyak_2000
Rating
Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands :) That is the best method to avoid catching the flu.

Rere489
You can't, its probably too late. But avoid any and all contact with mucus membranes, specifically your eyes, nose, and mouth. Wash hands, wash hands, and wash hands

Britney H
two words: VITAMIN C! and you should also not share any eating utincils or anything with them.. wash your hands a lot, too! :) good luck!

devipresszephoria
Rating
I'm not sure you can avoid it; but take airborne. That stuff literally kills any virus I have had in half. I haven't had a cold or flu all season; all thanks to Airborne.

Oh, and use lots of hand sanitizer; do not pick your nose; do not chew on your nails, and drink lots of orange juice. Because I don't do these nasty things; I rarely get sick.

brittanylcastle
Rating
Keep on taking vitamins and increase your b12. I would also take a mild cold med. Like Tylenol cold or Robitussin. Even if you just take a teaspoon i have found that it keeps your body fighting any possible symptoms. I would also listen to everyone else keep a distance from them, dont share drinks, snacks. Boil your tooth brush or buy a new one.

♥Cutie Patootie!♥
Rating
vitamines and dont get in their faces...make sure they're on an antibiotic...after 24 hours on that they arent contageous

m8g8
Just try not to stand do near them when they talk to you and make sure you don't share food and you wash cutlery properly.

My Mum and sister had really bad flu not too long ago and I missed catching it because I did that.

Also I think that because my sister is very young and that my Mum is older so they are less likely to fight the bug as well as some one my age is.

Marissa C
Rating
Is it the stomach flu??

if it is.. im in the same boat.

Its actually a virus so there isnt really a way to stop it. Just wash your hands a lot. Make sure you dont drink out of the same cups. Basically dont let any of their inner fluids into you body. Thats where the virus lives.

loopy loo
you must be doing something right already as you are only one not sick. constant washing of hands. and try to keep your hands away from your face is all i can recommend

Amy W
Frequent hand washing, seperate dishes and towels, don't hug, flu shot helps, invest in hand sanitizer, get lots of rest in clean bedding, and if all else fails, wear a surgical mask

papabear098
Wash your hands and you could wear a mask if you want to go and see them plus stay warm but not to hot

Squeakers
Rating
The flu is very easily transferred from one person to another, but you can still try to boost your immune system as much as possible. Take Vitamin C daily ( I take 2, which equals 1000mg), get some Airborne mix it up and drink that daily as well. Drink lots of water, powerade, and gatorade. Otherwise just eat lots of fruit and vegetables, try not to get too close to your parents if it's not necessary. You should also get some Lysol and spray it on everything they use (ex. phone, door nobs, pillows, blankets) ... pretty much anything they come into contact with. You may still get the flu ... but these things should help make it a lot less likely.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy