Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What disease/sickness can u get for kissing/making out?

Can you catch a disease from a mosquito bite?
usually once its bitten you...you can kill it and then all this blood is on you hands and I know its other peoples blood what diseases can you ...

Can chicken pox be deadly?
I'm 22 yrs old and over the past three days I've had a fever, headache, sore throat, nausea, and cold chills. Now today little red bumps are popping up all over my arms and numerous little ...

I have pin worms.can they kill me?
im 15 and i have pin worms i know for sure but i am not going to the doctor or telling my mum thats way 2 embarrasing and i cant buy the medicine myself. if i leave them could they kill me
A...

What happens if i pee blood and they say i don't have bladder infections?
well i went to a doctor because i was peeing blood , checked me and said it was not a bladder infection . and told me to go back two weeks and if i still pee blood they will see whats wrong with me ....

Virus vs Bacteria, whats the difference?
Whats the difference between getting sick from a virus or getting sick from bacteria???...

Can you get cold sores when the person that has them dosnt have a breakout?
Hi my friends 3 year old has cold sores, we had a garage sale this weekend at my house, she wasnt broken out but I have a 8 month old and you know how kids are putting everything in there mouth im so ...

I have had the flu badly for five days now after a shot. How long does it last?
I am fed up now. Body is still aching despite all the medicine. And Yes I can get the flu from the jab because my doctor and pharmacist say I can so dont tell me I cant because I have!!!!!...

Can adults contract hepatitus A?

What is the best way to get rid of lice?
Beside buying the kit, what are some other fast, effective ways to kill lice?...

Half a sore throat?
For the last few days I've had half a sore throat, 1 swollen gland, half a blocked-up nose and 1 watery eye (all on the same side). It's got progressively worse, though not to the point of ...

Can copper get rusty?my son scratched himself with something and i found copper on floor from the pipes?
his leg bleed little.he is 13 months old.he had all his tetanos vaccines 9 months ago.can he get tetanos?shoul he get tetanose vaccine?
Additional Details
shoul he get tetanos vaccine ...

Who needs to know the HIV status of HIV positive children attending the public schools?
HIV project in nursing ...

What is Parkinson's Disease?
I need to know? What is Parkinson's Disease? And how is it formed?...

Should i replace Ibuprophen with Tylenol for my Rheumatoid Arthritis?
I thought i read that Tylenol is not anti-inflammatory? Did I; or should i start using it? I take two 200 mg. of Ibuphropen daily & it helps somewhat; i don't have much pain with my R.A. ...

I've gotten Strep throat for the second time this month, is there any reason why it's back?
I was on antibiotics and I felt a lot better (2 weeks ago), but now the symptoms are back.
Additional Details
I forgot to add that I DID finish the ...

How do you get mono?
Someone said they got mono from drinking after someone, but I think they would have to drink a crap load to get mono after someone. Isn't the only way to get to kiss alot?...

Â· You were told you had a terminal illness and had six months to live. What three things would be most?
important for you to do?...

How does AIDS affect the body?

List types of sectually transmitd diseases and their signs and symptomps?

manic-depressive
Does redness indicate a positive tuberculosis test?
I understand that a red and swollen bump means that you have a positive tb test, but what if only redness appears with NO hard swelling? Does it still mean you have a positive result?

pinkyismygirlfriendniluvhur
sounds like some kinda rash to me

better get it checked

muslim-doctor
actually its wrong to consider that a red swollen bumb means that the TB test is positive,there has to be an induration at the area of the test more then 10 mm diameter circumference and even this positive test doesn't indicate that the patient is suffering from TB,but it could refer to past vaccination or infection.only a negative test which is redness and enduration of less than 10 mm means the patient doesn't have TB.

sundoc49
Rating
The redness is not relevant. You measure the induration 48-72 hours after the test is applied. 1.0 cm is a positive test. If positive, a chest x ray is done. If this is abnormal, tuberculosis treatment is given (after culturing). If it is normal, and the skin test was negative within the last 2 years or if you are under 35 years old, you should get preventative treatment with INH (with or without B6) for 9 months. I measure induration by running a pen on the arm and marking where the pen stops due to the induration. I do this from both sides and then measure the induration in millimeters.

thependragonseye
Rating
Sometimes. In any case, the bump test can give both false positives and false negatives. Your doctor or medical practitioner should have set up a second appointment for your test to be checked. Don't stress yourself out until you get it checked by a professional.

emanzit
Hi.
Assuming you had a PPD ( TB skin test), the red bump does not nnecessarily mean that you have active TB. The test helps identify if your body has ever created antibodies for TB. This simply means that you had the Tubercle bacilli in your body. This does not mean that you have the disease.

Normally they measure the size of the bump in milimeters and depending on the size and the predesposing factors, they determine if you need an x-ray and sputum analysis or not.

down south
Rating
A follow up test is indicated. You need an exray of your lungs, if there is a spot on them, then.......................

Anna C
not necessarily, now if where you had the test done at is swelling that is something that you may want to have checked. Remember you should be going back to your doctor anyways to have it read. I think it is suppose to be read like 2-3 days after you have the test

P.s. have it check because early stages of TB can be treated.

gopher
Rating
If you have a bump that is larger than 5mm in diam. it may be a positive result...MAY. Otherwise it may just be irritated skin, and I would not worry, unless it does not go away. Does not sound like a Pos. TB to me though.

krdavis91
Rating
You need to have the test done first. Red bumps don't indicate you have TB. I'm assuming you had the test done, and that's why you're asking. You should go to your doctor for a follow-up after you've had the test done. There are also many reasons why you might have a false-positive result.

TweetyBird
Redness alone does not mean a positive result. This is a negative result. There must be an induration (raised bump) that is hard and surrounded by redness. If there is an induration, it will be measured. If it is 5mm or greater in diameter, it's considered a positive. But this doesn't necessarily mean that there is active TB or there has been exposure to TB. There are other conditions that can give a false-positive. Current therapy with prednisone, for example, can give a false-positive reading. If there's no existing and known condition to explain the false-positive, this would have to be followed up with a chest X-ray to confirm or deny active (requires a sputum culture) or past exposure.

If this were the case, no further testing is done. There will always be a postive reading. Chest X-rays will be done instead.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy