Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Hygiene question-are we all washing our hands enough?
are you concerned that many people simply disregard such a simple step like washing our hands more often can eradicate a good number of diseases ,or certainly lessen the spores?
Additional D...

Anti obesity vaccine ?
has anyone heard on the new anti obesity vaccine. does anyone know where i can get in california. I found out they do it in mexico but i cant find it here
Additional Details
If u don'...

Can u giv me sum risks and benifits of having children vaccinated against serious diseases?

Scabies how to get rid of it?

Can you give a dog anti biotic amoxylin for an infected injury?

I just got a vaccine for hepatitis a.i felt that the doc had a lil air in the syringe.is it harmful ?
i got it on my arm.
what could be the effects?
is it life threatning
symptoms?...

I took 2 sets of hep c shots, why did that not keep me from catching it?

HELP I've got an infectious disease....?
just been to the doc's and he said i've got impetigo been looking on the web and it says it could cause damage to your other organ if not treated for some time. I noticed it about 4-6 weeks ...

Hiv question?
This is for my buddy. He took an hiv test a and said he could feel somthing apart from the needles we got home and few hours later he start with the anxiety. my question is if a nurse is trying to ...

How long does a tuberculosis immunization last?

Does my husbamd need to be tested for Tuberculosis?
My husband was in Mexico this past week because his father died of the disease. He did not have contact with him but he was in contact with people that were around his father before his passing. Is ...

White bump sore throat?
how come sometimes when i get a really bad sore throat i get a small white bump in my throat? its always in the same place and not big and it only shows up for the bad sore ...

What can i do while im sick @ home?
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Ohhhhhhhhh Im feeling a little poorly do you think I might have foot and mouth disease?
I was breed in ...

What does it mean if one of your pupils is bigger than the other???
what does it mean if one of your pupils is bigger than the other???...

Discharge from eyes yello what is it?

About how long will it take for cold sores to go away?
How long with out medication....if it is too long what kind of medication?...

Should a 7 month old get a flu shot?

Can antibiotics and a pain killer help with ear infection?
(prescribed by doctor)my one year old daughter has developed a fever could it be the ear infection,what can i do to brighten up her up?...

What hurts more in a tetnus jab... The needle or the medication itself?
The needle

orr

Medication itself.

If medication what does it feel like?...

spellbound_wind_miko
Does ginger ale really help your throat when you're sick?
I'm not sure about it because it comes in a pop can so the last thing you should drink when you're sick is pop. And people tell me things like "don't drink milk when you're sick, drink some ginger ale." What does it do exactly?

nirvana_is_bliss
Rating
ginger ale helps your stomach but tea will help your throat

Loves Van Halen
Rating
Ginger Ale doesn't help a sore throat. If you have an upset stomach, it will help in settling it. Ginger is a root and it helps if you are nausea's and vomiting. That's why people say to drink it if you have an upset stomach.

purplegirl
Rating
Ginger is an anti-nausea remedy that is why ginger-ale is said to be good to drink when you are ill.

cute_kitty2828
It settles your stomach. I forgot the technical terms of it, but I know that it settles my stomach whenever I'm sick. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with your throat.

bettyboop
Rating
Ginger ale doesn't help a sore throat, but it doesn't hurt it either. Milk coats a throat, which isn't good when it is infected. Also, you would be better off gargling with salt water or listerine if your throat is sore.

thebat15
Rating
no, but it makes you feel better for a short time...

doctorevil64
Rating
Ginger ale does NOT help your throat when sick. Most ginger ales either have no real ginger or contain "natural flavor". From Wikipedia:

"Ginger ales come in two varieties: golden ginger ale and dry ginger ale. Golden ginger ale, dark colored and strong flavored, is the older style. today, in 2008, golden ginger ale is an uncommon, and usually regional, drink. Vernors, Blenheim, Chelmsford, and Red Rock are brands of golden ginger ale, while Canada Dry, Schweppes and Seagram's are major brands of dry ginger ale."

The golden ales (red rock, etc) will help but are not easy to find. However, real ginger WILL help you. You're best of just going by boiling real ginger in some water and drinking it.

charleeliz
Rating
if you put Alot of honey in tea it will clear your throat...trust me. my grandma would make my chow down a spoonfull of hunny to make the throat better!

it works so well!!!

kelahk
Rating
Ginger ale is for nausea. And yes, that helps. So do ginger snaps. It's not so much the tea for the sore throat, it's the honey you put in the tea, that makes it feel better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy