Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How badly do tetnus shots hurt?
I recently steped on a nail and i have to get a tetnus shot. I'm terrably afraid of shots and i was wondering on a scale from 1 to 10, ten being hurt the most , how bad does it hurt....

Everyone in my family has had the flu except me! How can I avoid getting sick?

Additional Details
My parents both got the vaccine, and they still got sick....

Why is there no cure for the common cold?

How do you get AIDS?
What are the cause of AIDS or HIV vuris....

What the heck does this mean?
carriers can shed contagious Salmonella bacteria in their stool or urine??? TEN points :)...

What can i do to boost my immune system?

My 5yr.old temp 101.8-102.9 fever and neck pain,limbs are sore. I noticed white dots on throat.viral?strep?
Doctor says via phone that this sounds viral and just alternate motrin/tylenol.........

Has anyone every gotten sick from eating moldy bread?

Should nurses be forced to change there uniforms before going home?
should nurses be forced to change there uniforms before going home ,as they walk around shops and supermarkets spreading diseases like mrsa , e-coli , typhoid , hepatitus , maybe its about time we ...

My b/f has a 101.5 fever shoud i take him to the hospital?

Additional Details
he started feelin sick yesterday.. hes achy, sore throat, very tired, and feels nauceouus. i'm not sure what to do (he has taken meds already)...

Does anyone know a good cure for the flu?

Help PLEASE?
my daughter has been complaining of a very sore head (she is 3) and has a temperature and has been vomiting,i have given her some calpol but she is still ill should i call the doc or see if she feels ...

On a scale of 1-10, how bad does a flu shot hurt?

My throat has been KILLING me for 2 days, how do i know if i need my tonsils out, or if i have strep throat?
it hurts pretty badly when i swallow! any remedies? please help!...

Is lyme disease fatal?

What is the best home remedy for a sore throat?

Is it possible for someone to get chicken pox twice?

Headlice problems?
what do you reccommend for getting rid of them, my daughter is always getting them from school, and to be quite honest im sick of it! tried nearly everything now, what do you use though?...

Can one contact HIV by kissing?

How do i deal with internal pains and gas?
i do get pains after ...

bobby D
Do you kill more germs washing your hands with warm water or cold water? does it matter?

Real
Water temperature doesn't matter, unless it's boiling hot water. What kills the germs is the soap, not the water. The water has germs in itself.

klassy
it really doesnt matter as long as you use something with it

Lindsey
doesn't matter, the soap is what does the trick.

Vanessa
warm water kills more germs. you should always wash your hands with soap and warm water.

Roxstar Barbie
Rating
Hot water. It's best to wash your hands with water that's the hottest it can be without causing any discomfort. And use a good soap that actually says on the bottle that it's anti-bacterial.

[L0V3D 0N3]
WARM

meeramasliza
warm water because germs like cold water

Kim
Cold water does nothing to kill germs, there's a reason they use burning hot water to wash things in restaurants. And soap DOES NOT KILL GERMS! So if you're using soap warm or cold water will not matter, soap only makes things come off your hands.

hypnotique_singe_botteur
Rating
very hot water so its the soap that counts.

lovetakescourage_madi
Rating
very hot water works better.

Kitty
Rating
I hear warm water is better but twice with about a 30 second sudsy scrub is pretty good if you don't have hot water.

Iain M
Good hot water kills most germs. Cold water kills none. Always use hot water. Traditional soap removes germs, not kill them. That's why we have antibacterial soap now.
Hot water and antibacterial soap all the way!

tx askerrrr
all you need to do is wash your hands really well with soap and water. if everywhere around us was germ free, our immune systems would be so unadapted that one environment with a few germs would make us sick.

plus, you don't kill germs. you wash them off...unless of course it's antibacterial soap.

b
Rating
Washing your hands physically removes germs....doesn't kill them unless you use an antimicrobial soap. Hand sanitizer won't work if you dont wash your hands first.

zazzoo
No, it does not matter over all. You do not require warm water to kill germs. Only soap, vigorous scrubbing and avoiding recontamination.

Emily
never thought of it, but i always use really warm water. Germ aren't going to die unless it is boiling though, so you could just put sanitizer on then wash them that will get them really clean and germ free

Kathan
Doesn't matter. There is e. coli on virtually every single thing you touch anyway. There already is enough good bacteria living on your skin that kill off the bad bacteria.

hih i
Rating
Hot

Older and Wiser
Rating
It doesn't matter because for the water to kill the germs, you need it to be scalding hot which would burn you. The reason you use warm water is because it breaks up particles on your skin better, opens your pores for deeper cleaning, and mixes better with the soap. So, in a sense, warm water allows the soap to do its job better.

Lullaby
Rating
Warm water that humans can tolerate does nothing more than cold water. Bacteria actually thrives in warmer climates...

suellenh
Rating
Studies have shown it doesn't matter if the water is hot or cold; what matters is the length of time spent rubbing the hands together under the water.

caroscal
Soap is way more effective at killing germs than water is. Water just rinses your hands whereas soap kills things.

In the end it doesn't really matter, it's actually very unhealthy to be ultra-hygenic because you have less natural resistance to diseases and things.

fatguyonalittlebike
Doesn't matter - the temperature you'd need to reach to actually kill any microorganisms would melt the skin off your bones.

josh
well considering boiling water kills germs, and freezing them preserves them.. id go with warm water

bimani22
My grandma always told me to wash your hands and dishes with hot water that way you know your getting them clean.

ilovemrkite
hottt water kills germs but its gotta be pretty hot

loser
When you wash your hands, you are actually "washing off" the microrganisms "germs" from your hands. It does not matter.

Warm, depending on the temperature can actually induced bacterial spores "bacteria in dormant state" to grow and divide.

To really kill bacteria, one has to go up to a temperature of 121 degrees C.

Cold water, on the other hand can slow down the activity of the bacteria.

If you want to kill bacteria, wash it with an antiseptic soap.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy