Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

The question is that the doctor gave my daughter a shot to stop vomiting cause of a virus. did you hear of it.

I think i have a UTI... can i take zithromax for it?
i discoverd that i have a UTI yesterday afternoon...
i really dispise going to the doctors, but i found some zithromax at home...its an antibiodic.... can it possibly help clearing up my uti?...

Is there a such thing as a kissing diesase?

My 9yr old daughter has had a headache for the last 3 days?
i have had her eyes tested and everything is ok i have also took her to the dentist to make sure everything is ok , she has no problems in her mouth the gp has told me it could be stress related and ...

I think Im catching a cold what do i do?
i feel like i feel, im not sick yet, but i hope i dont get sick. just in casue from personal experiences any tips how to prevent from catching the common cold virus gahhh! I cant catch a cold this ...

Survey: What do you consider contagious and easily spread?
(other than my ex-wife)
Additional Details
I don't know what clown is doing the TD, but there's no reason for it, turn off your computer and play with yourself....

What causes ring worm?

Okay last week I woke up and I had this greenish brown stuff growning on my leg and since then it has gotten..
even worse, curently today there is chunks of my skin missing and I don't know what to do! I have blood all over my leg and it burns alot. Each day it gets worse! I wanted to go to the doctor ...

Fleas, Headlice HELP!!?
Fleas, Headlice HELP!!?
A week ago we found a bug in my sisters hair, my mom checked her head but didn't find anymore but she had red ichy spots on her neck!! My mom thought that is was a ...

Why can your body fight off the flu virus, but not the HIV virus?

Is this a std?
i have red open blisters or sores that burn and it hurts while urinating and i have yellow discharge,and my urine is really dark and ...

I'm getting really scared about the 'bout the bird flu! How do I deal with it?
I'm afraid of the bird flu! My dad didn't help me any, by saying "Me and your mother aren't scared of it, so you don't have to be scared of it." Just because they aren&...

Pain killer for urinary tract infection?
It is about 2am and just woke up with a bad UTI. There is what I think is a lot of blood in my urine. Can I take pain killers?...

Is it true you drink alot of water you can beat this flu?
that already has ...

What should drink if I have the stomach flu?

Medical help plz! I cannot trust those I know?
If identified as case 3 the viral, how long does Meningitis take to kill? I've heard a few hours after unset is that correct? If so I'm gonna die in about 6 hours Tell my sister I'm ...

If a mosquito bites a person with aids then bites you, will you be infected?

In a bathroom which stall usually has the least germs?
and why?...

I am having left side facial numbness, pain under my ear into my jaw, no fever-any idea what is causing this?

Do I have pink eye?
I have all the symptoms - yellow mucus in eyes, eyes sealed shut in the mornings, eyes itch and feel like they have sand in them - EXCEPT, my eyes aren't red or pink. The whites are white like ...

melissa f
Can you get sick from being biten by a wild mouse?
My 9 year old just got bit in the back yard by a wild mouse. I washed it of but was not sure if I had to take her to the doctors or not.

Princess Jessica
Rating
yes you can you might have rabies

ToLazyToHaveAGoodName
if it had rabies ???????????????

sk8chik1300
call the vet, i got bit by a rat a coulple summers ago and they said skunks and rats dont carry rabies or diseases usually so just call and see if there's ne risk, but probably just a shot

m i c h e l l e
Rating
yes take her to the doctor becuz the mouse might have raibes or all kinds of diease and you dont want your child to get sick cuz if left untreated then it can become major

Lupin IV
You need to take them to the doc if the bite broke the skin.

Kid might have to get rabies shots.

'Barn
Rating
Yes, do take her to the doctor. If you can find the mouse even better. My neice got bit by a wild rat and luckily we were able to catch it. The doctor said had the rat tested positive for rabies she would have had to undergo shots. Had we not captured the rat she would have had to have the shots. Nothing to mess with - consult your physician now.

princess_anne_2009
Rating
take her to the doctors. the key word in your question is Wild. if your child is bitten by anything that is wild they need to see the doctor. Dont run the risk of losing your child by not taking her to the doctor. she might catch a deadly disease that could have been cured if you would have taken them in.

frustratedmum
Rating
Yes, she can get sick. There are shots for rabies and other things, but it is highly recommendable that she be seen emergently by a doctor, even if it means being taken to the ER. If there is any way to (safely) catch the mouse or call out the city animal control to do so, it is helpful for the doctors treating your daughter.

wellbeing
Rating
Is your 9 year old current on their tetanus shot? The mouse probably wasn't rabid, but you might want to take her/him in just in case and to get a tetanus shot if he/she needs one.

kevman0713
wild mice can get rabies which is uncurable as of yet. she definitely needs to see a doctor

Ladies man
Yeah you can get sick because you don't know were the little munchkin has been crawling.

k m
Rating
everyone seems to be talking rabies, but there are any number of infections a person can get from an animal bite. best bet is to see a medical professional to really clean that thing out and take any other prudent measures.

arthurhaglund
Rating
the danger is not from the physical injury of the bite, but the contaminants in the siliva and on the teeth/gums of the animal.
there is rabies treatment, do not worry.
GET YOUR child to a doctor ASAP!

metal_punk_love
Rating
You should take her to the doctors if you start to notice anything odd about her bite

SenCPhTVa
Rating
I am not a doctor, however I am a Certified Pharmacy Tech., and we get questions like this alot. It may or may not help, but if you've washed it out already, then that could have prevented alot of infection there. I do not have children, but if I were treating myself, I would apply something like a triple-antibiotic ointment the first day and watch for any swelling around the wound site. If there is red streakiness around the site, then the child may have a form of infection that would require oral antibiotics. Keep a check on any fever or cold or flu type symptoms for the next day or two. A doctor visit wouldn't hurt though just to be on the safe side...They would probably give an Rx (prescription) for an antibiotic as a preventative of infection. A good friend of mine got bit by a domesticated cat at a vet's office and had to get antibiotics anyways...Hope this helps!

lauren222222222
if you see any symptoms you might want to get it checked out

kmack
It couldn't hurt, no telling what disease they might be carrying.

?
you should take her to the docters because she could get rabbies and thats would mean she would have to get 9 inch needles in her stomach

Erica W
Well, I would think that getting bitten by any type of mouse could make u sick, so maybe you should go see a doctor about that bite!

Dani
Yes, if they have germs on them which I guess they would. See a doctor or something.

kansas8099
if the wound is superficial, just keep it clean and apply antibiotic ointment every 4 or so hours. I don't think going to a doc is necessary unless the bite becomes red, inflamed, more painful or you notice a strange discharge - these are symptoms that it's become infected and needs treatment.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy