Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Are young children generally unwell before they get chicken pox(its years since mine had it )cant remember?
there is an outbreak of chickenpox at playschool and my grandson is generally not to happy off his food and complainig of tummy ache
Additional Details
we dont immunize against chicken ...

Can u get HIV from swallowing some ones blood tahts has HIV??
can u get HIV from swallowing some ones blood thats has HIV??...

Hydrogen peroxide question?
ok im really hoping this isnt a stupid question but i was reading this thing about all the things you can do with hydrogen peroxide and i was just wondering if this statement is rediculious....
<...

What can u do to boost your immune system?
I work in a smoke filled bar, and I'm always getting sinus infections, I guess from all the smoke & germs. Is there anything I can do to boost my immune system so I won't be so likely ...

Osteoporosis?
feel bad in waist/hip part, hard to straight up, especially in morning time, had X-ray test, report says it's osteoporosis, doctor prescribed to take Forsamax + D and ask to take calcium in ...

What is sudimonus?

Do adults get lice?
My child has a small case of head lice and I was just wondering if adults usually get it? The reason I was wondering is bc I have known alot of pp whose small children had lice and they (the parents)...

Is it o.k to smoke after someone who has hep c ?

Why do Black people think all white people owned slaves ?
Are blacks really that ignorant of History ? Do they realize that only wealthy people owned slaves ? Do they realize that White Men got rid of the system of Slavery ? That has been around since the ...

Is Cephalexin 500MG okay for me to take for strep throat?
These were my wife's pills but she didn't finish them. She had shingles and the doctor percribed these pills for her. I just want to get better. Any knowledge?...

Can you give someone mono after having it two years ago?
so, i had mono about two years ago and my friend who i had kissed about two months ago just recently got it.. is it possible that i gave it to him?...

How can I get rid of my MRSA?
I've had 11 infections w/in the last year. It started when I was in the military still. It was quite an epidemic on the bases. I had never even heard of it 'til then. Since my initial ...

HELP. my friend shot me w/ a sewing needle. wasnt rusty... it bled n now 2 days l8er my neck is stiff n sore??
it may have been the way i slept but could it be tetanus...idk if my shots r up 2 d8?...

Should I get more antibiotics?
Last Friday I was diagnosed with a case of tonsilitis. I was prescripted AMOXICILAN for 5 days (3 tablets a day). I've never been prescribed antibiotics for that short of a duration. The ...

What do i do if I think I have west nile virus?
I have the symptoms but its been about 3 weeks since I had a bit. So do I have it or just the flu?...

How can you treat arthritis pain?

Can my son catch a disease or catch a sickness if I take him to the hospital?
My 2 yr old son for the past week has been sick with a vomiting and diarrhea virus. He hasn't vomited in 2 days and he barely has diarrhea right now which means he is just getting over it. My ...

Please help!!!is this urgent???
I am not sure if I have a bladder infection or appendicidas....if anyone ever had one of these what are the symptoms of the both of them???...

Transfer of germs.?
hi,
is it possible to catch a seriuos disease or illness if your skin touches a drink (tea, coffee, ) which has already been drunk by a person with an infecton e.g. hiv, aids etc

Which of the following measures is the best way to prevent infection?
A. Wearing gloves
B. Handwashing
C. Wearing face masks
D. Prophylactic ...

:)
Can you get hepatitis c if..?
someone has it and they put earrings in and you put them in after?

Lilly A
Rating
It's possible.

My mother has Hep C, and it's transfered through any fluids...
If she was bleeding and got blood on the earrings and you put them on and happened to have an open wound in your ear, you could get it, but it's unlikely,

jhcalgirl
Rating
No, not unless there was blood exchange, which is very unlikely

Jennifer R
Rating
You could if there was blood contact, infected ears, etc....

Jenn

David D, MD
Rating
no, but if you pierced your ears with their needle, then it is possible. Has to be blood to blood exchange.

aljea
Rating
YES!
Hepatitis C is very easy to catch and some people dont even know how they catch it. All it takes is a super small drop of blood that you do not even have to see and get into your body in any opening, be it a cut or any other natural opening (such as eyes).
However, this person would have to have Hepatitis C for you to catch it.

Stephanie
yes. it is possible. so those that stated it is, they are correct.
it is possible to get infections of the earlobe while wearing earrings, so if there were blood on the earring, and you placed the same earring in your earlobe and had an open wound or the lobes came infected, then yes, hcv can enter your bloodstream.
i'd say the risk extremely low, however, it still is a risk.
wear your own earrings and do not share them.

saphirehon
Hep C is contracted through blood to blood. The only way you can contract would be if the person with Hep C had infected ears and they were bleeding and then you with out cleaning them took them and put them in your ears that would also have to be infected and have open sores that the infected blood could get into.

SpringRose
Only if blood to blood contact was made during that process. If the person who has Hep C also has infected, bleeding ears and you do too, then yes, it is possible. However, if there is no blood exchange, there is no risk. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy