Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My son has a pus like sore on his leg not sure what it is maybe a infected sore. I have pictures .?

What does it mean when an HIV test result comes back as undetermined?

Other than, HIV,hep b, & hep c what othe illnesses caan be caused through drug abuse?

Why dont they give birds with bird flu lemsip and plenty of rest?

Have anyone heard of the disease Morgellans?
This disease is weeping the country and there's only one person who has a proven cure. Learn about it and protect yourself before it's too late....

If AIDS originated from African monkeys why was an African not the first to die of the disease?

My eye keeps on flinching. what do you think is wrong?
my eye started to flinch starting from three days ago.
it's not 'tic' or whatever you call it. (i think)
my eye doesn't blink rapidly it just suddenly ...flinches.

How do I make my parents think I have a fever?
So I sont have to go to school. I dont to fake puke, I just want them to think i have a fever. P...

What a meningitis shot feels like?

What is the worst way to die?
I mean including any violence. I say getting whipped in the face untill youre almost dead then being cooked, boiling in your own blood, feeling the pain....

What food cause Food Poisoning?

Chicken Pox just happens to white people? I never heard of Chinese person having it, are they more immune?

Additional Details
not being racist. It just happens to be fact each is more prone to some diseases than others. example anemia in orientals, cycle-cell anemia in black people, breast ...

Do you have ulcers???
I need to interview someone with ulcers for my project
Questions like how does it affect you, what treatment you are using ETC...

I think I have mono?
I hooked up with this girl about a mounth ago who claimed she was over her mono for mounths but just this week I have started expierincing all the symptons. Iv'e been very tired achy throats ...

I had a sandwich & when I was about to finish eating,I found a small hair in it..could cause any prob or AIDS?

My brother eats snow. Whill he get a disease?
My little is 13 and about 4 times a day after it snows he comes in with big salad bowls filled with snow that may or may be hours or days old. Can he infectious disease from this, even if a dog hasn&#...

How bizzar?

Can you die from this??
Ok..my best friend has a stomach ulcer...and I was just wanting to know if she could die from it? Cuz Im scared to death for her..and is there any thing she can do to help it.....

Is it possible to get another common cold after ive jus finished with one?
my sniffles have not gone yet and i started with cold last week wednesday however ive started with a sore throat again, has anyone else had this?...

How much does hand sanitizer cost?
How much does hand sanitizer cost? the biggest 1...

alanbradyie
Can you get Shingles Twice in your life.?
Can you get Shingles Twice in your life. My Mum has the Shingles at the moment and I was wondering if a can get it again if I have had it already???

Rebecca :)
Rating
i got them when i was 15. painful as heck. i was told no, but anything is possible. if they meet it could cause death.

Marilyn S
Yes! it can return over and over again for the rest of your life.anytime you become rundown or your immune system is weak.you would not catch it from your mom
remember to take your vitamins and drink your juice and plenty of rest to avoid future outbreaks.I hope she is feeling better soon.they can be very painful.

singlala
Rating
well its not contagious.. its just from having chicken pox as a child. there are germs left over in your body from the chicken pox and after a long time they start to grasp onto your nerves usually on one side of your body and i know it hurts pretty bad. so i dont think you can get it again.. it just depends on what happened to the germs i guess. go on www.ask.com or google.com and you should find all the info you need.
good luck hope i helped!!

menasha_rabinowitz
Rating
There is a new vaccine for Shingles and is recommended for older people (over 50). It will reduce the chance for the recurrence of the virus. Although not 100% eaffective it improves your chances considerably for avoiding the disease. Ask your MD about it.

Mrs. Mad Maddy
Rating
My doctor said you could.

shota-con
It is possible since the virus that causes Shingles (varicella zoster virus) remains in the body even after the signs and symptoms have disappeared.

Allen B
It was an old wife's tale that you could only contract shingles once, simply not true!

Fourcandles
Yes, in fact once you have had them, you always carry the virus.

qasarasara
yes you can

Ollie
Rating
Hi,I have had them once.You should ask your doctor.Hope your mam gets better soon.

Charlene
Rating
Anything is possible.

heyteach
Rating
Yes. "Shingles is caused by a reactivation of the dormant virus in the nerves of people who have previously had chickenpox. As as a result shingles can unfortunately occur more than once."
http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/shingles.html

You should be OK:
"It is not caught from contact with someone with shingles or with chickenpox."

You'd know if you'd had it. "Most people are surprised by how ill they feel with shingles. This seems out of proportion with the extent of the skin involved. There is a general debility and exhaustion, sometimes with aches and pains and sometimes a mild fever. Depression is often a feature of shingles, as in many other viruses. You may need up to three weeks off work."

hotdogsarefree
Rating
yes, shingles can strike at anytime .it is not limited ,to one time only.

Cathy T
Rating
Shingles is a reactivation of the same virus that causes chicken pox, "varicella zoster". So you can't "catch" singles from exposure to another person with chicken pox or shingles. You are likely to "catch" chicken pox as your first exposure, and then you may succumb to shingles at a later date.

It's the same principle as getting a cold sore - you catch the virus the first time, and it lurks away down in your cells (the salivary glands for cold sores (herpesvirus) and the nerve cells for varicella (chickenpox/shingles), then when you get a bit low physically (stressed, overtired, not eating right, some other illness) the virus reactivates and you get a new symptoms.

So the answer is yes, you can get shingles more than once, but you won't catch it from your mum.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy