Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can pulmonary tuberculosis kill you?

Are my tonsils infected?
my throat hurts its hard to swallow the cracks in my tonsils are pretty much all filled with white stuff a couple days ago i had a fever but thats done should i worry the doc or tough it out?...

What is the name given to the multiplication of bacteria i.e. the splitting of one bacterium into two, two int

Any tips on getting over a cold fast?
I have an awful cold, and I need to get better really soon so I can concetrate in class...I have finals coming up soon!

HELP!...

My cat sneezed into my mouth. should i go to the doctor?
my cat sneezed into my mouth. should i go to the doctor?...

What to do about Pink Eye?
I think I have pink eye (or some kind of infection) in one of my eyes. I am currently wearing glasses...do you think I should throw my current pair of contact lenses away? Would it be bad to wear ...

3 weeks after Chicken Pox Scars?
Hi all

Its been 3 weeks since i've had my Chicken Pox...and although the Pox have gone...i have red marks where they use to be on my face (forehead cheekbones)...do you know how long ...

Is it ok to kiss my pet rat?
Will i get sick, catch germs or anything bad if i kiss my rat???...

Is it bad to have white spots on my tonsils? it's just on one and it is a little swollen?
i had stroptococus about 2 monthst ago but went away then last week i went to the doc n he said that i was fine but now it hurts ...

Feel so sick please help?
i got a cold last night and today i feel SO rotten. I have a terrible sore throat, i am freezing i have no temperature, my face hurts, i have a runny nose and i just feel horrible, is this a bad ...

Cold or hot drinks when you have a sore throat coming on?
Ive always wondered this, always ate ice cream and its helped, but people say lemon hot water. I found hot makes you have a cough but cold makes you loose your voice... asked my doctor and he said ...

Ear infection!!!!!!?
my dad has has had an ear infecion for the past two weeks, the doctor said he had an infection in the middle hear and gave him some shots to take, they didnt work so we went to another doctor who ...

Scared to poo incase I have worms!?
I had them ONCE and now whenever I do poo, I feel terrified that they will be there again! Is this normal?? ...

What steps can I take to prevent catching a cold or flu?

I gave a girl oral last week,now i have a cold sore and a lump on my lip and a sore throat..coincedence or wot

Need help w/ a urinary tract infection.?
I have had a UTI for 4 days. I went to the doctor 3 days ago and he prescibed me with the generic form of Bactrim. Yesterday was my last day of taking the medication and although I feel better than I ...

How to get a common cold ??
Dont ask why, kan u give me easy tips to get the common cold quickly ??!!...

Good prevention to stop me getting the winter coughs and colds?
im already suffering sore throat and runny nmose dont want to feel rubbish for qhole of winter and i mild have asthma as ...

I have had a fever of 104.5 and have had it for 2 days.....what will bring it down?
Not really feeling that well :(...

White growth on my tonsil.?
i have a white growth on my right tonsil and it is about the size of my pinkie nail. I am freaking out about it! please help. i have a docters appointment tommorrow but cant wait.i tried poking it ...

tinkerbelle71
Can you be a carrier of shingles, if you live with someone who has it?
I went to the Dr. yesterday and found out I have shingles. My daughter wants to play with the neighbors kids. Can she be a carrier of the virus without actually having it? Or is it only contagous through me?

freedomnow1950
I would exercise caution if your daughter has not been vaccinated against chicken pox. Shingles is caused by the same virus. I really don't know if she could be a carrier, but if her immune system is strong, I imagine she could carry the virus without actually contracting it herself.

However, chicken pox in kids is usually pretty uneventful--except for the scratching. If she gets it, she gets it. You wouldn't be upset if she got exposed to chickenpox from someone at school, would you? These things happen. The good news is if she does contract the disease, she will probably have immunity from further exposure for life.

Shingles in adults is usually a result of a weakened or compromised immune system. Work with your doctor to determine the underlying cause.

Rada S
Shingles are caused by a virus called, "Herpes".

If your daughter was exposed to you,

you may want to wait a little bit to make sure she is not going to come down with them as Herpes in children= chicken pocks "highly contagious".

bcptm
Rating
~My husband is a contractor and he takes our 12 year old on the job with him at times. Billy isn't too good with a hammer, so Fred has him carry shingles all the time. It must be contagious, because at least 3 of Billy's friends want to go along with Billy and Fred.

Mannurse
Rating
Yes.

cheeky chic 379
Rating
No you cannot.
Shingles is a virus called Herpes Ozter, caused by chicken pox virus.
Unless someone comes in contact with the weeping sores, it cannot be transmitted from one person to another.

starting over
I think you need direct contact with a person with shingles and then the person may not get shingles, but they can get chicken pox

FloNightingGale
Shingles are the dormant virus of chicken pox...when you get chicken pox (as a child) then the virus of it lies dormant in our bodies..exposure to chicken pox or stressful situations can cause shingles..they follow the dermatones of the body..you can see shingles on the face and trunk of our bodies..only on half of the side..like one side of the face..around half of our body like under the breast and around to the back..this is treated with Acyclovir which is for Herpes but this called Herpes Zoster which is not a STD...these can be very painful and until crusted over can be contagious..see your doctor for a diagnosis and treatment and find out about exposing others..

purple
Rating
Shingles has been associated with ageing (the vast majority of cases are reported in people over 50 years of age), a weakened immune system, trauma, excessive sun exposure or chickenpox in children who are exposed either before birth or before 18 months of age. Contact with a child who is suffering from chickenpox may also be a cause.
This study also proved that a person with shingles can pass the virus to individuals who have never had chickenpox, but these individuals will develop chickenpox not shingles. A person with chickenpox cannot communicate shingles to someone else. In order for people to develop shingles they must already harbor the virus in their nervous system, and for those who do harbor the shingles virus, having contact with someone with chickenpox will not trigger shingles. Additionally, a person with shingles cannot communicate shingles to another individual

lesleyanne1965@verizon.net
Rating
no you cant it is called from chicken pocks and nerves seem to bring it out more you cant catch them from anyone my granny has it and they are not from they are very pain full

vanembryzoe
yes when my daughter was a new born I worked on a nursing home and when one of the patients got shingles I had to go home and take a shower and not even let her come in contact with my clothes in case they were contaminated. However, I believe if the children have had the vaccine for chicken pox or have had chicken pox they will be ok just talk to the parents.

cajunrescuemedic
Rating
No. Shingles is a viral infection that attacks the nerve endings. It is associated with chicken pox. Normally, a person will have shingles a total of 3 to 4 times in their lifetime, some have been more, some less. It can be very painful also, so if it becomes painful, then make sure you see a doctor for the appropriate pain medication. Best of luck to you.......

stascia
Rating
shingles is caused by the virus that causes chicken pox in young children. it lies dormant in the roots of your spinal cord after you have had chicken pox and can reinfect you later in life (during illness, stressful times, or just out of the blue) as an adult as shingles.

if your child has not had chicken pox or has not been vaccinated against chicken pox, you are contagious until the shingles scab over (in a similar fashion to the pox). as long as the shingles pustules are filled with fluid, she should not touch you, your sheets, clothing etc unless she has had chicken pox or the vaccination because she will contract the virus, only they will manifest in her as chicken pox, not as shingles. you may want to make sure her playmates have had chicken pox too before you let her play so that they dont contract it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy