Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible to contract HIV via Mouth-to-mouth?
I have a friend who just got a positive HIV test, and has been asked to go back for more to check it isn't false. She says she has always been faithful to her husband, and I don't doubt her....

When patients get a blood test, do hospitals routinely check it for HIV without a specific request?
just got my blood checked when i went in to the hospital for chest congestion, possible pnemonia.. just wondering if they probably screened for HIV?...

I have AIDS. What am I going to do?
What am I going to ...

Sore throat?
i have a sore throat and a date tommorrow is there anyway i can feel better for my ...

I accidently stepped on a nail?
I just stepped on a nail, it wasnt rusty and there is some blood on my floor. What should I do?...

My best friend has Hepatitis, she used my lip gloss, will i get it?
And we have shared straws when we go out to drink.

Will I get Hep from that?

What else can I do so I don't contract it?...

Is it possible for a person with cirrhosis and hep c to drink 2 beers a day?
what are the risks ,and possible benefit(if any)?
Additional Details
o.k. buddy just askin',can't get a buzz on 2 beers anyway....

If a mosquito drinks the blood of someone that has aids then flys off and finds another victim?
and bite that victim, would that person catch the aids?...

Strep thraot?
okay, i went to my grand parents yesterday and my thraoht hurt. so, my grandma got a small flashlight and looked at my thraoht. she said my tonsols had white balls on them and that the back of my ...

What if in a restaurant someone who has hiv spit in a tub of pepper sauce. would a non hiv person be infected?
i'm curious because a person said no because the stomach acid would kill the virus ??? really ...

What is cirrhosis of the liver?

AIDS decease: Is it specific to Humans? Or it affects or has affected the Animals too? Any research on this?

What is the best thing for a sore/raw throat?

Why do you all colds start out with a sore throat? why does this happen?
thank you! - ...

Can spit carry diseases and if so what kind?

Are hand sanitizers really as good as washing with soap and water?

Is influenza the same as the flu.?

What is the difference between infectious and non infectious diseases?

Chicken pox urgen question please help!!
Can a person who has been in contact with a child infected with chicken pox then transfer the virus onto someone else even thought they themselves have already had the virus as a child and are now ...

HELP!! need to get over a cold ?
i am getting better but want to be completely fine for my ...

(¯'·._.·Natasha♥·._....
Can conjunctivitis (pink eye) be transferred from a cat to a human?
My kitten recently had conjunctivitus, and I was the one taking care of her. Her's is gone now, and a couple days later I woke up with it!! I can't find information anywhere on the web about it being transferred to humans from animals. Is this possible?

Either way how do I get rid of it without going to the doctor?!?! I just started a new job and haven't got insurance yet. Your help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
Additional Details
And please... If you don't know the answer, what it is, or you're just stupid please don't make any rude comments, or make up any false answers... you people know who you are, grow up.

Beyond Mordant
YES check for OTC remedies

www.mayoclinic.com/health/pink-eye/DS0...

Tom C
Rating
well i dont think so. and your gonna need to go to the docter

OBAMA ALL THE WAY
that is bull.... you have to go to a doctor. it cant be transfered from animals to humans!!!

♥ Hamsters ♥
Rating
If you are like me, you probably have never had a cat with a cold, but cats with colds are fairly common.

How does a cat get a cold? The first thought that comes to mind is “can my cat catch my cold?”

The answer to that is no and “no” you cannot catch your cat’s cold. It is said that cold viruses are species-specific, which means pets and humans cannot pass a cold back and forth.

While we can (for the most part) “doctor” our colds with over-the-counter remedies, our cats cannot.

A cold is serious business for a cat and even more serious if you have a multiple cat household.

Oddly enough, your cat’s symptoms will be very similar to yours, sneezing, runny nose, coughing, wheezing and sometimes a mucous discharge either from its nose or mouth. It is also possible for your cat to have a breathing problem, cold sore type ulcers around it mouth and red teary eyes that have a discharge.

Cat colds are very contagious and interestingly, cats are more susceptible to colds in the summer time.

Where can your cat pick up a cold?

At a boarding kennel, the groomers, at your vets and if your cat is an indoor/outdoor cat, it can pick up the virus from any cat it encounters outside.

What can you do for your cat’s cold?

First of all do not try any human over-the-counter remedies. Usually a cat cold lasts just about as long as a human cold (7 to 10 days) and the cat will get over it just as we do.

Where it gets complicated is, if the viral infection travels to the lungs or bronchial area causing a lower respiratory infection or if a secondary bacterial infection occurs in the nose, mouth or eye area.

This is why at the first sign your cat is coming down with a cold, you should call your vet. This ounce of prevention can honestly save you many vet dollars, should the cold develop into something more serious.

Once a cat gets a respiratory infection it is possible that it will re-occur time and time again (like the proverbial bad penny.)

Another important thing to take under consideration is cats smell their food before they eat it. This is normal cat behavior and if your cat has a stuffy nose, it cannot smell its food.

What happens when a cat can’t smell its food?

The cat will not eat or even drink. The cat becomes dehydrated and starts using up its own fat stores for energy.

A cat needs to eat and drink (most canned cat food provides not only nutrition, but water,) the result of not eating can cause a condition known as hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver syndrome, which can be life threatening.

This is why, if your cat shows any sign of a cold or stops eating for any reason call your vet at once.

I can’t say this enough, that one simple phone call may save you many future vet dollars.

A cat’s cold can be a simple runny nose (wipe it with a warm wet washcloth, cats can’t blow) and require nothing more than some TLC from you, but check with your vet first.

There are two types of viruses that can cause a cat to have cold like symptoms, the first is felline herpesvirus (FHV) and feline calicivirus (FCV). Keep up all of your cat’s recommended vaccinations as the vaccine for FHV and FCV is given at regular intervals.

Keeping your cat indoors is truly the best way to protect your cat from being the recipient of “what is going around.”

Having a cat is an interesting experience. I have three at the present time and have had as many as six. Each cat is as individual as any person I have ever known. Personalities and temperament between cats is as different as night and day. I work very hard at trying to understand my three and as soon as I think I have it all figured out, they find some way to mess it all up. If you enjoyed this article please

this is the same for everything cats cannot catch ANYTHING from humans as they have differetn genes

misjackiex3
Rating
idk maybe?!?! whoaa that would be weird. but like i know you can get ringworm from pets so it could happen...?

jillamenda
Rating
http://alllinthis.blogspot.com
you can get much information in this website,kindly stay a minute in website and check anyone link at a time

gokouu
Rating
pink eye you HAVE to go to the doctor or else you will pass it on to everyone you meet- it is highly contagious and usually people don't even want you at work if you have it- the RX for pink eye is cheap, it is worth the trip if not for you, for everyone else, and no, you usually can not contract any disease from an animal because they have different diseases than us

KateWahlberg
Rating
No, there are only a few diseases which can be transferred from animals to human and pink eye is not one of them. This is a total coincidence.

Wash your hands a lot and get some over the counter eye drops. KEEP YOUR FINGERS OUT OF YOUR EYES. If should clear up within a few days.

Lonely in MCO
I don't know about getting it from the cat, I suppose it's possible. But, you need to go to the Dr. and get some antibiotics, it IS VERY contagious.

flicky
You can get conjunctivitis from a lot of things. It might just be freak coincidence!

Go along to your local pharmacy and show them your eye. They should be able to give you something to clear it up - chloramphenicol eye drops or something.

One word of warning, though - if you've been unlucky enough to get viral conjunctivitis, you'll have to go see a doctor to get some different eye drops. I know cos I got it - I had conjunctivitis that just didn't go away, no matter how much antibacterial stuff i was given. Eventually one doctor spotted it was viral, and I was given anti-inflammatory drops instead to control the redness while my body flushed out the virus.

mcblaber
You can get polysporin eyedrops at any pharmacy or drug store, they will most likely clear up your eye. It's very easy to deal with, I doubt you'll need to see a doctor like these other people are saying.

So don't worry.

And I have no idea about your cat.

hyrules_hope
Rating
From my wife standing over my shoulder.. (btw shes a Vet tech)

Diseases in 99% of cases cannot be transmitted from human to animal. (there are some obvious exceptions to this rule).. Pink eye is caused by a bacteria.. and in some cases has been to jump over..esepecially of you were applying the medicine to the kitten...
bacteria sux. good luck.. and im sure with some ointment you'll be fine in a few days time...

Feel Better ;)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy