Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

If you have a cold sore on your lip, does this mean you have full fledged infectious Herpes?
Does it certainly mean you have the contagious Herpes infection, or just a bacteria buildup?...

What is glangular fever?

How do i get rid of a sore throat?

Can i get my dog sick if i am sick with the flu?
can i get my dog sick if i have the flu?...

Can germs breed on a bar of soap?

Sore throat?
ok well ,y throat has hurt for 7-8days and i read that strep throat goes away 2-7 with or without treatment. my mom says it's strep throat but its not going away i'm sounding worse than ...

I am battleling lice on my 10 year old daughter for the past year..... i have tried it all......and every time
i have tried it all.....and every time she goes back to school she gets it again....over and over and the school nurse says that i didnt do the treatment right....and other parents are going ...

Is Hepatitus C contagious? please answer.?
Additional Details
thanksss everybody,
but its not for me,
my mom's boyfriends brother has it. and he was with my moms boyfriend today, and we were curious if he ...

Can I catch the chicken pox from some one with shingles.?
I am not immune to chicken pox, I was tested when I was pregnant and told I am not immune. My mom says I did have the chicken pox when I was little though. I am over 20 and know it can be quite bad ...

What is the function of the appendix and tonsils in the body?

If you have had meningitis, how did you know? I am a concerned I have it.?
I went to the doc Monday at 2 PM and they concluded I have the flu. I didnt think I had the flu so last night I went to the ER and they checked my blood, urine, and ran a CT scan of my head.They also ...

What to give cats with colds?
My cats all seem to have caught the cold theymare sneezeing and coughing can anybody ...

How can i get the flu?
i never had the flu and never missed school i just wanna get the flu anyone have any ...

How do I stop my HIV status completely?
I want to be free from HIV......

Please answer, this is scaring me...?
This is kind of gross, but it has me worried. Okay, so I started having this sore throat on saturday, and got tested for strep on monday night. It came up positive, so I have now had three doses of A...

Can an adult catch chicken pox?

How cold does it have to be before you can be sent home from work?
Is there a law that says you should be sent home from work if it is too cold to work?...

Can a person get AIDS from touching the excrement (poo) of an AIDS infected person?
My husband is a plumber and sometimes has to get his hands right there in with the excrement (gloves break easily). If he has an open cut on his hands, what are his chances of getting AIDS if the ...

Is the chicken pox vaccine safe?
i am 12 years old and have not had the chicken pox yet, should i get vaccinated? is it safe? answer please....

Is there seriously NO cure for HIV/AIDS? why?
I dont understand! why is there not a cure for HIV/AIDS? there is a cure for everything else! Isnt medicine made from plants? then why dont they just find a plant that will cure the hiv/aids? No ...

trixywantsmore
Can being out in the wind cause a baby to get an ear infection?

luminous
Rating
yes

Punkie Brewster
Rating
I think it most certainly does. Although I'm not a doctor, but then again...doctors always say you can't get a cold from weather change...I think that is false too. Either way I would definately take precautions to prevent it. I always do!

Caity Cassandra
yes..actually it can...sometimes when i am outside in the wind my ear starts to hurt..like shooting pains...

atlantagal
Rating
Yes, that is why I was always told when I was younger to wear hats because I was prone to ear infections. I eventually had to get tubes put into my ears....and they are NOT fun!

Swm 39 4 Younger Swf Forever
Rating
YES , MOST CERTAINLY THIS IS CALLED "PNEUMONIA " WEATHER WHICH MEANS ONE DAY WARM AND NEXT DAY COLD..AND WHEN AIR BLOWS IT CAN CAUSE A BABY TO DEVELOP A EAR INFECTION ..THAT'S WHY THEIR CALLED "EAR ACHES" ALSO LEADS TO EAR INFECTION EVENTUALLY!

LoneStarLou
Rating
My mother always thought so and thought mothers who didn't put hats on their kids were negligent. Its cold where we live so little ones ears need protection.

kim t
ear infections in children are usually due to sinus draining in the ears... like when the baby sleeps ... this is very painful, and requires medical attention.
im sure being in the wind can be aggrivating to the child... please seek medical attention, because an ear infection can cause a host of problems including hearing loss... i know this because i have had ear infections as a child and today, because of it (according to the pro doc.) i have lost the hearing in my left ear...
PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS FOR THE FUTURE SAKE OF YOUR CHILD... GOD BLESS YOU BOTH...

Petra
Rating
No, there are 2 types of ear infections. Bacterial and one caused by fluid. Wind cannot be a cause but it can aggravate an existing ear infection or cause a beginning ear infection to start hurting.

periellen38
Rating
Just being out in the wind will not give anyone an ear infection. To get an infection, there has to be a virus or bacteria present.

Stephanie
thank god the previous 4 answered this question cuz, like me, they got it right....well, for the most part....

now to give a little more perspective on the issue.....

when babies are out in the wind (hat or NO hat) their little noses get to running. since their sinus cavaties are pointed more down and towards the ear, the watery nose from being in the wind drain down into the ear canal throught the sinus cavaties..

it's nice and warm in the ear, this in turn can inhibit bacteria growth in which the ear drum will try to expell it through inflammation...the longer the fluid remains in the ear, the more problematic the situation becomes....

as for treatment nowdays...it's a wait and watch scenerio-however, many doctors will precribe an antihistamine which will help dry up the excess fluid. if this doesn't work, then it's time for antibiotics.

good luck!

Skeezix
Thank goodness the two people above me posted their answers.....they are the only correct responses here..

spookyoneseven
Rating
thank goodness the last 3 people answered cause they ARE the only correct answers on here, too.

JAN
Rating
.Wind can cause an ear ache from irritation. The infection would be secondary.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy