Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My neighbours keep chickens in their garden?
should I be calling environmental health
Additional Details
I live in a concrete jungle in East L...

Ebola and AIDS?
Does anyone else believe that Ebola and AIDS was created by the Soviet Union and /or the United States during the cold war. And thus was released into Africa to study the effects on a population of ...

What strengthens immune system?

Is there a way you can tell some one has HIV by a something in there body or something else??
not including the HIV ...

What causes the disease PARVO?

My friend has strep throat and we were sharing a drink all night and now I feel like I may be getting strep?
but I it doesnt hurt that bad yet. Would it be worth gonig to the doctor now or would they not even be able to tell until it gets worse?
Additional Details
..This was Thursday we shared ...

R u still gonna have turkey for christmas now it has bird flu?

Question about fever?
i have a fever 101F and it keeps on increasing and i am really cold from the inside so how do i get my fever to go down?
Additional Details
also i took some tylenol like an hour ago but ...

What is T.B. WHAT ARE THE EXERCISE HELPFUL TO CURE IT?

If you accidentally drank boric acid would you die painfully?
How long would does boric acid take to kill you....

How long will it be until you know you have the kissing disease?
A few days? Few weeks? Etc.
Additional Details
Yeah, I mean mononucleosis. Haha, sorry....

What is conjunctivitis?
I went to the doctors today, and they said i have conjunctivitis, and i have been wondering since, how did i actually get it? So, how do you get conjunctivitis??...

If someone vomits blood after being sick and is having dizziness, what could be the problem or sickness?

Is it true that colour blindness is a infectious disease?
Please try to answer this one, I can't seem to find on the net!!!...

Can you get aids if you drink or smoke after another person?

How do I know if I have malaria?

How to help prevent the spread of germs?
Back, to work in the School and sure enough I have a cold. How can I prevent spreading it to the rest of my family?...

Can you catch the same cold twice???
My partner had a cold which he gave to me. He got better and then a few days later when I was getting better he suddenly gets sick again. He told me that I have passed the cold back on to him. H...

Can u die from food poisioning?
just wanted to ...

My friend just got lyme disease..i think..?
are there over the counter antibiotics to treat this or do u have to go to the doctor?...

livin on the edge
Can air in a needle kill you?
like an iv or in your arm

WooleyBooley again
Supposedly it will act like a blood clot to your heart. So you saw that on CSI I think it was. Or Law & Order.

Seriously
Rating
yes , and if you are worried , and if there;s and air , you would have died by now

j_m_w2005
Rating
yes...it goes straight to your heart and then you'll die

Jeanna A
ONLY when injected directly into the blood stream. It will cause a clot and you will die. If it's just an ordinary intramuscular (muscle tissue), intradermal (just under the skin such as tb test), or subcutaneous (fatty tissue) it will not harm you.

yakkydoc
Rating
Yes, but it has to be about 20cc. 1 cc. will not harm you.

Digit
OH YES, The CIA used to inject air through the ear drum of people to kill them in their sleep, this was the best way to kill your objective, and it was hard every noticed in an autopsy..

emt_me911
Rating
A small amount or an air bubble will not harm you (such as in IV tubing).

If someone were to fill a 20 cc syringe with air and inject it into a vein, then yes, that would cause some problems. That is called an embolism.

Also, if air goes in with an IM, sub-q or transdermal injection, no harm would be done...you might not get the full dose of medication and it might hurt a little more but it would not kill you.

EMT

Jason
yes because the air bubble will go thru your blood and up to ur brain

CctbOh
Rating
yes

Vania J
Rating
yea. you can experience
in air bubble in your vein
which may causes blood clogs
and if not attented to asap....
possible death.

RayeKaye
It would have to be a large amount of air injected directly into a vessel to cause an air embolism. The small amount that is normally in a vaccine or any other shot (or IV) is normal and will not harm you.

Matt D
No that is one of those urban legends it will not harm you to have a little air in an IV.

viperbjw2
Rating
You would need enough air in the tube for one of the chambers in the heart to not have enough pressure to keep pumping, then you would die! Basicly you need about 3 feet of air that you can see before you have to start to worry.

rockergirl20032003
Embolism

A blood clot or other solid mass, or an air bubble, can be delivered into the circulation through an IV and end up blocking a vessel; this is called embolism. Peripheral IVs have a low risk of embolism, since large solid masses cannot travel through a narrow catheter, and it is nearly impossible to inject air through a peripheral IV at a dangerous rate. The risk is greater with a central IV.

Air bubbles of less than 30 milliliters generally dissolve into the circulation harmlessly. A larger amount of air, if delivered all at once, can cause life-threatening damage to pulmonary circulation, or, if extremely large (3-8 milliliters per kilogram of body weight), can stop the heart.

One reason veins are preferred over arteries for intravascular administration is because the flow will pass through the lungs before passing through the body. Air bubbles can leave the blood through the lungs. A patient with a heart defect causing a right-to-left shunt is vulnerable to embolism from smaller amounts of air.

Fatality by air embolism is vanishingly rare, in part because it is also difficult to diagnose.

thelma_layton
yes, you can get an air bubble in your blood

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy