Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Male boy of 20 months suffering from fever?
My 20 months male boy is suffering from fever (100 degree)from last one week. Doctors have advised (Ofloxin 250mg & Paracetamol 125mg with nimsulide 50mg) twice a day. He recovered from fever ...

What can these symptoms mean?
Yesterday I ate scrambled eggs with a coca-cola, after 5 hours I started feeling very weak, have nauseas, cold hands, terrible headache, fever of 100.4, and have had some Diarrhea. Now the second ...

Chornic Pink Eye Need Help!?
i've had pink eye since around september 27th, it started in my right eye but after about a month and a half it spread to my left. I've been through 3 doctors, 2 opthamologists (1 ...

I'm constantly exposed to physically sick persons on my job--how can I boost my immunity naturally?

Additional Details
Whitecloud: Can you recommend a website that explains more on this Chinese method?...

I have fever, cold, weight loss of 5 pounds in 3 days, mild sore thorat and difficulty in swallowing?
Waht are this symptoms? I have loose motion from morning. Are their any symptoms of any kind of Cancer?...

I catch a cold every am ... what can i do?

I have all symptoms of advanced Lyme disease, I tested negative so I am not getting treated i am severely ill?
what the Dr. has done is diagnosis me with fibromyalgia and is giving me oxycotin for the severe pain, but Im getting worse and more symptoms are appearing, I can no longer concentrate, I do not ...

Anyone heard of Cellulitis?

Can oral herpes be transferred to your wang and vice versa?

Sore throat? best answer 10 points!?
3 weeks ago i had severe tonsilitis. I had a week of amoxacillin and it didnt cure my throat. So then i had another week of amoxacillin. Out of the 21 i was required to take i missed 2 of them ...

Should we really be washing our hands LESS so our immune systems build up tolerances to the various bacteria?
Rather than washing with antibiotic soaps which in the long run just make the bugs stronger?...

What are the most deadly diseases?

How can I naturally get rid of chicken pox marks?

I was sick 2 days ago and I've been taking paracetamol... and going to a party tomorrow.is it okay if I drink?

How can you prevent apendix burst?

Why do i keep vomiting?
im not ...

Do you believe thimerosal from vaccines is the reason of autism?
Or one of the reasons ?
Why yes or why not?
Additional Details
They said they removed the thimerosal but they DID NOT . It is too cheap preservative and too profitable for ...

Is it me or does everyone have a cold right now?

How can I get rid of a fever?
My son has gastroenteritis. We've been to the doctor, but his temp wasn't high enough to treat. I've been giving him Tylenol because it's been getting up to 101+. But the Tylenol ...

If i have a dream about me dieing does that mean i will die soon??
does it mean i will die soon?? please im scared to death
Additional Details
come to think of it last night (when i had the dream) before i went to bed i watched a show where this one guy ...

Maria S
BCG vaccine and scarring. Can you get the jab anywhere but the arm?
Hello,
I work as a hospital locum in london and I have been against the BCG injection due to scarring. I am now informed because of bloody agency ways I have to have the BCG or discontinue my work. It is no longer standard to have BCGs in australia as it does not ensure 100% immunity.
I would like to know if the BCG can be injected anywhere other than the arm. I know they prefer the arm scar as an indication that the injection has been done, but immunity could also be tested by another manoux test.
If it has to be the arm, is there anything that can help with the swelling and all the pusssssssssssss? I don't want a scar.

Sana
might sound daft, but when I started my nursing course, I had to prove I'd had the BCG by showing the scar. Can't see why it couldn't be done in any usual injection site but some could be difficult if you are asked to show like this. Mantoux tests take time to come up.

With TB on the increase in the UK, especially in cities, my view is a small scar on your arm is a small price and it is fairly effective. When it comes up, leave well alone!! keep it dry the first few days and all that.

Vulture38
I have had two.

The Royal Navy did not believe that I had the first one (despite the scar), so I had to get another.

The scars are visible but my tattooist worked them into the knees of a woman I have tattooed on my arm.

Veronica Alicia
Rating
Hi Maria
I come from the age of smallpox vaccinations.
My mother had 4 of these, in a square on her upper arm. They left scars which were about 1/2" diameter
She hated them so much that she had mine done on my lower leg, so the scar is hardly noticeable. My friends were quite envious. I had my daughter's done her leg, too.
It costs nothing to ask.

Draconia
Rating
anywhere on the bloodline. i have a scar from mine, but it did go septic and ooze green pus for a few weeks.
since you are aware of it, is it true that the bcg tuburculosis vaccine programme for our children has been abolished and is this available privately?

yakkydoc
BCG can also be given in the thigh.

DF
I didn't get a scar, pus or swelling at all, you may be lucky too.

ScientistX
So longs it goes into your bloodstream I suppose it could be injected anywhere, say back of the knee? or anywhere you like. A phlebotanist will be able to advice where the best places are.

Mike T
Rating
Not every single BCG injection will leave a scar. Mine has healed completely without any mark, so don't worry too much! You may be one of the lucky ones who doesn't scar.

TweetyBird
In those countries that still utilize BCG vaccines, the scar on the arm from the injection given shortly after birth should still be there. If the agency prefers a booster be given, then I agree wth you that this could be handled in another way.

Ask your agency if they'd accept a Mantoux, titers or allow you to have the test in a place other than your arm. What about the back of the shoulder? It's fairly easy to access.

But if, in the end, it has to be given in your arm, it will be. You say you don't want a scar but you already know that the scar is the proof. You can't have it both ways.

Note to "scientistx": BCG isn't given intravenously and neither phlebotomy nor a phlebotomist is required.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy