Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How would you cure a viral infection, could antibiotics help, and what is the difference?

Additional Details
between a bacterial infection and a viral infection, doh!!!, sorry!...

Black death/bubonic plague?
Does anyone know why the Black Death doesn't spread today? Or, I guess it's the same thing as bubonic plague. People can still get it, so I don't understand why it doesn't become ...

Is their is the possibility of AIDS if HIV PERSONS BLOOD MIXED WITH FOOD AND SOME BODY HAVE THAT FOOD?

What is wrong with my boyfriend?
He has been sick for a week now. At first his head was hurting and he had fever. Then his throat started hurting and it still is hurting now. He also had a stomach ache and has been in bed all week. C...

Could there ever be an outbreak virus??
i was wondering if there could be an outbreak virus like in i am legend or 28 weeks later b/c it creeps me out that you would have to survive by yourself or with others but stayin protected and not ...

What do you think of the MMR jab?

Can being out in the wind cause a baby to get an ear infection?

Super bug?
my daughter really ill, spoke to doctor on the phone said probably this super bug going about, what exactly is it?
Additional Details
thanks everyone, she's 27 years old, i spoke to ...

If father is AIDS patient n the mother is not, then is their any chance that thier first daughter is effected?

When and if I should take my husband to the ER?
My husband came home from work today with stomach pain, all over body aches, and a little bit of a fever. Now, its later in the day, his fever is higher (about 101) and he's been throwing up. S...

This ain't for me aiight!?
if someone has hiv, and show symptoms yeah, would it show up on the test
Additional Details
This is for my friend ...he is worried that thoese ppl in kings college hospital std area are ...

My boyfriend has hepatitis B. i went down on him today w/o protection. should i be worried?
I think I am vaccinated but I am really not sure. How was the vaccination like? 1 shot and then another after 6 months? What if I only had the first shot? How do I know if I had the shot? How often ...

Why HIV is a worrying disease?
Why everyone is trying to control the spread of HIV if other diseases kill much more people than the virus?...

How do u get rid of a cold fast??
Ive had a cold all week and am going on a cruise starting saturday! Is there any way to kick this cold before then??...

Whether HIV+ transfers during mouth kissing?

Best medicine to figh cold/flu?
Hi all,
Im having cold/flu with all the Nausea. Whats the best meds? Im allergic to aspirin.....

I'm 204 and I'm always sick is this normal??

If you have a cold sore on your lip, does this mean you have full fledged infectious Herpes?
Does it certainly mean you have the contagious Herpes infection, or just a bacteria buildup?...

What is glangular fever?

How do i get rid of a sore throat?

missildine22
According to hearsay, peanut butter contains mouse droppings. Is this true?
I have heard for years that there is mouse droppings in peanut butter. I have been told that the manufacturers can not get all droppings out of the mix. Is there any documentation on this? Is it true?

Mr. Awesome
Rating
Of course not!Of course the U.S wouldn't let people sell things unless It's totally clean.Like water,it goes through a lot of cleaning before you can use or sell it.Same thing with Peanut Butter.

candy6979556
dam I hope not I love peanut butter

Yes it is true for CERTAIN brands of peanut butter. I heard Peter Pan was one of the brands that contain mouse droppings.

dingding
That doesn't even make sense...peanut butter is one of the simplest foods out there. It's pretty much peanuts, oil, sugar and salt. How would rat droppings even get in there? I could maybe believe that rumor about other things, but peanut butter? It's not even in Snopes, so the rumor can't be that popular.

livn4themin
Yes, and flour and wheat and cereal and beans and should I go on.
We're immune by now. Its only parts per 100 allowed.
HA>

kygrace
Rating
I don't think they allow too much! haha

singh007g
i doubt it man. dont think food health and safety regulations would allow this, do you?

amazingly intelligent
Rating
It is very likely. Here's a story to further disturb your appetite. I worked for a major food company as a secretary to the main buyer and seven account executives. They bought the base products for food that is produced and over-labeled (given the store brand names you are used to buying) by one manufacturer.
When I first arrived I was typing a letter to a spice company rejecting the several shipments of a particular spice because our lab had detected from random sampling too many: antheads, larva, and droppings. It specified a ppm (parts per million.) I asked the executive if he had meant to say that it contained that debris. He explained that the parts per million had an acceptable level per sample for all kinds of droppings and insect parts that might be in flours (wheat, rice) and spices. That it is impossible to process, bag, store, and ship these items without having these biological "by-products" present, but an acceptable level is present by each manufacturing company.
Moral: That's why we have fire (to cook food and kill bacteria) and immune systems.
So, yes, it wouldn't surprise me if you are eating a little poo with your peanutbutter. Makes you want to pass on the chunky kind, huh?

sweet
Rating
I've heard everything from droppings to hair to what ever else gets caught up in the manufacturing of peanut butter. You can't possibly keep a factory sterile. Eat up and be thankful you have a healthy and strong immune system. Just imagine what drops all over your vegetables. A lot of our veggies grow in the stuff. I'm not too concerned with it. I've been eating peanut butter since I could learn to chew and it's never hurt me. LOVE peanut butter.

☆BTriX☆
Rating
According to heresay, EVERYTHING has rat droppings in it.

Don't believe it until you see it for yourself.

dreadstar66
Rating
Unfortunately, almost every food that comes out of a factory has what the FDA has determineed to be an acceptable trace amount of feces in it. True stuff. But remember, it's a trace. it's nothing in the bigger picture. LOL.

alisongiggles
There is "foreign material" in most food, Chilax and stop thinking about it, they're talking micro-grams, not lumps.

If you're really freaked out though, don't by chunky.

bondservant70x7
Rating
I worked in a bakery once and I questioned such things. They told me they are allowed a certain number of rat droppings per 1,000,000. It is the same for all foods. The number is supposed to be so small as to not be harmful to the consumer. But, it didn't make me feel any better about it. I quit soon after that.
On a similar note: if you knew what went into hot dogs, you would never eat another one.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy