Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can i get pregnant from swallowing s p e r m?

Someone in my hostel has chicken pox. I have never had it. what should i do? can i get a vaccination now?
please help me.. im very scared tht i might catch it too ! :-(
though i did get a vaccination when i was young but im scared i might catch it again ,...

My friend drank from my water bottle and then found out he had an oral yeast infection, is it contagious?
I drank from it after him, and he found out the next day that he had it. He has diabetes so it was easy for him to get it, but i was wondering if im able to get it, and if so what should i do tog et ...

How do u cure a fever?

Tapeworms?
I am terrified of these.

Someone told me that they are a myth. Is this true or false?
Additional Details
Thanks Lady and CB.

I don't think (I am pretty much ...

Can you get Herpes from sharing a straw?

Additional Details
Not the cold sore kind....

What is swollen lympnodes under the armpit?

How many tetanus shots do we need and how often should we get them? Thanks in adveance! I need an answer ASAP!

Is this just flu?
I havent felt well in days, have had fever/chills/body aches, but what is troubling me is that though I have deep, dry cough, when I finally do cough something up, it is mostly bloody (not frothy) ...

I have heard that Hepatitis C is a silent disease, so when should I go for a hepatitis C test?
I have heard that Hepatitis C is a silent disease, so when should I go for a hepatitis C test? Please give me more information about it....

What is AIDS How to infect?

Can I get AIDS from a public toilet ?

Can you get tapeworm from eating raw ground beef?

Drinking Cranberry Juice for Bladder Infections?
On Saturday I could sense I was coming down with a bladder infection (sigh). I read that If you drink cranberry juice it can help the infection. So basically, i drank a LOT of cranberry juice and it ...

Parents...have you or will you vaccinate your child for Meningococcal Meningitis?
I don't know where everyone is from, but where I am from, they are advertising the Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine for school age children, and people going to college.

I have a 7 ...

Sweat and hiv possibility...?
hi, this qn may look stupid.. but factual answers are needed.
pls consider this scenario carefully.

a hiv+ person sat on the seat of a train (cushion). somehow his sweats containing ...

What is good gift for transplant patient in hospital?
I imagine says they have to be so careful of germs that plants are not allowed in their rooms. Any suggestions?...

Is strep throat same thing as mono ?
what is strep caused by
how do u get rid of it?(is it treatable?)
is it viral ?
is it gentic ?
how do u get it ?
what dose it do?
can u take med to prevent it ?...

Are vaccines really safe and effective?
I hear a lot of things saying that vaccines aren't effective and can be dangerous? My neighbors say their autistic child was normal until he received his vaccines. What do you think?...

Do i need a hepatitis A vaccine if im going Africa?
i have been told i should go have my jabs before i travel to Africa but ive also been told i should have one against hepatitis A. what is hepatitis A and how do you catch it?...

theartofsong
4 year old with fever and cough. help?
my daughter's doctor is away until monday. she has had an on and off dry cough and 101 fever since friday. she has no runny nose,throat pain, headache or any othe rsymtoms except perhaps loss of apetite, is in good spirits, playful and energetic.
i have been giving her the maximum safe dosage of vitamin c, vitamin d, vitamin e, lots of fluids, vicks vaport rub and twice gave her motrin to help her sleep.
i will see her doctor as soon as i can, and i don't want to take her to an emergency room because i have found in the past they are unpleasant, keep you waiting up to 8 hours and since she is comfortable and has been stable i don't want to put her through that.

can anyone who knows anything about this stuff tell me what she might have or how to get her fever to stay down and or aleveiate the cough?
Additional Details
thanx ofr the answers everyone. her fever went up to 102 this morning. i made an appointmenet with another doctor which i will somehow have to pay for out of pocket but i'll manage. i have been usuoing a vaporiser but it didn't help. my daughterr is allerghic to tylenol so just motrin for her.

tornadoman1955
you need to get the child to emergery room

finfan4002
use the Motrin when time again,cool bath will help. cool wash cloth after that .most likely ear infection. good luck

Lopez
I am not a dr. but a mom of 5 and I know how the er. goes from my visits and how horrible the waiting is and for what? Well the last time my 2yr old ran a fever till I got her in the dr we used tylenol and motrin. Are you using a vaperizor? I find it helps. Or take her to a bathroom and let her breathe the steam from a hot shower. Just be sure she stays away from the running shower!! Good luck with your angel I know it's scarry.

DorisTheGloris
Rating
Check WebMD.com...you can get some help from this website but not garenteed to be 100% accurate. Since she is energetic which is a healthy sign at her age, it is probably something minor, keep giving her lots of fluids so far keep checking her temperture, if there is any rise then you should have her checked by a doctor. Hope she gets well.

TweetyBird
I agree with Sean, the LPN. 101 isn't a temperature to be worried about and your daughter is holding her own. Keep up what you're already doing and give her pediatrician a call on Monday. You don't need to treat the dry, nonproductive cough but if you feel you must do something, give her Delsym cough suppressant according to the directions for her age.

Joe Paramedic
Sounds like you are doing everything right! You can give motrin and Tylenol at the same time, my son's fever would not stay down so our pediatrician told us to give both at the recommended times. Every 6 hours for Motrin and every 4 for Tylenol. However if she is in good spirits, I would leave her alone and treat her at night so that she could sleep. Keep up the good work. Merry Christmas!

Sean L.P.N
Rating
Here are a few notes.

If she is playful and in good spirits (take into consideration she is sick) then I would not be to worried.

*If the fever stays below the 103.5-104 range. If it gets that high, get to the ER. *
Keep her hydrated.
Wipe her down with a wet cloth, but nothing to cold. (this causes the blood vessels to constrict which hurts the situation)

You said it yourself, if she is comfortable and stable, no need for the ER. I understand mothers do not like to just sit around and watch their sick child, but there is very little else you can do (you have covered all the areas very well!) and take her to her Pediatrician tomorrow and she will be fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy