Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do you really feel about immunizations?
I have 6 children. The last two I have chosen not to vaccinate. I am very confused about the safety of immunizations and I work in the medical field. I know the importance of vaccinations in babies, ...

Is it safe for a pregnant woman to take care of a patient with HIV?

A question about rabies?
A domesticated dog my friend owns licked my skin near a small cut on my arm, It has been one week now. My friend assured me it was vaccined but I'm not taking chances.

My question is, ...

Can you die from a disease called MERSA???..it is an infectious?
disease that is RESISTANT TO normal antibiotics...My friend is getting treated 4 times per day interveinously....in the hospital with Ampicillian????...

Worried was positive on a ph urine stick? what does that mean?
i just posted the same questions but im desperate if im over reacting or not
i used labstix sticks just checking (there my sisters)
and on the ph one it was supposed to be yellowy orange (5....

I have 5 yrs baby & she always have throat infection what can be done to avoid the infection?
i have 5 yrs baby & she always have throat infection & fever whtat should be done so that it can be avoid bcoz she is not putting on weight becos of it....

If you have a flu, can you give someone a cold?
At work one of my coworkers acused me of causing her to have a cold when I was home tossing my cookies with a flu. Is it possible for me to give her a cold if I had a flu?...

Bladder Infection?UTI? What is done for this?
I have had pains in my lower abdomen and back, and when I go to the bathroom I have a really hard time going, not to mention I go constantly. I think I have a UTI or bladder infection. What ...

What is the "stomach bug" or "stomach flu", and how is it transmitted?

How big or how deep must a scratch be to get cat scratch fever?

If someone with hepatitis c has poison ivy and gives me the poison ivy can i get the hepatits c from them too?

Additional Details
I know hepatitis c is contagious, but I guess what im asking is can it be transfered through the poison ivy?...

I have a chest infection and cough up brown phlegm the docter asked me to provide a sample to send for tests?
what could this possably ...

How can someone know if they are HIV positive?

Hi does anyone know this my mom is in the S.I.C.U. for sepsis of the stomach what are her chances of survival?

Should you sweat out a high fever?

Could you tell me if there is a knowing cure for hepatitis C?
I've heard that there is a cure for Hepatitis C, someone told me that there is a series of shots for 6 months and also approximately 5 pills a day that is suppose to cure this disease, has any ...

How long after exposure to HIV would you test positive if you became infected?

What is the worst thing that could happen if one marries a partner with genetal herpes (mild symptoms experien

How to prevent getting a scar left by chicken pox ...?

At what point should a child be medicated for a fever?
If a child has a fever of 100.5-101.2, isn't it a better idea NOT to give a fever reducer? Isn't the temperature there for a reason? I was always under the impression that the body ...

hwmabire3
What's the best way to prevent getting a cold?
I work in a call center around about a hundred people. I recently got a head cold about two weeks ago, but it finally went away. Well, now here I am two weeks later, and I have a head AND chest cold! This is so unfair, but anyway. I'm just trying to figure out some ways to prevent this. I use hand sanitizer like crazy, I wash my hands a lot, and I get plenty of vitamin C...and yet I'm still getting sick! Any suggestions?

robert m
Rating
I don't know of anyway to avoid it but I take vitamins and find they
strenghten your amune system. I find colds and influenza starting and they seem to back off.

puz
Vitamins are what we in the nutriceutical field call "potty pills" or "expensive urine". Think about it...there is nothing found in nature containing 100 mgs of ascorbic acid, 100 mgs of B-6, 500 mgs of calcium lactate/gluconate, etc., especially in their isolated forms. Unless a company can produce research where their supplements are SPECIFICALLY credited (and not eluded to) and the data is placebo-controlled, double-blind, cross-over, peer-reviewed and then published in a prestigious medical or nutriceutical journal (e.g. Baylor College of Medicine, Georgetown University, American College of Cardiology, etc.), then it's nothing more than conjecture and hype - and oftentimes from some doctor who's "on the payroll". From a comparative standpoint, peruse www.RealJuicePlus.com Regardless of product specifics and the evidence surrounding the studies, you will thoroughly enjoy the education, especially the ability to download the MEDICAL ABSTRACTS!

"When we think about how much we know, we soon realize how much we don't know."

Bacteria Boy
Rating
There was a piece of research published a fewm months ago, and they found that reason people get more colds in the winter was due to a lack of vitamin D. You get vitamin D from sunlight. What they recomend is taking 3-4 times the RDA of vitamin D as soon as you start to feel ill that is apporximately 20ug (micro grams).

I have tried this twice now, and did not get ill. I do recomend it whole heartidly.

bmac
I've worked in a call center, too. Do you have your own set of headphones with microphone or do you use a telephone that other people also use? Don't touch your face---hand sanitizer or not, that is the fastest way to get germs---you touch something and then you touch your nose, eyes or mouth. Cold and flu viruses can live outside the human body for up to 2 weeks. Most viruses can't....but these DO.

Z
Rating
Come to work in one of those radiation suits... not only will it protect you from everyone,. but you can make faces at the people you hate and they won't know it.

quizzified
Rating
I have a pretty weak immune system, i guess. i can catch a cold and still be having it for a few months.
the best ways to prevent cold that i think is productive
1) taking more fruits and vegetables (especially oranges, i think they make me feel better after eating one)
2) try to sleep early in the night? some people catch colds often due to their late sleeping habits.
3) exercise regularly?

i hope these work.
though i think you must have heard them before
:)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy