Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What causes coldsores?
i get them more during the summer ...

Do you think a cure will be found within the next 20 years for viruses (flu, HIV, etc)?

Additional Details
Devils_i: I've seen it. Chilling.

Well, it looks like most people are skeptical about this, as I am. Bummer! :)...

Can my son get AIDS from drinking from the same glass as his step mother drank from?

Chicken pox?
My son has chicken pox.
My husband has never had chicken pox before but does get the odd herpes spot around the mouth when tired or stressed. Is he still at risk of catching chicken pox, they ...

How Can I Get Rid Of My Cold?
My sister got injections for hep B or something and she came down with a cold, and she's passed it onto me, and in a few days I have an oral presentation for English, and it counts for alot of ...

What could you possibly have when these are the symptoms?
-sore throat
-fever
-a rash down the back and buttocks
-cold sores in the mouth

any diagnosises are great!...

Can anything stop you getting the flu bug,thats going around?
especially when you have been around people that have it....

Which place is the best for leprosy?

What do you think?
ive had food poisoning before and have had the stomach flu several times as well. but what i have now i cant figure out. goin on 4 days now with severe diareah, i mean severe, first day i made 15 ...

Do anyone know if you can get hiv through saliva?
can you get hiv from smoking (cigarettes) after someone?
Additional Details
thanks everybody you all made me think about the situation very closely, and it helped alot. ...

Does HIV spread by mosquitos??
pleeaz answer ...

My husband has high fever, what should I do to help him?

The doctor said i have Jaundice! But i have been tested Hepa A B C negative. Is jaundice contagous?
I hd a hepatitis A 10 yrs ago and I hve been well. I hve no history of drinking alcohol, smoking, etc.Few months ago I had an LFT Test because a friend told me my eyes are so yellow and mybe i have J...

If you dont get treatment for hep what could happen?
I have hep c and thinking about not going through the treatment of shots and pills what is the worse that can happen?...

Did you know???
I saw on the health channel last night that there is a mutated gene from, scientists think, the survivors of the bubonic plague that prevents the people who have it from getting sick from most ...

Strep Throat Question?
My Doctor diagnosed me with strep throat on tuesday and said if i wasnt feeling better by thursday to call him. now, i am feeling a tiny bit better, i have been taking the antibiotics as directed, ...

I rarely (if ever) take antibiotics - benefit or not?
I understand antibiotics are becoming less effective as time moves on, with the potential for them to become virtually worthless in the (near?) future.

Is this for people who take them ...

â€śHepatitis B” Question please help.?
A friend and I were walking home last night when we came across a badly beaten man laying in a pool of blood; we called an ambulance and stayed and helped the man until the paramedics arrived.
I...

What is the solution to chronic ulcer ?
i have been suffer from ulcer for the past six years, taken different prescription and yet not ...

My wife is suffering from , nausea, vomiting., direaaha and fever, any suggestions?
All this after eating heavy spicey meal....

I ♥ My Zach
If you have a stomach virus and keep throwing up, what should you eat?
My British beau has a stomach virus and just keeps throwing up. He's wondering if he should eat soup, or what? He's thrown up the soup before. What's something likely to stay down or make him feel better..

serene.spirit4u
Rating
Plain toast and/or crackers, chicken broth, jello, popsicles. Ginger ale, Sprite or cola with most of the fizz stirred out. Be sure he gets enough liquid to prevent dehydration. All solid food should be avoided as long as he's vomiting. I hope he feels better soon. :)

Anita D
Rating
Crackers, and gingerale

Steve F
Clear liquids only. Jello, apple juice, water, chicken broth, etc...
Only two teaspoons every fifteen minutes. If that stays down, after an hour of that he can go up to two tablespoons every fifteen minutes. If that works, an ounce every fifteen minutes for a hour and so on.
If this doesn't work, he may need an antiemetic, from his physician. Have him call his surgery (I think in the UK) and see if his doc can help.
Once he graduates from the clear liquids for 24 hours, try the BRAT thing that others have mentioned.
Peace.

gapsusie
toast

Erica
Crackers, toasts and some 7-up or Sprite. Not to much though!

hernan-jacob@sbcglobal.net
Rating
a mixture of lemon juice little water some cheyanee chile and salt, or just a lemon by itself

sheloves_dablues
Rating
Try BRAT - easy on the stomach and filling enough to keep you going when you're sick.

Bananas
Rice
Apple Juice
Toast

mhale97
Rating
A Brat diet which is bannana, rice, applesauce and dry toast these thing having been proven to bulk up the stool and settle the stomach. Also water can be hard on the stomach if you have a virus

Nicole F
The general rule of thumb is a full liquid diet for the first 24 hours like: chicken broth then try to some tea, applesauce, rice, Popsicles Gatorade, sprite, 7-up jello is also good. But make sure that he gets plenty of liquids so he doesn't get dehydrated. NO DAIRY PRODUCTS!!!

kelly p
Really anything that he thinks will taste good. But it must be taken in small amounts. Extra hot or cold liquids could make it worse bc it jolts the tummy. Focus on liquids to prevent dehydration.

curious_One
sip 7up, gatorade, etc.

if he feels like eating...

do the BRAT diet... bananas, rice, apples, and toast

all plain, nothing on them.

Boo
My mama always said, Feed a Cold, Starve a Flu. Tell him not to eat for awhile, drink fluids.

Deluca - Anti Jonas FANS
Rating
From personal history nothing will stay down for me, except Popsicles and saltines. Popsicles are good because you get very dehydrated when you have the flu and you don't want to chug water because it will come right back up. Unfortunately if he is like me (which would be weird lol) he's going to have to wait until the bug is out of his system before really eating.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy