Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why does my heart race every time I try to go to sleep?
Every day when I lie down in bed and try to get to sleep, my heart starts racing and I can't get to sleep, and end up lying there for about a half hour to an hour before I can actually go to ...

My son got heart murmur with shortness of breath only two anyone elses had same trouble?
he has loss of appetite and sleeping most of day and all night been to childrens for chest xray and waiting for peadiatrics appointment has anyone elses child experience this only found murmur last ...

Heart Help?
1. What is an infarcted area?
2. The pressure on arteries during contraction is called?
3. The heart muscle is surrounded by?
4. A misfiring of the heart by its electrical system is ...

Is a blood presure of 110/73 ok or is that low ?????

What is high chlorestrol in measurement terms and how can I prevent it and reduce it.?
I am slim build, work out, not overweight, eat sensibly, have low blood pressure and my chlorestrol was 7.3 at the last test. and the doctor has suggested statins. As I prefer hoemoepathic remedies, I...

How can i lower my cholesterol?
i'm 18 and i have my choleterol level of 225. i have like an insane eating habits and like one week i eat heathly and the next eat like a pig. i want to start eating oatmeal yet a very skinny ...

Doctor said,yesterday, I have an Aneurysm on a heart valve,he is getting me an appointment with a cardiologist
This is Sunday .I should get appointment to heart doctor tomorrow,Mon. I am scheaduled for cosmetic surgery Wed. Can I have surgery and be put to sleepwith an Aneurysm on heart valve? How dangerous ...

I woke up this morning and my left arm was paralyzed for about 10 minutes then went back to normal?
This has happened about 6 times now .also have had a heart attack 1 year ago with 100% blockage was repaired with 2 stents didn't know if that has something to do with my arm or could be ...

Lowering Cholesterol?
I am 24 years old and my doctor did simple blood work on me. I received my results to find out that my triglycerides are 463 (so high they couldn't determine my bad cholesterol) and my good ...

Is it possible to actually reverse coronary artery disease through diet?
I've heard that eating certain foods can actually reverse the effects of heart and coronary artery disease, such as plaque buildup, hardening of the arteries, etc. Is this true? How much of a ...

Normal blood pressure?
today my blood pressure is 112/66,
the average over the last 5 days 118/73
is this normal?

i'm 21 yr old male, ~220lbs (if this info matters)
Additional Details

Congestive Heart Failure question.......?
I don't have it - but I work in a hospital (not medical personnel obviously) so I'm really curious. If your heart fails, you die. A LOT OF PEOPLE are diagnosed with Congestive Heart F...

Coronory heart surgery..my dad needs it...?
Is have coronery heart surgery for someone who has blocked arteries..Is the surgery take long and how long will it take for patient to go home and recover.....

Could an aortic aneurysm have been prevented in 1955?

Doctor told me that I have systolic murmur with my heart. Can somebody explain me about this ?

Is it good to take tomato juice for hypertension?
my husband got a highest bp of about 160/80 taken with his medical this afternoon and his very hungry that time. this is the first time coz i always kept on monitoring his bp and the highest i got is ...

Anxiety and heart help....?
I suffer from anxiety attacks. I have full blown panic/anxiety attacks about once or twice a week. However i have a constant feeling of worry and un-easyness. I am not depressed. I have seen a doctor ...

What can i do to lower my cholesterol??
I just got a 207 score. I am in my early 40's and am relatively healthy.
Additional Details
Jane you are an idiot and i dont need or appreciate you disparaging comments. I am ...

Is heart valve disease really dangerous for a 15 year old?

I now have very high cholesterol as well as high blood pressure and depression. Any tips please?
The combination of these and being overweight a bit and a family history worry me in preparing any sort of plan. I have medication for all 3. I care a lot about action....

moodymom1
Why is my blood pressure 160 over 102 when i am healthy and never had high blood pressure before ?

Tim Br
Rating
Saturated fat is the main dietary cause of high blood cholesterol. Saturated fat is found mostly in foods from animals and some plants. Foods from animals include beef, beef fat, veal, lamb, pork, lard, poultry fat, butter, cream, milk, cheeses and other dairy products made from whole and 2 percent milk. All of these foods also contain dietary cholesterol. Foods from plants that contain saturated fat include coconut, coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil (often called tropical oils), and cocoa butter.
High cholesterol causes high blood pressure. The best thing for high cholesterol is Losing weight. A plant-based diet in conjunction with a properly conducted fast most often leads to a total recovery or a vast improvement in hypertension and angina.

legend
1 it can be hereditary

Debbie V
Idk, but 160/102 is definitely NOT safe. You need to lose weight, cut out salt and begin an exercise regimen, or you need to take meds from your dr. High blood pressure can destroy lots of organs, not the least of which is your eyesight. You could have a stroke if your pressure gets too high.

You aren't healthy anymore. You have high blood pressure. Behave accordingly.

TX Mom
HBP 8 years

Kathleen99
Rating
If your blood pressure is 160/102, you're not healthy!! Is your doctor aware of this? That 102 number is very dangerous. There is a number of things that can cause HBP - stress, poor diet etc.... dont sit on this!

ann n
One factor no one has told you about is the fact that if your stress level is up it can affect your blood pressure. You need to check with your family doctor and share all the factors about your life. The doctor will then look to see if there is something that is causing your blood pressure to change.

Menthoids
There are loads of types of high blood pressure - read on....

Primary hypertension:

More than 9 in 10 people with high blood pressure have what's called 'primary' or 'essential hypertension'. This means that there's no single clear cause of it.

Although the exact cause of high blood pressure isn't fully understood, it's known that some factors to do with your lifestyle can contribute. These include:

* smoking
* your family history
* obesity (being very overweight)
* drinking a lot of alcohol - especially if you binge drink
* a lack of exercise
* your diet

Secondary hypertension:

Around 5 in 10 people with high blood pressure have 'secondary hypertension'. This means your condition can be linked to a recognised cause - in fact, it may be a symptom of another underlying disease or factor such as:

* kidney disease
* endocrine disease
* narrowing of the aorta
* steroid medicines
* the contraceptive pill
* pregnancy, which can cause pre-eclampsia

So there you go.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy