Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My blood pressure is 117 over 77 do you think this is low and what should i do?

I think my Husbands Blood Pressure is very low.?
Systolic-10 Diastolic-73.Is there anything they can do for this....

What are the natural ways to reduce cholesterol?

If my blood pressure is 161/100 pulse87 should I be concerned?

I have PREMATURE VENTRICULAR CONTRACTIONS (skipped heart beats) . . .?
I have been told to cut down on drinking caffiene (or even to eliminate it from my diet).

What I would like to know:

Has anyone else had this problem, or knows of someone who ...

Arent you suprised that Cheney keeps surviving his heart troubles?
Ive heard recently that he have had 4 heart attacks, bypass surgery and somemore stuff. He must have very good doctors, or his heart is determined not to go down. He must have a very good rare heart ...

Why am i so tired and drained?

What are the signs of a heart attack?

HOW CAN I LOWER MY BLOOD PRESSURE?
Im 22 years old, 6'2" tall i weigh 228 lbs . and my blood pressure is between 135-158 over 90-100. please help me.

PLEASE NO MEDICATIONS.
i HAVE ALREADY BEEN TO THE DOCTORS!...

My baby brother died an hour after birth.how can i get over his death?i keep tinking about that.?

Does anyone know why I'm not allowed to donate blood?
I'm nitrate dependant, and have been deferred from donating blood. I'm just curious as to why a person on nitro cannot donate. I was told that I'd have to go 3 months without nitro to ...

What is wrong and what will doctors do?
Earlier today my mom went to the emergancy room for heart and pain in her arms. I looked on WebMD for anwers and they said it might have been a sign of a heart attack my dad just called me and said ...

Most of the times my heartbeat become very fast?
I am 24 years old ,and feel very restless whenever i m in that conditon?what do u suggest y I have speedy ...

Could u have a heart attack wihtout realizing it?
and if you did have a heart attack without realizing it what would happen to you over the weeks and months? are you more likley to get anohter one if you never got help for the first one?...

Doctors Are Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
see i had pains in my chest and at the same time i have a heart problem with my valves when i seen the doctors and told him about these pains he said they were nothing my heart was below mild which i ...

Diabetic patient can go to gym?
i heared diabetic patirnt never got to gym fitness center

they will face heart problem is it ...

Why can't animals get heart attacks, but people do?

Additional Details
A book by Dr. Mattias makes such claims, but I wanted to get some objective resources....

Is it true that you can stop a heart attack by coughing?

Blood pressure question?
I went to the doctor and she took my blood pressure.. it was 120/85 is that normal?
Additional Details
I am 23. I walk about 2 miles a day and take garlic ...

I've pain in my chest and I can't breath well and I fell tired if I do any physical activity,is it a proplem?

keeley
When and why is warfarin prescribed?

Dee L
Rating
It is an artifical form of vitamin K and is used to prevent thrombosis (blood clotting) it is given to anyone who has had a blood clot so is often prescribed to heart attack patients.

cinderella
Rating
we have factor five in our family and have to have warfarin it thins the blood out so it dont clot.. this makes it easy to recieve bruises even from the smallest knocks and if a warfarin taker get a cut they may need hospital treatment as the blood dont clot to heal the wound... if an operation is needed the patient would normaly have to come off of the warfarin in order to have it as the chances of them bleeding to death are greatly increased...... i hope this helps...lolxx

Royal1
It thins the blood when you have a blood clot

silverboy
Rating
Go on any web site and ask for warfarin.
It is a blood thinner.

michael G
Rating
Blood thinner. Helps prevent clotting after surgery, for dialysis patients, and sometimes used instead of Plavix after angioplasty.

Dr Frank
Rating
Warfarin is an anticoagulant. If is prescribed either to prevent clots forming in patients at risk, i.e. with heart rhythm or valve problems, or to allow the body to remove pre-existing clots, such as deep vein thrombosis. It does not in itself dissolve clot.

hms jollies
warfarin is given to heart attack victims to thin the blood so the risk of the blood clotting is less copuilgin is a form of it and is given 1/4 hours after heart attack to less in the chance of a blood clot getting stuck in the heart

Paddy
I have been on warfarin since 1998 for heart problems and to prevent further strokes, it is mainly to prevent more stokes due to blood clots forming in your body. I have never had any obvious side effects and no problems with cuts healing. I have blood test regularly to measure INR (whatever that is) which ideally read 2.5. Whenever I take any other medication that may also effect the reading I am told to have a blood test, but the effects compared to warfarin are always found to be minimal. I never have any bruising although I know people who have. Some consultants refer to wafarine as rat poison.

dee t
a friend of mine had a blood clot on her lung....she was prescribed warfarin for that

Terry J
warfarin is an anticoagulant given to patients to prevent premature clotting from taking place inside the body. These clots could cause eschemic (stopping blood flow) events in the heart, lungs, and brain. It is given to cardiac risk patients, post stroke patients, patients with various heart conditions, and etc. It may be given in conjunction with other similar drugs like aspirin.

hope this helps.

Manda
It's primarily used to prevent thrombosis in veins and to prevent clot formation in arteries. It's used to manage a heart attack: decreasing the risk of death, decreasing the risk of subsequent heart attack, and decreases the risk of future thromboembolic events.

there may be other uses such in after different surgeries but I dont know about the specifics right now.

it doesn't actually dissolve clots but it prevents your body from forming them

Pleasant Peter Perkins
Rating
It is an anti-coagulant that inhibits the clotting of blood. It is most commonly used when a patient is suspected of having and embolism.

SHARON P
Rating
Warfarin is an anti coagulant, it stops the blood from clotting. It is prescribed to patients that have had a clot, pehaps in the heart (causing a heart attack), a stroke or a pulmonary embolus (clot in the lungs). If you are unsure why this medicine has been prescibed, see your G.P.

B
warfarin is commonly called a 'blood thinner.' it is prescribed to prevent the formation of blood clots. people who are at risk for forming clots (sedentary, history of clots, atrial fibrillation) are generally prescribed warfarin to help reduce the risk of forming clots to prevent pulmonary emboli or strokes.

pnybt
this will tell you everything

I have a name now
Rating
my mum has it as she has an irregular heart beat and a enlarged heart she has to take warfarin to thin the blood and help stop a blood clot,warfarin also called/used as rats poison...

starlet108
Rating
Its used in any case where the blood needs to be thinned out. Alot of the time its when people have heart problems xx

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy