Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible to have someone literally break your heart?
Like, when you're heartbroken is there any evidence that this could actually cause heart problems, or health problems?...

Symptoms of Racing heart, sweating, anxiety, pressure in my chest?
For a few months now, my heart has been racing and for no apparent reason. I went to the ER last month 3 times thinking I was having a heart attack. These "attacks" mainly only happen at ...

My pulse is between 54-56 and I have high blood pressure. Is there a connection? Is it bad to have sucha low?

Is it bad to take my obese father to Hardee's?
He really wants to go. But, he is very fat and does
not need to be eating that type of fast food.

I am taking him there this time, I guess.

Is this enabling a fat person to ...

Does eating a meal raise blood pressure?

Heart attacks?
are heart attacks common in younger people(20's)...

If your heart is beating fast does that mean your metabolism is also going fast?

Heart Disease Question, Please, I need it?
Someone in my family has a heart disease. It doesn't seem to seriouse but she feels pressure when breathing and she seems to get tired a lot and very frequently. She has low blood pressure and ...

How can a person have low good chelostorl?

Why do you have low potassium levels?

Heart Pain?
This has been going on for about 3 years now, I get this weird heart pain and my heart starts beating really fast. This only last about 30 seconds but it scares me so much. When this happens I can...

What causes sudden, rapid heart beat, even in your sleep..??
When I am sitting or even sleeping in the bed. My heart beat starts to go up. I have to struggle to keep my breathing up to so I don't faint. I have not fainted but I feel light headed. Just ...

Can chest-colds cause heart palpitations?
i've had slight shortness of breath for about a month.. it gets worse in the evening.. and its been accompained by being able to feel my heart beating. (its really.. "strong"). i cough ...

My heart suddenly beat REAL HARD twice and went back to normal?
When I was going to campus I was walking up stairs it was 6:30 AM. As I walked my heart suddenly beat hard two times about, then suddenly everything was fine. It was enough to make me stop and put my ...

Heart murmurs?
I recently got diagnosed with one and waiting for my echocardiogram results to come in. I want to know how people can get them, and what can make the murmur worse? I'm really worried.
A...

Is my blood pressure high enough for me to worry?
I am one beta blockers (low dose) and usually my average BP would be 120/80 sometimes lower. I checked it a month ago and it was around 117/79, well now it is at around 132/85 and its been staying in ...

What is high blood pressure?
i can hear a whooshing sound in my ears to the rhythmn of my heart beat during the day it comes and goes but is getting more frequent. i am definately sure its high blood pressure. can this come and ...

I have a heart murmur help!!?
so apparently every since i was born i've had a heart murmur and i just found out about it and im not sure what it is and if its bad or like gonna make me die and im kinda scared btw im 16 idk ...

Are in store blood pressure machines accurate?
Over the past month or so, I've probably had my blood pressure checked 4 times by various doctors for various purposes. Out of those four doctors, only one mentioned that my blood pressure was ...

Why is high blood pressure a health concern?

Jenny
What tests do cardiologists do?
I am going to the cardiologist soon and I don't know what they are going to do to me. Does anyone know the tests that they usually do?
Additional Details
sorry i accidently posted the question twice. my stupid computer!

leonard s
Rating
they will remove your heart and eat it in front of you, sorry
they will do blood tests and a stress test(there are several types, matters on who you are) they will take your blood pressure siting, lying down and standing.

marie a
Rating
It depends on the severity of what's going on with you. They may do an ekg, a treadmill stress test ,a test where they run a wire through your groin into your heart to check for blockage, or they may take pictures of your heart before and after injecting dye. Good Luck!

kyra k
stress test(monitor heart while running on treadmill-its actually kinda fun!).ecg,also called ekg-electrodes on chest check heart rhythmn.those are the most common.if problems are foud on either of those tests,next step includes possibly,ultrasound of heart.halter monitor(take home,monitors heart rhythmn several days).angiogram.cat scan of heart.

Mike G
Rating
Hopefully they did the SATs, medical boards, and any qualifying exams needed to become a cardiologist.

cornbread_oracle
Rating
Chest X rays

ECG (Electrocardiogram) -- you lie on the table and they put little gel tabs all over you with wires attached. A quick run of your heart rhythm is put on a computer and may print out. The gel tabs come off easily, but don't wear too much lotion or they won't stick.

Echo (echocardiogram) -- basically an ultrasound of the chest cavity. The worst part of this is the horrid goopy gel they smear all over your chest and the pressure of the tool they run all over your chest to get the reading. The cool thing is that you get to see the pictures on the TV while the cardiologist explains everything to you.

Stress test -- they hook you up to a heart monitor and have you run on a treadmill. They may ask you to do push a little, just to measure what your heart can handle, but they won't work you like you've hired a personal trainer.

Holter monitor -- a portable heart monitor that you wear home and sleep in, keeping a log of everything you do for 24 hrs. This lets your cardiologist know how your heart functions in your everday life. You can drop it off with an the office the next day or in some cases mail it back via their pre-arranged courier service.

Arteriogram -- usually a prescheduled out-patient surgery, very minor. They go into an artery between the groin and abdomen. The incision is very small -- dont' worry; it will only feel a little tender. They insert a catheter into the artery, usually with a dye or a camera that helps them look at and test the arterial blockage. Sometimes if they find blockage they can go ahead and expand the artery with a balloon. Occasionally a stint is placed in the artery to hold the widened position. You won't have this test done in the office that day, however. Technically, it's a surgery and you may not even need it anyway.

Good luck!

Sharel H
ECG's, Echos, it depends on the problem. Unless it's serious and requires immediate aid then you don't really have to worry that it will be invasive.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy