Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

If I have a lot of pressure in my chest and my heart has been palipitating frequently what could this be?
Help! I dont know if I should leave work and go in, or what i should do? Any medical experts?...

Can chewing tobacco cause a stroke?

High blood pressure?
Im 33 years old , i have hashimoto's disease (thyroid diseas), my dr just called me and said that I need to up my dosage because my bp was when I was in Friday my bp was 140/ 74, I was upset ...

When i sleep or rest my heart beat is low as 55 ,is it normal or no?

I have questions about irregular heart beatings and some pain?
i know that sometimes, the body has random pains or sores, but its nothing serious. but, i've been having some heart pains. i dont think its anything serious, but the pain will randomly come. ...

Does anyone know of or have Subacute Bacterial Endocarditis or SBE? Or maybe Marfan's Syndrome?
I am currently going through tests to discover if I have one or the other. If you are living with either, how do you treat and live with them?...

Can anybody Explain to me what it is like to have a pacemaker?
What should I expect? I am 15 years old and Really nervous any input would be really helpful
Additional Details
I am 15 my docter explained what it is i have already had open heart ...

Can chest pain or angina pain cause 'gas' discomfort?
I know that 'gas' can cause similar chest pain like angina, but can it be the other way round - can angina pain or chest pain cause 'gas' in the chest region, shoulders and/or ...

Heart Attck so young?
I know anything is possible but how common is it for a female to have a heart attack at the age of 32....

Does a person with severe hypokalaemia (i.e. lvery low potassium levels) need to be in hospital?

How do I Quit smoking ???I am 47 yrs male,overweight,started smoking due to clinical depression when i was 18.
Now I am sufferring from Unpredictible Angina, and the cardiologist has asked me to quit smoking which I CANNOT as i am still taking ant depressants from my psychiatrist.I also have hypertension and ...

Does anyone know what is happening to me?
For about five weeks I have been getting chest pain, and squeezing across my chest. I have been to A&E and had ECG and blood tests which came back normal for enzymes from my heart and blood count ...

Medical professionals, please help....?
What is the probability of having a "safe" pregnancy at the age of 36, only 10 months after having had 9 pulmonary emboli? On Lovenox (40mg) a day now....no family history of blood clots ...

What is normal blood presure?
mine is 139mmhg maximum sistolica
and 76 mmhg minimum ...

What herbal product or supplement is very effective for lowering blood pressure without side effect.?
Suffering from high blood ...

Heart patient seeing a dentist?
whats the risk invalved if ...

What is heart disease? Can you have heart disease and there be no overt symptoms?

Would garlic PILLS help to lower cholesterol?

My Mom had a stroke she is paralized on her right side.Will she need my family to live with her?
She is in the Hospital now but we couldnt get her to go until 2 day's after the stroke which was the day before yesturday.She cant move her right arm or right leg she can barely talk out of the ...

My blood pressure is normally 102/68 with a pulse of 92. would you be concerned? Normal? Okay?

Additional Details
I have several people say it's too low. thought i would throw it out here and see what the general opinion was before i spend money going to the doctor about it....

Dr. Phil
What keeps a heart beating?
Why doesn't a heart ever stop beating? What keeps it going?

kickgirl001
Rating
Your brainstem, and then two nerve bundles in the heart called the SA node and the AV node regulate your heartbeat

sharon w
Rating
There are 3 main systems that keeps the heart beating and functioning through out a lifetime. 1. Para sympathetic and sympathetic nervous system,its control center is in the brain. Parasympathetic slows the heart rate,sympathetic,speeds it up.2.Circulating hormones like epinephrine and nor epinephrine,and thyroid hormones.3. The Cardiac muscle electrical pathways,along with electrolytes potassium and sodium,and calcium, produces an electrical conduction that keeps the heart in rhythm with enough force to circulate the blood supply,and maintain a stable "blood pressure". The SA or sino-atrial node starts this electrical impulse, its the "pacemaker" of the heart.The impulse travels to the AV node,artio-lventricular node,then travels to the Bundle of His,then down each Bundle Branch,right and left,then its dispersed to every cardiac cell through the Purkinje Fibers that allow the mechanical contractions of the cardiac muscle.When these neural pathways are disrupted a cardiac arrhythmia or irregularity develops,and can be seen and diagnosed with the ECG.Each different pathway has its own special abnormalities and can be diagnosed and treated.Not only does the ECG show electrical abnormalities,it will diagnose when the heart muscle itself has suffered injury like a heart attack and muscle damage etc. The heart does stop beating when it suffers a disruption in the electrical conduction, it wil "quiver" or fibrillate,severe brain trauma, and circulatory insult like a blood clot and severe strokes. Take care. SW FNP

miss anatomy
the heart makes a ludd-dubb sound by the valves opening and closing! so the blood flow keeps a heart beating!

hmmm123
actually electrical current.

pmallaber
Rating
There is a part of the heart that starts the electrical signal it is called the "sinus node". The sinus node is also called the heart's natural pacemaker. It can function without the brain-thats why there are brain dead people who still have a heart beat.

If the sinus node is malfunctioning or not working properly then an artificial (external or internal) pacemaker is needed.

lizdylan2003
the cells of the heart are one of a kind. they have their own impulses that other cells don't have

nickname
The sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system control the heart rate and BP.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy