Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Opinions needed here please. 52 yr.old male friend, had all symptoms of heart attack.?
Went to ER and was admitted. After 4 days of test ordered by his regular MD they only found that he had an infection and took antibiotic. His heart rate is still alittle eratic. He thinks he has ...

How long can heartburn last?
When I was pregnant earlier this year I had to go to the emergency room for chest pain...they diagnosed it as heartburn. Then about a month ago I had to go in again, and they diagnosed it as acid ...

What causes a heart attack?
How can you tell if a person is having one?...

Are people who have had a triple heart by pass automatically barred from flying? Or does it depend on the?
patient?

Why is it considered so risky?...

Irregular heartbeat?
alright so i am a 15 year old female. i had posted some questions about something that happened to me that the doctors still do not know what is wrong. i had what they assumed was a seizure, but they ...

Is acute myocardial infarction the actual heart attack or a sickness/ disease?
can someone "have" AMI as a disease but no heart attack?
i just want to know if AMI is the sudden heart attack or can u walk around and say " i have AMI" like how ppl can say ...

How can you tell the difference between 'heart burn' and 'heart problems?'?
I get what feels like heart burn sometimes. But i am worried it might be more. How can i tell if it is heart burn, or a heart problem? They seem very similar with their symtpoms, so what symptoms ...

Severe pain in right upper portion of heart?
it is not because of dcough and cold nor it is because of indigestion or any thing ..i m a student i study and body movement is also regular....so wht now wht can it be?????...

My blood pressure is 98 over 40 is that to low? I'm scared?
I'm 26 yrs old ...

Does anyone know if you can claim Disability Living Allowance once a hearing aid has been fitted?
My husband found out today that he is profoundly deaf in one ear and no surgery is available, only help via a hearing aid.
Additional Details
My husband found out today that hes ...

My dad believes he has heart disease. His heart is bothering him. But he won't see a doctor. What do I do?
He told me he thinks he has it. But he says western medician doctors will kill you. How can I convince him to go to the doctor....

What would cause a high white blood count in cardiac patient?
she is 31 years old, she has had an ecg and i came up abnormal, her white blood count was ...

Why very low blood pressure 90/55?
the range yesterday was from 90-120/74-82. On Thursday it was very high and this is why I am monitoring after the doctor told me it was very high. No meds for blood pressure involved. Went to the ...

What could be some early signs (symptoms) that someone is heading for a heart attack?

I am having muscle spasms around my heart?
Has anyone ever had this before? It's really freaking me out. I excercised alot yesterday and really don't excercise that much so I'm wondering if that is causing the spasms. I don&#...

Does these meds mix? darvocet100, coumadin 5, synthroid50,atenolol50 please help?
she has had blood clots, hyper & hypo thyroid,blood pressure and pain....

19 Year Old Dies From A Blood Clot?
I have a friend who was 19 or 20 and she recently died in her sleep from a blood clot that was too close to her heart. This now has me worried as to what caused it because i don't know what ...

My dr says i have high blood presure?
my dr says i have high blood presure 130/86 r 132/86 L, now i belive that is right in the middle, she say s i will have to be on medication for life , any thoughts on this, im not saying i disagree ...

Am i having a heart attack right now? i am serious?
I have been having chest pain for about a week. It's like squeezing feeling and I also feel pressure in my chest. I am 19 years old I don't work out and i am 160 pounds and 5.10 tall. I ...

Chest pain anxiety/panic related?
I've had this on and off for about 5 years, was previously on Paxil for long term treatment, with lorazepam (Ativan) for acute onset symptoms. Remained symptom-free for about a year after ...

Cathrine Rose A
What is the nursing consideration in administering the furosemide a cardiovascular drug?

ladyrn
Rating
well, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking...but you want to give it slowly. I think it's recommended that you give 1cc per minute to avoid tinnitus...if this doesn't answer your question please feel free to message me and I'll try to help...I work in a cardiac ICU by the way

stephen p
Rating
This sounds like a nursing student trying to get someone else do do his/her homework. As an RN of 34 years, let me set you straight. The only way to learn is to do your own studying, which includes your own homework. I'm sure all the other RN's that read this question and answer will agree with me.

GVD
Rating
Well if you are trying to get us to do your work for you, then you are cheating! How about just a hint, when giving lasix you might want to consider giving it slowly, now it's up to you to look up why.
PS
Furosemide/Lasix isn't really a cardiac med per se, it's actually a loop diuretic

happydawg
Have a urinal or a potty nearby.
Blood pressure should be checked before you give it to make sure the pt can tolerate the decrease in fluid volume.
Keep an eye on the electrolytes. Especially the potasssium
You can give it over a minute.

mdel
Rating
1) check BP before giving the drug (hold if systolic BP is less than 90, for some pt's, hold if it's less than 100- usually the ordering MD will set the paramaters).
2) check pt's potassium level- if it's low, a supplement may be needed b/c of potassium loss that accompanies diuresis
3) If administering IV push, administer slowly (usually over 1 minute) and monitor the pt for any signs of distress (ie dizziness, ringing in the ears)
4)re-check BP a little while after giving drug
5) monitor intake and output

cameronandmoe
Rating
You should push the drug over a period of 3-5 mins per cc for
instance if you are giving 40mg you should push it for about 4 min it causes arrhymias if pushed too fast and youshould be looking for adequate urinary output and it is not potassium sparing so a suppliment should also be considered

kathyisleno
Rating
Only a student nurse would be asking this question! You need to do your own research-how else are you going to learn!

Buzz s
Rating
If memory serves me correctly, furosemide is a diuretic. You need to supply potassium with strong diuretics to offset the loss of potassium by this drug.

Cat
Rating
If you are administering a furosemide (Lasix) which is a loop diuretic and NOT cardiovascular drug (although it is used in Congestive Heart Failure to relieve edema and decrease preload). You need to take into consideration the electrolytes that the patient will loose by voiding, a very important electrolyte is potassium. If the patient looses a lot of potassium (hypokalemia) and if you give a cardiovascular drug like Digoxin (Lanoxin), it can potentiae digitalis-induced arrhythmias.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy