Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I just had my first child "a 8.1 lb beautiful girl 6-6-07'' today. how dangeous can a heart murmur be so soon
my wife father has an enlarged heart were his heart pumps blood out so fast the other chambers cant fill it up fast enough. was wondering if mabye that had an affect on or daughter? she is only one ...

Medical terminology?

High blood pressure?
Any natural ways to lower blood pressure?I am 40 and it just started about 4 months ago and keeps creeping up....

Myocardial infraction( heart attack)?
what is the 1 factor that can determine the amount of damage done to the heart during an infraction?...

What to do when one has an heart attack?
my dad has this heart condition and i was just wondering if he suddenly has an attack, what shall i do to help????????
Additional Details
Lately he has been under alot of pressure and ...

I have high blood pressure it feel like my heart is beating in ever part of my body and i am feel nausea?

Why am i feeling a headache in the top of my head?
My Blood pressure as below :
Sys :134
Dia.: 90
My weigt is 87 Kg, my length is : 174 cm, my age :45 years
how can i reduce my blood presure ....

What are some good ways to naturally lower blood pressure?

Anyone know how effective LIPITOR is to reduce cholesterol and to prevent heartattacks and strokes ?
I'm 37 and been put on it for the rest of my life - with all the news lately about cholesterol-reducing drugs not working , I was wondering if anyone has experience with THIS particular one...<...

Heart hurts?
Its been going on for a week and well when i breath in deeply sometime a sharp pain goes through my chest around my heart somewhere. Also when I move suddenly or eat to fast. What could this ...

What can I do to lower my blood pressure and cholesterol on my own without meds??
I am wanting to stop taking so many meds and I was wanting to know what kinds of food should I *avoid* and what kinds of foods would *help* me lower these two things? I know that getting active will ...

What is a heart murmur?

What foods actively lower cholesterol?

Is a heartbeat of 43 beats per min too slow?
and not athlete ...

The doctor says I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol,What foods should I eat?

Symptoms of heart disease?

Can a heart form new capillaries?

Today when my blood pressure was taken it was 156/83 why such a change? and is this still high?

Additional Details
on 2 previous occasions over the last few weeks it was 176/72 and then 184/76 before i got this lower reading of 156/83....

What is the general name for any substance that causes the heart to beat faster is?

Chest Pain?
WELL I HAVE BEEN HAVING CHEST PAIN, LATELY I BROKE DOWN AN FINALLY WENT TO THE E.R. I PUT IT OFF BECAUSE I HAVE HAD BEFORE BUT IT WAS ACID REFLUX AND JUST PAIN IN THE STERNUM BONE. WELL I...

Hope
What is the difference between angioplasty vs catheterization?

papayosha
Angioplasty involves the inflation of a balloon. Catheterization does not.

sleepingliv
I'm not an expert but I believe an angioplasty tube can be expanded whereas a catheter is just a tube.

AlisonJonshon
Rating
Catheterization (coronary angiogram) is a procedure of puttinga very small fine wire on your artery (from ur hand or thigh) & the cardiologist will inject small amount of dye. From the scan& recording, we can see ur arteries clearly & see if you have any blockages.
PTCA (Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty) is a procedure where they inserted a balloon on the wire to 'blow up' ur blockages artery site, then after its opened-they will put a stent which is coated w medication.
Cardiologist can do catheterization and followed by angioplasty if the patient are found w blockages more then 70%.

geeknik
Rating
Angioplasty is the mechanical widening of a narrowed or totally obstructed blood vessel. These obstructions are often caused by atherosclerosis. The term derives from the roots "angio" or vessel and "plasticos" fit for molding. The term has come to include all manner of vascular interventions typically performed in a minimally invasive or percutaneous method. In catheterization, a doctor inserts a thin plastic tube (catheter) into an artery or vein in the arm or leg. From there it can be advanced into the chambers of the heart or into the coronary arteries.

Amy P
Rating
"Catheterization" is the insertion of a catheter into the body. This term is commonly used as slang to refer to insertion of a catheter up to the heart for the purpose of doing an "angiogram," which is the injection of dye into the arteries that supply blood to the heart, to assess for the presence of stenosis or narrowing of the arteries. The "angiogram" allows one to determine if "angioplasty" is necessary and feasible. An "angioplasty" is the insertion of a balloon tipped catheter across a stenosis with the intention of inflating the balloon and opening the blockage. In conjuntion with an "angioplasty," a "stent" is often inserted into the artery at the site of the stenosis to assist in keeping the artery open. Hope this helps.

Catheterization could legitimately be used for urinary catheterization, central line insertion, or a host of other medical procedures. But in my field, this refers to what I described above.

Ottawan-Canada
The way I understand it is:
Angioplasty is placing plastic in partially open artery for blood circulation.
Catheterization is access via a tube through vein or artery to a location inside the body. It could be needed for many reasons.

I am not in any medical field.

charmel5496
Rating
cardiac catherization is the procedure done to check for blockages and angioplasty is the procedure to try and open the blockages...both are done with the same type of catherter and sometimes angioplasty is done right after the angiogram

vamedicca
Rating
Catheterization is done by inserting a tiny camera on the end on a catheter through a blood vessel in the groin area and threading it up into the coronary arteries to take a look and see if there are any blockages. If so, then angioplasty, which is inflating of a balloon and placement of a wire mesh stent to keep the artery open, might be performed. Other options include bypass surgery.

boobird
Rating
catheterization unplugs a vein or artery
an angioplasty repairs a weakened or damaged artey or vein

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy