Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Blood pressure on exercise, should it go up? mine was 138-105?
i took a blood pres reading immediatley after exercise, it was 138-105. is this ok as bottom figure seems high. or should i take it more easy, i am frightened to exercise now, but i know you need to. ...

I'm 22 and my cholesterol level is 242. Any other young people out there with the same problem?
I got a call today from my doctor about my lab results. It seems that I have high cholesterol levels. I'm only 22 and I was curious if anyone else was diagnosed at a young age and/or what I can ...

What are the treatment options for pitting edema in the lower extremities?
I have tried elevating the legs but this isn't always possible especially at work. Have a stent in the left coronary artery; on blood pressure medicine and aspirin regimen. Also bipolar ...

Im concerned?
im trying to stay awake and i drink 2 cups of coffee but now im starting to get shaky and my heart is pounding fast and it kind of give me an upset stomach what should i ...

Blood pressure is 107/73. Pulse 141. I'm really weak. What's going on?

Heart Attack Symptoms???
My father within the last few weeks has had flu-like symptoms (even took two days off work..which he NEVER does) and has had shooting pain through his right shoulder down his arm. I was wondering if ...

Is this normal?
I've done this in the past every now and then. I'll just be sitting here (it's kinda scary when it happens), but all the sudden I feel like I forget the breathe, like I lost my breath ...

Cholesterol?
My brother recently had a test for Cholesterol and the results came back at 5.9. Is that good, bad or neither? If its bad what can he do to lower his Cholesterol ?
Additional Details
My ...

Is high blood pressure dangerous????

I woke up and my heart was beating really fast and wont stop?
i woke up and my heart felt like it was jumping out of my chest. i went and took a shower and while i was there it was still beating really fast. it still is now. is there something wrong with me?...

PLEASE WHERE IS THE BEST CARDIAC TREATMENT AVAILABLE I dont care what country its in or what it costs ill take
the debt. PLEASE !!!!!!!!...

What's the best gift for a person in a hospital (having operation)?

Does cheese clog the arteries? What else does? Thank you?

Triglycerides waaaaaaaay too high!?
My total cholesterol is normal but my doc said my Triglycerides are waaaaaaaaaaay too high....they've hit the 200's and two years ago were normal. I'm not a big steak eater....I don...

If your having a heart attack,why do you have to chew an aspirin,why can't you swallow?

Is my blood pressure high, if so what to do?
I just got my blood pressure taken and it was 154 over 93. I am 21 years old and the person was flippin out that it was too high. What can I do or do I need to do anything right now. I am very active,...

Is 206 beats per minute high when exercising ?
I am a 23 year old Female and I occasionaly work out but havent for about 2 months and my heartbeat was 206 beats per minute while exercising.....and have been very tired lately is that heart rate ...

Chest Pain/ Difficulty Breathing?
lately i been experiencing some chest pain and a little shortness of breath. i feel like i cant take deep breathes and my chest feels like its caving in. I been to a caridologist and and internal ...

My girl friend has syncope and her mom says the doctor said take these pills which are called "metoprolol"...
Can you please tell me if her sickness is serious? if she takes metoprolol, which is a beta receptor blocker used to treat several diseases of the cardiovascular system, is it deadly? Will she get ...

Does anybody know how to..?
Does anybody know how to BEAT a lie detector test.. cuz i think i might have to take one one of these days......

Brian
What is it called when your heart just randomly stops?
What are the names of conditions where your heart just randomly stops for a period of time.?

Someone I know has this condition and is in the hospital right now, but I want to know what might actually be wrong.

Thanks so much

druid
Rating
<>One's heart does not stop and start. However, a number of conditions could mimic such. Most likely, you are referring to some type of atrial fibrillation. This causes very irregular heartbeats, sometimes with long pauses between beats. Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) are beats that override normal heart rate and can cause feelings of "heart stoppage" in sufferers. The are others, but these are the most common.

Jacques
Rating
Bad Luck.

Abuser
Rating
death

siddoly
When the heart has irregular beats, skips beats etc it is called arrhythmia.
Also PVC's. If you Google those maybe you will find something. Hope your friend is ok.

serenitytrakker
Rating
I am no doctor but I went to school with someone that had heart palpitations. You might want to look that up though. Hope it helps.

nickname
Rating
people can have sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia, complete heart block, those rhythms usually result in a very low heart rate that requires a pacemaker. specially if they have symptoms. I've seen hearts that randomly stop for short periods of time, and it's usually one of the above causes I've named. sometimes too much of a certain medicine or abnormal electrolytes cause a very slow heart beat

janetoots77
Rating
asystole-when the heart beats stop, then when they revived heart beat can back but its probably not in normal pattern, there will be an erratic heart beat.Your friend perhaps suffered from heart attact. you should know what really the present disease so that we can know what causes the heart attack.

kitkatkel24
I do not know of a condition where your heart randomly stops then restarts again spontaneously. If your heart stops it is known as cardiac arrest.

citizen insane
Rating
The heart will not simply stop beating -- however, it may fail to contract effectively/synchronously, which is almost the same thing. This is generally called congestive heart failure, but for only temporary periods, what you might be referring to is ventricular fibrillation, which is a dangerous condition because it may precipitate heart failure very rapidly -- which is why I imagine your friend/family-member was hospitalized. Ventricular fibrillation may be caused by many things, but is most commonly due to a rapidly-pacing node that may be the AV-node or some other ectopic focus in the ventricles somewhere.

Otherwise, what you might be thinking of is sinus/AV blockade, where the impulses from the SA node fail to reach the ventricles, due to a barrier in the AV-node. This may also result in ventricular tachycardia/fibrillation, because of the lack of a normal rhythm.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy