Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why do they call heartburn, heartburn if it has nothing to do with your heart?

I am 48 yrs Old. Total Cholestrol is 141, HDL 27, LDL is 79 Triglycerides is 179. My Dr. says its not alarming
My Dr. did not prescribe any Medicine and only informed that the levels of HDL/LDL is not alarming since my Total cholestrol level is within limits. Pls advise what diet controls I have to follow to ...

High blood pressure??????? HELP ME PLZ?
how can i help some1 with that problem???
he has high blood pressure and i know that eating more heltyer and some stuff like that help alot
can some one tell me some steps to do to help him?...

How long can a person last with untreated congestive heart failure?
My dad has heart disease, has had angioplasty, then open heart surgery, then a pacer/defibrillator. He's in his early 60's.

Last night he couldn't breathe and went to the ER...

A friend of mine just had heart valve surgery and I was told shes not waking up. Possible reasons???
Its all the info I got and I am wondering what the possible causes are............

Heart feels like it stops?
I'm 18. Every now and then my heart feels like it stops for like 2 seconds. then it starts back up but is VERy shallow where I can barely feel it. It just happened now and I am just sitting on ...

Why does my heart rate increase with little effort?
I notice that when I bend down or just do something very little my heart rate will increase a lot. I thought it might just be in my head so I used a pulse ox finger sensor and it is true. Usually my ...

Serious question about heart problem?
over the past 4 or so days i have been getting pain in the chest, pressure pain. I have been stressed recently. I also have not been able to get that much sleep or eat that much recently due to ...

My husband was recently diagnosed with crd & was advised to have a angioplasti done, after recovery will he be
able to work? he also was found to have diabetes he takes 1 round of insulin a day. this doesnt worry me like the heart problem,hes 58& until now was healthy but hes getting all kinds of problems:...

How should persons eating habbits change after he has a quintuple (5) bypass surgery?
What he should be eating?

What is prohibited for him?

What should he do to recover quickliy?...

How can i over come my depressions?

For experts only, can a person be cleared to play a sport if thet have a heart murmur?

When you see a dentist why do you have to take antibiotics if you have an irregular heartbeat?
and what are the consequences if you do not take them?...

I have cardiomegaly? how dangerous is this for me? is it fatal?

What is a heart murmur?

My grandma has high blood pressure what should she watch out for?

Is aortic regurgitation "curable" with surgery?
My son was diagnosed at birth with aortic regurgitation and I found a website that states that it is curable with surgery, however our cardiologist has never stated it like that, he states that when ...

Is this a sign of high or low blood pressure?
I am almost 16 weeks pregnant and when I walk around for awhile or (even worse) when I just stand still I get very hot,sweaty(clammy) and feel like if I don sit down right that minute I'm going ...

Blood pressure and caffene?
How much does coffee affect blood pressure and for how long?...

What does it mean when heart fluttering is stong and painful, accompanied with difficulty breathing?
Every now and then I get this feeling in my chest like my heart is fluttering. It is deep and strong, it almost feels like my heart is trying to pull up and out of my mouth. It hurts and pulls my ...

Beans
What is considered a high heart rate?
Not just what is considered high but how high is dangerous or can potentially damage the heart after prolonged periods? I suffer from panic disorder and generalized anxiety. I also have hypothyroid and am on synthroid. My blood pressure and heart rate are high during a full blown panic attack. My heart rate is generally higher frequently I think do to the generalized anxiety or possibly my thyroid issue? But other than that my blodd pressure is normal or below. My doctor wants to put me on high blood pressure medication but I am not convinced that it is necessary. I am considering going back on an anti anxiety medication with hope that it may help the situation. Any suggestions?

David P
Rating
As others have said, 60-90 is a typical resting heart rate. Higher in young children and infants. Athletes in top condition can have a very low resting heart rate. Miguel Indurain, a five-time Tour de France champion, once recorded a resting heart rate of 28.

EA
Rating
Normal heart rate is generally 60 to 100.Sustained high heart rate may cause heart damage. When your heart beats faster than normal,do you get dizzyor faint? Has your Dr. ordered a Holter monitor? Normal blood pressure is about 120/80,pre-hypertension is about 140/90. High blood pressure may cause damage to blood vessels,organs and vision.

Christy SD Nurse
Rating
A normal heart rate is 60-90. Something above 100 is considered high. At some people do run high due to being over-weight, smoking, or like you anxiety issues. If your heart rate is getting to be above 120 on a regular basis you need to discuss this with your Dr. A normal Blood pressure is 120/80. Medication is considered for 140/90. High blood pressure is a serious risk and should be treated accourdingly.

Jess
Rating
140+

Crazy Cat Lady
Rating
I own a health and nutrition business and have taught fitness. Rather than answer about your heart rate, I will offer a suggestion that may help. A safe heart rate will differ from one person to another depending on your age and weight. But your problem isn't so much your heart rate and blood pressure as it is the panic attacks. So let me offer a bit that may help:
Different's people's bodies will handle B 12 differently depending on age and a myriad of other factors. B 12 is called the "stress vitamin" and people low on it generally can be more prone to anxiety and stress. As a person get's older, they lose their ability to absorb B 12 orally through the digestive system - especialy if they do not eat a lot of red meat.
The solution is to either take B12 sub-lingually or to take shots. Shots can cost time, money and inconvenience. Sublingually (under the tongue) can be a solution. Go to a vitamin section at any store that sells vitamins and find a good sub-lingual B12. 5000 mcg. Dissolve it under your tongue in the morning, at night, and any time you start to feel an anxiety attack coming on. It is a water soluable vitamin, so any excess will wash out, and you may find that your panic disorder may be easier to control as the B12 helps you to handle the stress.
If you have any questions you are free to email me.

natsma03
Rating
I suffered from major anxiety, and my heart rate was pretty high. I was monitored for 24hrs and my heart rate got up to over 200 bpm in a regular day. After being put on a beta blocker, my heart rate is now in the normal range (60-80) and I no longer suffer from excessive anxiety. I do have the occasional attack, but way less severe. So it turned out that it was 'inappropriate tachycardia' (no real reason for high heart rate), and it was causing the panic attacks. For some people it is a rapid heart rate that causes anxiety/panic not the other way around, but having an attack can increase your heart rate even more.
So to answer your question, normal heart rates are 60-80, high normal is 80-100, and 100 and over is considered high. Consistently high heart rate can cause issues that can lead to heart attack, as well as other problems.
Definitely go to your doc to get your thyroid checked, and discuss what would be best for you. Good luck to you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy