Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Please help. Did my mom die of a heart attack?
A week ago my mom passed away very suddenly. We did not do an autopsy as we know she died of natural causes. But the family is wondering wether it was a heart attack or something else such as a ...

How else can I lower My BP?
I went to the Dr. this morning for my weekly reading (i've been doing this for about 2 weeks) and it was 180/116. My previous reading were 130/100 and 115/98.
for the past 3 weeks I'...

I have been on high blood pressure medication for months, but doesn't work. Any help beside the medication?

Can anybody suggest some cholesterol reducing foods?

What are the chances of an 85 year-old man surviving open-heart surgery?
The doctors have decided on replacing one of the valves in his heart with one taken from a pig. He's a WW2 amputee who is ridiculously physically healthy and mentally sound. Two weeks ago his ...

How can I lower my blood pressure?
I have to go to MEPS in 9 days and I just found that my systolic blood pressure is too high and might cause me to not be accepted into the military. I am 5'11" and 201 lbs and my blood ...

911 need help now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
what is a good pain to use in an ER so i can get pain pills? please i need to know.
Additional Details
u people can all go to hell. i'm having severe abdominal pains and back ...

Im 16 and i think im having heart palputations??!?
It doesnt happen very often, but sometimes randomly I can feel my heart suddenly beats faster, but it only happens for about 20-30 seconds I think. Should I be worried?
Additional Details<...

Will an EKG detect a mild heart attack that occurred several months ago?
Are there any tests that would detect if someone had a mild heart attack a few months ago? What will an EKG tell you?...

Heart problems at the age of 20?
I've been having this strange heart palpitation: It feels like my heart is skipping a beat, and right after that I have to catch my breath. The "skip" lasts about a second, and ...

Information on natural remedies for high blood pressure?

If my blood pressure is 145/90 and my heart beats at 95 do I have hypertension?

Steps to be taken for first heart attack immediate?
what steps to be taken for first heart attack immediate if hospital is ...

Chest pain?
i have been having some cheast pain on my left side in bettween my left breast bone and center of cheast ,i am 37 ...

Blood pressure???
At my last check up I was told my blood pressure 100/60. Is that good? Or bad? The nurse told me my blood pressure and then stared at me for a while and then left. I'm just confused. I am over ...

How high BP can be permanently cured? what changes should be done in life style?

My dad is 67 years old. he suffers from hyper tension. it fluctuates sharply at times too. what should he do?

Help plz chest pains =[?
over the last month ive had really bad sharp chest pains (sometimes felt like i was going to die), this occurs pretty much all over the top part of my chest.. heart area.. left side and right side. ...

Why are Surgeons called Mr and not Dr?
I had an operation done by a Mr ian smith.Not Dr ian smith,Id have thought they would be called Dr's too....

How to avoid bypass surgery even if all the arteries are blocked?
My father is 72 years old. His heart capacity is 15% only. He had a bypass 14 years back. Again all the arteries including the bypass arteries are blocked. Is it medically advisable to go for bypass ...

vishal a
What is anticubital vein in the human body?

Kim V
The veins in the bend of the arm most commonly used to draw blood or place an IV or even give intravenous medicine. In the bend of arm there are three main veins to place a needle. They are the Cephalic vein, the Median Cubital Vein and the basilic vein. The first vein choice for a blood draw is the Median Cubital vein, then the cephalic, and then the basilic.

gerilynn35
The anticubital Vein is in the hollow of the arm where you bend it
It is where most lab technicians draw their blood
HOWEVER most ER nurses only use this in emergency situations.
Contrary to what mr. paramedic above me said. We prefer anywhere else on the arm. LOL. And yes unlike alot of my fellow RN's I have the utmost respect for paramedics who really can do all that he said!!!

daddysnurse
Rating
The antecubital vein runs through the bend in the arm (elbow). It is one of the most common veins for labs to draw blood from.

SAMI
It is the vein in the hollow of elbow and most intravenous injections are given through this vein.

hidoug
thats the one the blood bank draws its prime resource from, or where an intraveinous injection might take place, or the nurse or doc' could even take blood samples from it.....a drip feed would probably be fine there too...hope this helps.

revjeffpsychic
Antecubital means at the front of the elbow, in the bend of the elbow.

Cat
The antecubital vein is positioned at the bend of the arm.

James F
Rating
The opposite of the procubital vein.

GVD
It's where RNs start 99% of their IVs because its easier unlike us Paramedic types that can hit any vein from 10 feet away in a moving ambulance/helicopter/whatever!

Just kidding of course, I just said that because my wife is looking over my shoulder and I really wanted her to slap me in the head!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy