Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My heart beat is 103 beats a minute is my blood pressure high?

I'm 33 not overweight but I have blood pressure 141/85 pulse rate of 141. Is that really bad?

Additional Details
I went to see a Dr. today. My thyroid is a little whack but said that my white blood cell count was 18,000. What would that indicate? He wouldnt speculate until ...

I asked this question and am still not sure what my answer is..I have severe blockage and calcified areas.?
I explained tthat I had an angiography and that I had severe blockage from the knees down and calcified areas starting from the bellybutton level of aorta dwon to my thighs..They said the vessels are ...

Nausea, rapid heart beat, due to stress?
i'm sometimes experiencing nausea, difficulty of breating, my heart beating so fast, lack of energy, my nerve twisting almost everyday..feeling scared sometimes, what could be the reason? is ...

What is high blood pressure?

What is sinus bradycardia with right ventricular hypertrophy?

What is considered "good" blood presure for a 48 year old male?

Pain near heart?
I get this pain near my heart, And when i breathe it really hurts then it just goes away, Then im fine. It comes everynow again, Im terribly worried that its a problem with my heart, I can exercise ...

What does high potassium in blood mean?

I am 55 and always tired. No energy. My blood pressure is 108/63. Sometimes feel faint,dizzy. whats up?

Why do some people have heart attacks when theyre startled?

Sugar acts like glass in your veins?
Hello,

I listened to Dr. Oz a heart surgeon say that sugar acts like broken glass in your veins, the body repairs it with plaque, the same plaque that clogs your heart on BlogTalkRadio....

What are the anti hypertensives prescribed after cardiac failure or MI?

What does it mean when you have a abnormal ekg?
im only 44, and when compared to last years at my physical it shows that the flow of electcity that flows and conducts the flow of blood thru my heart is much differnt on my right side than that of ...

What factors in our food result in cholestrol increase?

Sphygmometer.....?
How a sphygmomometer, used in conjunction with a stethoscope, can be used to determine a patient's systolic and diastolic pressure?...

Why do thumbs have there own heart beat?
i have just always wondered y thumbs have there own heartbeat? does anyone know?...

How uncommon is it for a 25 year old male to have a heart attack?

I guess know one know how painfull migraines are and get them 3 times a week lasting 3 days and a lot longr?
Only a person suffering can relate to how painfull they are I think it is babaric to leave someone in such pain.I have taken 4 or more tylenol to try and make it go away,so as far as the pharmacist ...

?hi have u have you ever been admitted to the hospital?
have you ever had a iv?
have you ever had general anesthesia?
did u ever have a et tube inserseted?
have you ever been under general anesthesia and if you were did u have a iv and a ...

livetolovegirl22
What is a heart murmur? Whaat does it feel like?

Dear Anna...
Rating
A heart murmur is not a disease; it is a sound that the doctor hears with a stethoscope. It may be normal, or it could be a sign that something may be wrong. Most heart murmurs are harmless. Some are signs of heart problems, especially if other signs or symptoms of a heart problem are present.

farfale
Rating
A heart murmur refers to an extra sound made when the heart beats. It DOES NOT mean there's a hole in your heart. A heart murmur have many different causes. You need to be examined to find out if there is any need to be concerned or treated.

bali
due to some structural or blood flow abnormality in/near the heart,an extra(abnormal) heart sounds r produced..

how does it feel like??(sign n symptoms)
innocent murmurs wont usually exhibit any sign or symptoms.
abnormal murmurs..may(or may not) show the following.
Skin that appears blue, especially on your fingertips and lips
Swelling
Shortness of breath
Enlarged liver
Enlarged neck veins
Poor appetite and failure to grow normally (in infants)
Weight gain (in adults and children)
Heavy sweating with minimal or no exertion
Chest pain
Dizziness
Fainting

wetcat2009
A heart murmur is a hole in the heart and it gives a different heart beat.

leelee
You don't feel a heart murmur. A murmur is an irregular sounding heartbeat. It's something that a doctor would pick up listening to your heart but you would not feel it.

ralphrepo_01
Rating
The best way to understand a heart murmur is to imagine that instead of blood rushing through the heart, it was air instead. When the air rushes across narrowed openings, or protrusions that block or alter its flow, you would hear a whistling sound.

With blood we don't call it whistling, but refer to them as murmurs. In cardiac medicine, when blood flow is altered by a physical structure, it creates turbulence. The turbulence vibrates the fluid around it, and creates noises (the murmur). Whether because it is flowing across a septal defect (hole in one of the walls of the heart), or a defective valve (narrowed opening of a stenotic or incompetent valve), it will make a noise. This can occur during systole (when the heart is actively pumping) or diastole (when the heart is resting). This is strictly an aural phenomena, that is, one limited to sound. It has nothing to do with the heart's cadence, timing, or rhythm.

You cannot "feel" a heart murmur, though some rare ones are loud enough that you don't even need a stethoscope to hear them.

Degree of loudness cannot be clinically correlated to degree of illness. I've seen patients with murmurs that would blow your ears off, fit as a fiddle and I've seen patients with barely detectable murmurs ready to push up daisies. How significant a finding that a murmur is, really depends upon the condition of the patient. Like a fever, a murmur in and of itself is absolutely meaningless, as both are simply indicators that a patient should be further examined. Is the flow dynamic that is creating the murmur causing the patient any ill effect is the question that needs to be considered overall.

Good luck

Ralph

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy