Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I went to my internal doctor office today and he checked my blood pressure?
twice first time it was 128/68 next time it was 128/60 with heart rate 70
he dont want me to take blood pressure medicine !
i am really worry i dont want to change my doctor coz i know him ...

How dangerous are heart murmurs in newborns?

What is a small artery called?

Has anyone had a bad experience being withdrawn from Atenolol betablockers?
Have taken Atenolol for 10 years - a large dose 2 x 100mg and it was suddenly withdrawn by doctor ( Government policy) Suffered extremely high pulse and heart rate and had to visit hospital . Here ...

How long it takes to train to be a cardiologist?

How to predict Heart attack?
How to predict Heart attack? Is there any science to predict to heart attack. Does it possible to predict before 10 years after getting the attack? What are the tests for it ? Does it a heridatary ...

Is it possible for two weeks of exercise to lower blood pressure?
49 yo male, six feet tall and 250 pounds. Have led pretty much a couch potatoe lifestyle the last five years (work related, lots of sitting, not much if any exercise). My blood pressure the last two ...

I have just been diagnosed with 2 heart murmurs. What are the treatment options?

Does anyone know how high blood pressure can go?
My son suffers with high blood pressure he has had to go to hospital twice his highest reading was 260/158 which is dangerously high, but what I cannot find out is how high blood pressure can go....

Teen Having Chest Pains?
I am 17 and have recently been experiencing chest pains. It feels like a huge weight sitting on my chest, like my chest is caving in. and sometimes piercing pains. It gives me shortness of breath. ...

Lowering blood pressure...?
I'm 22 and have an average blood pressure of about 135/85. It was never high growing up. I specifically remember getting a physical my senior year in high school 4 years ago and it being 118/77. ...

Does anyone know the medical term, if someone is producing to much iron in their blood.?

Does Amitriptyline and Valium contain Nitroglycerin?
If taken frequently Is it bad for health and will it affect ones Libido?...

Does EKG tests always pick up heart Arrythmias?
What is the guaranteed way to pick up a potential heart arrhythmia in a person?...

What ages do heart attacks usually happen?

Blood pressure question?
about a month ago i was lifting wieghts at a friends house and it was prety intence, that was the first time in a while i had done that,, the next 3 days i was partying and drinking some and was very ...

What can I do to lower my cholesterol from 218 to normal?

Additional Details
I do take a fish oil gel cap every day......

I like a glass of wine in the evening. My doctor said, "Don't drink." Pharmacist says 4 hrs before BP meds OK
I have high blood pressure--really good and low with meds, a.m. and p.m. I don't have more than the one small glass of wine and have had no repercussions that I know of. My daughter says that ...

How does it feel when you are having a heart attack?
i was wondering this because my uncle passed away from a heart attack and i was just kind of wondering what it felt like. Some say that the pain is unbearable, some say it feels like someone is ...

Who was the actress who played the female leading role in King Kong?
Guys, let's be humorous we had too much of this heart/cardiology on this segment, lets take a short break a have a chuckle?...

gerlawgoody1
What if my husband's defibrillator goes off?
during intimacy?

This is a serious question and I am looking for only serious answers please!

Will I get shocked too? Do I call the ambulence? What?

My friend's husband had a heart attack during intimacy a year ago, was on life support for a few days and then died.
Additional Details
Will I be able to call an ambulence if I get shocked too, and will I need medical care/

My friend's husband did not have a defibrillator

Mookie S
huh? defil- what?

Alex
Rating
1. You wont get shocked.

2. If this is a rare occurence "hopefully rare" sure it is best to get checked. also the shock will be painful and pain manegement may be necessary.

3. If this is a common occurence your doctor will advise you what they want you to do.

chattterus
Will you get shocked?

Yes - you will get shocked

and

No - The shock won't bother you, your husband yes, you no.

Have you ever taken a weed and touched an electric fence with it? If you haven't the effect are a few minor tingles. That is the maximum you will feel.

Some couples have even reported liking the sensation.

Call the ambulance if your partner isn't feeling OK after the experience. Or anyway as OK as he can after being kicked in the chest hard.

I'm surprise you even had to ask the question. This is the most asked question about an ICD. There are tons of FAQs and guides that answer it.

Oops
Rating
As I understand it a defibrilator is the piece of equipment used to kick start a heart which has stopped. Now pardon me if i am wrong but surely if your hebby's heart is stopped intimacy is going to be somewhat difficult. If his heart is not stopped why the hell would he be using a defib. I think that either you or I or possibly your hubby has got something slightly confused here.

Sandy
These are all questions that you need to pose to his doctor. Your husband needs to be made aware of how it will feel if it goes off (my mom says it's like she got kicked in the chest by a horse). And you need to read some literature about the devise. But NO, you cannot get shocked too.

Cardiac Physiologist
Rating
Normal increases in heart rate will not set off a modern defibrillator. They all have built in algorhythms that will identify whether the fast heart rate is due to a life threatening rhythm (VT or VF) or whether it is increased due to normal heart rate increasing (sinus tachycardia). Most defibrillators will be set up to shock at a rate over about 200 (this does vary though) and rates below this will be tried to be fixed by pacing the heart faster. You would never be shocked by an implanted defibrillator as the maximum amount of energy it delivers is 30J, which is very small and will not travel outside the body. Unfortunately when they do go off it can be traumatic for the patient and also the person with them as there will be involuntary muscle contractions and it can be described as 'an elephant kicking you in the chest' - but remember that this shock is an important life saving shock! Hope that answers the question

A cardiology/CCU will usually advise you of when to contact the hospital. If you only get one shock then arrange a follow up at a convenient date after. if you get more than one shock contact the CCU at your local hospital - but these guidelines vary

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy