Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I.C.D.what's it like?
I am having one fitted in March the doctor told me I wont know it's there. If any one has one fitted can you tell me what's it like, and what the op. is like. Thank you for your help....

I'm having occasional chest pains that I feel are heart related- what should I do?
I realize that i sleep way too much (sometimes up to 14 hours a day) and eat horribly (red meats, fried foods, real butter on everything). I have been trying hard to mend myself, and it's a slow ...

Is there a medicine to make your heart smaller when it is to big.?

Heart stents?
Has anyone had this procedure and do you feel the benefits?
Thank you....

Remedy for PAIN from LIPITOR?????
Persistent pain from taking LIPITOR ...taken Nexium, also antacid to reduce the intolerable heartburn, stomach and chest pain...still having pain although stopped taking LIPITOR today. Last dose was ...

What are the causes of chest burn (heart burn) and how can it be cured, also is it in any way related to beans

High Blood Pressure?
I am 15 years old and lately I have been having high blood pressure. I have gone to the doctor but still didn't make an appointment to get the results for all the tests they have done on me. D...

Please tell some rich cholesterol-lowering foods. thank you.?

How many PVC's can your have in under a minute before being alarmed by it?
My bf is 23 years old and has to have open heart surgery in the next few wks. He has been having a lot of PVC's lately and as the days go by the more he has. They come and go but sometimes he ...

Renal Failure?

Sudden irregular heart beats and shortness of breath.?
I'm 14 years old, about 107 lbs. and a normal diet. For the past couple of weeks, about 2-3 times a day, my heart will start beating really rapidly and I can feel it in my chest beating. When ...

How do i get nitroglycerin?
i rember seeing the movie fight club with tht secne where he burns his hand you need nitroglycerin and i also seent some vidoes on youtube people made mini bobms out of it and its great to burn so ...

Nausea, heart palpitations and dizziness?
a friend has been feeling these symptoms for the past 3 days.
she has not thrown up, but she has been exhausted, pale and dizzy.
she feels as if every time she gets the palpitations she ...

Can you get rid of a heart murmur?
I was born with one, and I was thinking...How could I get rid of it? Is there a way?...

If you get a pacemaker put in how big is the scar?

Health Problems [ Possible heart condition]?
My sister is turning 18 this year. She's going to be a senior in high school. So she's preparing for College, the SATs and the application... She's been having this symptoms, ...

What happens if you don't detect a heart beat when testing blood pressure?
Whenever my mom has her blood pressure tested, no one gets a reading because they can't detect her heartbeat. And when they do finally get a reading, it's really high. What could cause this?...

Blood Clot?
I have a blood clot in my lower left leg whic h they r treating with coumadin & lovenox. They want me to keep my leg elevated. how long elevated 24/7???. my doc left for the weekend so im asking ...

What are the short and long term effects of high cholesterol?

Can you have normal blood pressure and normal cholesterol and still have chest pains and/or heart attack?

mshoosh33
What happens when the left side of the heart fails?
How will it effect respiratory volumes and capacities?

EA
You will feel very fatigued, shortness of breath, increase of heart rate, hypertensive, edema and extra fluids may cause heart failure. Heart will enlarge to compensate for this. .

maheswari m
This Patient Guide is written for the loved ones of heart patients who are dealing with the short-term stress that comes with a test, procedure or recent diagnosis of heart disease. It explains why support is so important to a loved one with heart disease. It also offers practical strategies on how to support a loved one while also taking care of yourself.

Seungyong W
Rating
not much - only DEATH

sylviahogan
Learning About Heart Failure

Learning to live with heart failure may be easier if you understand what's happening inside the body. This section explains what happens when someone develops heart failure.

Heart failure can involve the heart's left side, right side or both sides. However, it usually affects the left side first. Each side is made up of two chambers: the atrium, or upper chamber; and the ventricle, or lower chamber. The atrium receives blood into the heart, and the ventricle pumps it where it needs to go. Heart failure occurs when any of these chambers lose their ability to keep up with the amount of blood flow.

What is left-sided heart failure?

Left-sided or left ventricular (LV) heart failure involves the heart's left ventricle (lower chamber). Oxygen-rich blood travels from the lungs to the left atrium, then on to the left ventricle, which pumps it to the rest of the body. Because this chamber supplies most of the heart's pumping power, it's larger than the others and essential for normal function.

If the left ventricle loses its ability to contract normally (called systolic failure), the heart can't pump with enough force to push enough blood into circulation. If the ventricle loses its ability to relax normally (diastolic failure) because the muscle has become stiff, the heart can't properly fill with blood during the resting period between each beat. This is an important distinction because the drug treatments for each type of failure are different.

In either case, blood coming into the left chamber from the lungs may "back up," causing fluid to leak into the lungs. (The technical term for this is pulmonary edema.) Also, as the heart's ability to pump decreases, blood flow slows down, causing fluid to build up in tissues throughout the body (edema). This excess fluid or congestion explains the term congestive heart failure, which you've probably heard before.

Dinty Moore
You will generally develope a restrictive defect and therefore volumes and capacities will fall as your lung fills with water. Eventually the right heart will fail also and you will develope progressive swelling of the legs and abdomen.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy