Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What causes me to have angina when my heart comes to rest?

Is it aganist the law for a pharmasist not to fill your doctors prescriptions for migrines?
i take midin and phrealin ,or butaital ...

How long does it take for one's arteries to get clogged?
I'm asking this because last night, I had chest pains all of a sudden and then they went away. Now, I am 21 years old, somewhere between 305 and 320 pounds, and am 6'1" tall. Also, ...

What are some of the symptoms of Klinfelters syndrome?

I want to know how to correspond to a doctor from john hopkins?
ihave congestive heart failure, musle damage from a 1994 heart attack. ijust believethis is where i should go on line for help, first a transplant, then no.please help and let me be a part of your ...

Is it possible to have HDL Cholesterol higher than LDL cholesterol?
Is this dangerous?...

What could be the cause of a fast heart rate?
for no possible reason because i could be sitting not doing anything or just maybe something simple like walking and i'm not overweight or anything and i'm only 17.I went to the doctor back ...

Why does my heart beat hard?
Lately my heart pounds rapidly, more than 5 times a day; it is the kind of feeling like when you’re excited or surprised or scared. Could this be a mild heart attack? Should I consult a doctor for ...

How bad is cardiomegaly and having an enlarged right ventricle?

Im 34 on lisinopril for HIGH BP....now i read it to be 86/50..pulse 80?
is this low or ok ?? very worried.....

I.C.D.what's it like?
I am having one fitted in March the doctor told me I wont know it's there. If any one has one fitted can you tell me what's it like, and what the op. is like. Thank you for your help....

I'm having occasional chest pains that I feel are heart related- what should I do?
I realize that i sleep way too much (sometimes up to 14 hours a day) and eat horribly (red meats, fried foods, real butter on everything). I have been trying hard to mend myself, and it's a slow ...

Is there a medicine to make your heart smaller when it is to big.?

Heart stents?
Has anyone had this procedure and do you feel the benefits?
Thank you....

Remedy for PAIN from LIPITOR?????
Persistent pain from taking LIPITOR ...taken Nexium, also antacid to reduce the intolerable heartburn, stomach and chest pain...still having pain although stopped taking LIPITOR today. Last dose was ...

What are the causes of chest burn (heart burn) and how can it be cured, also is it in any way related to beans

High Blood Pressure?
I am 15 years old and lately I have been having high blood pressure. I have gone to the doctor but still didn't make an appointment to get the results for all the tests they have done on me. D...

Please tell some rich cholesterol-lowering foods. thank you.?

How many PVC's can your have in under a minute before being alarmed by it?
My bf is 23 years old and has to have open heart surgery in the next few wks. He has been having a lot of PVC's lately and as the days go by the more he has. They come and go but sometimes he ...

Renal Failure?

puff
What does a echo cardiogram show?
would an echocardiogram show blockages and clogged arteries

DALLAS D
Rating
heart beats.

It takes the beats and forms a picture so the doc can see whats going on. Just like looking at a baby inside the mothers belly. Yes thats the main job of the procedure is to look for leaking and blocked valves and heart disease.

Paragrine
it can also show any problems presugury! hope this helps.

mburke17
It also shows blood flow.

hapymom03
Rating
Size of the chambers of the heart, including the dimension or volume of the cavity and the thickness of the walls. The appearance of the walls may also help identify certain types of heart disease that predominantly involve the heart muscle. In patients with long standing hypertension or high blood pressure, the test can determine the thickness and "stiffness" of the LV walls. When the LV pump function is reduced in patients with heart failure, the LV and RV tends to dilate or enlarge. Echocardiography can measure the severity of this enlargement. Serial studies performed on an annual basis can gauge the response of treatment.

Pumping function of the heart can be assessed by echocardiography. One can tell if the pumping power of the heart is normal or reduced to a mild or severe degree. This measure is known as an ejection fraction or EF. A normal EF is around 55 to 65%. Numbers below 45% usually represent some decrease in the pumping strength of the heart, while numbers below 30 to 35% are representative of an important decrease.

Tracy M
Rating
An echo does not show blockages or clogged arteries.

It looks at the size and structure of the heart.

It will show:

- How strong (or weak) the heart muscle.
- How the walls move and squeeze to make sure they are pumping effeciently.
-All of the valves to make sure they are structurally normal.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy