Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

ECG shows Left Axix Deviation.What does it mean?
X,ray was taken for Left Axix Deviation. The report says Quote"

Bilateral prominant vascular markings with peribronchial cuffings.

Calcified foci in both lung fields. No ...

3 arteries blocked - one artery is 100% blocked, and other two 70% - how many arteries are there?
Its an elderly person! What can they do? or is it too late?...

What is the heart machine that charges the heart?

If a pacemaker is going to slow is it fatal?
or will the person still be alright? until its adjusted? please??
Additional Details
reggie: his partner who's at the hospital said that they couldnt do anything at the hospital he&#...

How does stroke causes death??
i need it for school work..
it can be an outline of complications until death.....

Question about heart skiping a beat?
I notice that my heart sometimes skips a beat, and when the next one comes, it does it in a really hard way, and then continues as normal. It doesnt hurt at all, but I notice the difference when ...

Women..hand on heart have u ever
juggled yah man's thingies?...

Chances of me dying in surgery for SVT?
Ok.. So I have SVT (Super Ventricular Tachycardia) and I am getting surgery in August to fix that. It's not open heart surgery or anything, just a simple surgery, with a catheter through a major ...

Can you remove a stent in a heart?
My grandfather has 3 stents that are not helping one is 10 years old. He had asked me and I didnt know so I thought I would ask you....

Can stomach problems make my heart beats so fast which make me feel like i will get a heartattack?
I have a very hard stomach pain and my heart sometimes beats so fast and so hard makes me like i hear it and also i get alot of pain inside my chest and sometimes my back and other times around my ...

My son is 2yrs old w/ a heart condition should he still get the RSV vaccine?
He is immune compromised slightly (gets vaccines though) but caught the RSV virus last winter after being vaccinated the previous season....

My blood pressure is 100 over 60. What's normal? Is this normal?

How can i lower my high blood pressure without using drugs?
I suffer from hypertension and my blood pressure is 140 over 100. I am curently using drugs to lower the pressure. I dont smoke or drink but i am slightly over weight. My BMI is 30....

Cholesterol of 264?
I was shocked when my latest blood work came back w/my cholesterol at 264. The DR prescribed Vytorin. I am in my 40's, don't drink or smoke. Don't eat red meat or anything fried. V...

How do one knows if he had suffered a mild stroke (without symptoms) in the past?
One knows a past asymptomatic heart attack through several tests....

Rare heart condition, please help me.?
My significant other has a rare heart condition and it has been confirmed that she only has until this August or September to be on Earth. She won't tell me the name of her condition but I want ...

Bradycardias palpitations?
for past few weeks i am feeling some unpleasant palpiation (feels like something in my chest stops and comback again.. like flip-flop)so i went to see a doctor. they examined my blood pressure and ...

2 Month Old with Heart Murmur?
I just took my two month old son to the doctor yesterday for his checkup. She heard a heart murmur that she had not heard before and is sending us to a pediatric cardiologist. He has had poor ...

How does heartburn feel?
My chest, well heart area feels as if it's on fire. It's been feeling that way on and off for months. As anyone experienced this before? It's a feeling that comes and goes....

I am 36 with with a low heart rat of 55-60 is that ok?

joycejarrell
What causes your heart rate to raise to 130 and is this dangerous?

belligerent assistant
stress could cause it.

I was at 127 once & no one at the hospital cared, but that experience taught me that it does depend on the patient.

127 for me wasn't dangerous, for someone else it may be! It really comes down to how fast a minute and for how long. Those seem to be the 2 together that really count--the how long!

blazergirlblazergirl
A resting heart rate should be no higher thsan 80 beats per minute and that high for most people. It can be slightly higher. With pain and stress the heart beat can be elevsted to a much higher number. If this a constant number snd it occurs when you sre relaxed conatct your doctor asap. It could get worse and you could end up having a stroke if it continues to be untreated

CharJ,
Various things can affect your heartrate including, but not limited to:
Exercise, Smoking, Obesity, Certain Medications, Anxiety, etc.
I had an SVT with my heartrate rising to 250 in seconds of an attack for 20 years. Last month I had a cardiac ablation which supposedly cured me and I have ceased all heart meds and switched from BetaBlockers to another type of BP med. See a reputable cardiologist and they will have you take a stress test, possibly several imaging tests and could also order you to have a heart cath, which is very simply done with very minimal discomfort. This way you will find out if you have a problem and put your mind at ease. Also if it is a tachycardia, it does not necessarily mean there's a problem with your heart, but a problem with the electrical system feeding it, which at most times can be cured through a procedure chosen by your doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

raney1979
Rating
If your not having symptoms from it than usually its okay. If you have dizziness, near fainting, or shortness of breath than you need to get checked out. I have a heart condition called PSVT-paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia- which causes my heart rate to go from 60's to over 200 (at rest or moving around). Its pretty scary and i have passed out before from it. I am on two medications for this. MD says this is caused by an electrical misfire in my heart. I take toporol XL and tambocor. It all depends on if your having symptoms. Stress can cause rise in heart rate but you just have to monitor when and whats going on when your rate goes up. Good luck to you! Believe me...i know where your coming from! :>

Ben
No, unless you have a serious medical condition, it not only safe, but normal. 130 is at the low end of the average exercise target heart rate zone. Most exercise, to lose weight, needs to be between 130 and 170 bpm (target heart rate varies by age).

Mark M
Rating
If you have a *resting* heart rate of 130, you are experiencing tachycardia. It is definitely worth getting checked out by a doctor, because there could be a host of problems. Yes, it might be associated with stress, but there are other potentially serious causes. The doctor will want to run an ECG test, to confirm your heart's rhythm looks normal (sinus).

Harmony
If you are exercising it is normal. I normally aim for 155 - 170 when on the treadmill.

Ann Toozie
If you're exercising, that's normal. The key is whether it slows back down to your usual resting rate pretty quickly after you stop exercising. If your heart rate suddenly goes to 130 for no apparent reason, there could be several factors. These include stress, fever, heart arrhythmias, anemia, certain medications, caffeine, dehydration, lack of sleep, panic disorder, and other issues... some serious and some not. If you're worried, check with your doctor. Most times, this isn't serious - and finding out may make you feel better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy