Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do you treat third spacing after a surgical procedure?

Can young people get blood clots?
What are the long term damages that can appear because if you have one?
Additional Details
cuz the veins in my legs are inflamed and they hurt when I walk, i also have headaches....

I had my gallbladder removed last week. I am experiencing horrible heart burn. Will it ever go away?
No gallstones. Gallbladder was functioning less than 8%. OTC medicine is not working....

Heart palpitations/ shortness of breath is that normal?
about 1 1/2 years ago i started noticing heart palpitations, shortness of breath, pain in my back. should i be concerned?...

What medication is use today to dissolve plaque in the circulatory system?

Additional Details
I would like to know, so I can read on the sidde efects, before talkiing to a phisician....

What are the causes for increase in cardiac enzymes?

What does an EKG finding of "A Fibrillation" mean?

Im having weight loss surgery?
I KNOW U HAVE TO GO THREW PSYC EVALUATION, WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT WHEN I GO TO MY PSYC EVAL. WHAT QUESTIONS DO THEY ASK?...

What food has Vit K in it?

Must lower cholesterol. Has anyone tried the product Cholestasys or CholestOff? What were results?

Is unrequitted love a disease of the heart?

What can I do to cure a heart murmur?
Im going to take have my blood examined on friday and i have to fast before then, but is there anything i can do or not due to try and cure a possible heart murmur?...

What other tests besides an EKG and a heart enzyme test can one do to see whats going on? Thats reliable.?

When I get anxious/angry/excited, I notice symptoms. Should I worry?
Whenever I get agitated/angry, or excited, revved up, I notice tingling in my arm/hand/feet, and start to just feel different, sometimes get some chest sensations. All of this worries me.

I...

Abnormal EKG?
I was in the hospital Sunday night because I had a really, really bad panic attack (I thought it was the big one)... anyway, they ran the normal tests like blood work, EKG, CT scan, blah, blah, blah ...

My mother has water retention in her legs the doctor is worried any idea what this is caused from?
My mom went to the doc today thinking she had a blood clot but the doc said he was a whole lot more worried about the water retention on her legs, He said when he pressed on her leg it left an ...

Is it standard for heart doctors to ask if you have a will on your first visit?
I figure it is. But the way it was done yesterday was rather upsetting now that i think about it more.

I went to the Nuclear heart Center yesterday because my General practioner sent me ...

I have sharp chest pains in my left lung right by my heart. HELP!?
Randomly, I get sudden chest pains ,sharp chest pains in my left lung right by my heart.to stop it, i have to breathe small breaths and if i take a big breathe,it hurts even more.If i stand straight ...

My Pulse rate is 88/Min and Blood Pressure is 123/70. I am Stressed. Is it Normal?
Well I've ben suffering from panic attacks from a couple of months. Well can't control my anxiety. Whenever I want to check the blood pressure or pulse rate it elevates. What Can I do? I am ...

Does heart mursmurs shorten your life?
give me ...

van
What causes inverted t-waves on an ekg?

punk_rocker_chick
Rating
Inverted T-waves are from ischmia or lack of oxygen to your heart. This is also called angina. The deeper the t-wave, the more your heart is not getting enough oxygen.

mrbatadahead
CHF

fuzzykiwi05
Rating
An old heart attack. Elevated T-waves indicate an acute heart attack (MI). Ischemia is dead tissue. The inversion of the T waves is caused by dead tissue that stopped receiving oxygen many hours or days ago. Ischemia is not the same thing as angina. Angina is a different condition caused by different factors.

mmexykat
ischemia- decreased blood supply to the heart is characterized by an inverted t wave , infarction or heart attack can cause ischemia

emt197435
Rating
In general, T wave changes are very non-specific. They can occur with hyperventilation, anxiety, drinking hot or cold beverages, and positional changes. Dramatic T wave inversions are often seen in the athletic heart syndrome (a constellation of findings not associated with any pathology), and the dramatic T wave inversions associated with CNS events are very rare. Hyperkalemia (hyperpotassemia) can cause tall, peaked T waves. Hypokalemia and ischemia can cause low amplitude or inverted T waves.

Lissacal
Rating
T wave changes are non-specific. Inversions of the T waves can be caused by something benign, like hyperventilation or electrolyte changes, or by something severe like lack of blood flow to the heart. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cardio/messages/34108a.html
Lots of things can cause T wave inversion. You could have always had it, but high blood pressure, cardiomyopathy and ischemia are some causes. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/cardio/messages/32213a.html
Reasons for inverted T waves are numerous and may include ischemia, Heart attack, hyperventilation, Anxiety, certain medications, infections around the heart, pulmonary embolus (blood clot in the lung), electrolyte disturbance (abnormalities in sodium, potassium levels) etc. http://www.thedoctorslounge.net/cardiology/forums/backup/topic-3588.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy