Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How bad is it to have high blood pressure at age 28?

Weird heart fluttering?
It was really weird:

When I was on holiday in July, I was lying in bed awake around 12 midnight, and I got some heart flutterings. It was as if my heart was skipping beats.

I ...

I have been diagnosed with acute coronary artery disease and hypertension. Is it ok if I consume alcohol ?
I have been a regular smoker and drinker for the last 7 years and am 32 years now. I have totally quit smoking after I was admitted in the hospital last month, but am not yet convinced about quitting ...

What is the best time of day to take blood pressure medication?

My son was just diagnosed with a heart murmur. the doctor said i shouldn't be concerned. should i be?

Will I die from a heart attack?
Well I was always wondering because my great grandpa died from a heart attack at age 53, my grandpa died from a heart at age 53 and my dad had open heart surgery at age 53. Do you think that I will ...

Chest pain, very painful, any help?
I get these strange chest pains pretty frequently now (before they would be every once in a while). It starts on the right side of my chest, kinda high and close to my shoulder, then the pain ...

Why are Aspirins good for your Heart?

Do you ever feel your heart skipping beats?
I do and sometimes it even feels uncomfortable. When I cough it goes away. I've had it all my life and I'm in my 30's now which is probably why I never made it an issue since it'...

Mild chest pains within left breast, what are likely causes?
22 year old male, pack a day smoker. Born with mild heart murmur but grew out of by age five. No symptoms of heart attack or angina. Pain is not associated with excercise or eating. Pain I would ...

What is solution to blood pressure?

What can i do to lower my closteral?
i have a 201 what should i do to get it ...

My husband was died cause cancer on his liver, how that could happened , he was not smoker, no drunk alcohol,

I found out I have a Irregular heartbeat I am very scared. what should I do?

Have you Known anyone who has had a Stroke?
I am just curious how are they doing? My mom had 2 Massive Strokes last year and Passed away...So i am just seeing if you know anyone who has had a stroke and lived? Or passed away?...

Cholesterol problems?
I have just found out that my HDL cholesterol level is 29 (should be higher than 55) and my LDL level is 121 (should be lower than 100).
I live in Peru, so medical care is expensive. Do any of ...

How to lower your cholestrol?

Cholesterol -help?
I have just had my yearly cholesterol results and I have gone up 2 points despite a fairly rigid diet. I am 5' 5" and weigh 125lbs, I take 20mg statin tabs daily, drink pomegranet juice and ...

Pain in left wrist is this heart attack symptom?
for last 10 days i am having pain in my 'left wrist'. first i thought it might be a sprain, but usually it would go away in 3-4 days, but this one hasn't gone in 10 days. i am not able ...

I get sharp pains in my chest, what's going on?
Sometimes after I eat certain foods I'll get jolted with sharp pains. They seem to run from my chest to my upper arms. They pain is on the same rhythm with my heart beats. It also seems to ...

skahhh
What can push a resting pulse rate to 150 BPM in an adult?

MDR
Rating
First, make sure that the rate is accurate.
Ensure that the person is truly resting, for example, is not emotionally upset about something.
If the pulse is regular, count it for a full 15 seconds and multiply by 4. If the pulse is irregular, count it for a full minute.
If the person truly has a resting heart rate greater than 120 beats per minute, go to the emergency room.
A resting heart rate greater than 120 beats per minute can indicate a dangerous problem in the electrical activity in the heart, and needs to be evaluated as soon as possible.

svenodyo
Rating
a resting pulse can be pushed to 150 bpm, by sleep apnea,
desaturation levels of oxygen below 90 % "a dangerous level"
can cause what is known as "atrial flutter or atriel fibrilation"
witch once began will convert on its own in some individuals,and in others, it may need a cadioversion. or magic of electricity,

Lady Trinity
Rating
This is definitely not a normal heart rate. In my opinion it should be evaluated by a doctor, it would be silly to try to guess what the cause is. This is too serious to mess around with, you should see a doctor.
Lady T~

peachtool
nervousness, certain types of bacterial and viral infections, especially those attacking the heart, a deconditioned heart from under use over time, extreme amounts of plaques in the arteries, I could go on and on. Do you have high BP too? How long does the 150 BPM stick around? Are there other factors like environment that alter this pulse? Get checked out to be safe.

happydawg
Rating
Many things can do it. Atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, sinus tachycardia, congestive heart failure, etc... just to name a few.

Wolf
Rating
Tachycardia from a cardiac defect.
This could be serious or lethal if not treated after a long enough time.

It could lead to fianting and irregular heart beat and must get treatment at the emergency dept.

chattterus
6.5 miles per hour for two minutes on a tredmill. oh.. you mean 150 not 190. Pick a slower speed then. Or at least that is how it is for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients like me. Of course I come close to fainting after trying that.

Anything under 200 to 250 depending on the person is within "normal" range. A normal heart doesn't pump well above that.

mpact
Sinustachycardia, supaventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation. Can be casued by several heart conditions, thyroid over function and even excitement

mr.tuf3
Rating
Good head does that to me.

RottenDog
Rating
Fear, drugs.

daedalus
Rating
An arrhythmia such as sinus tachycardia or supraventricular tachycardia causes a resting pulse to shoot up that high. Many things including certain drugs can cause this arrhythmia. Its best to make an appointment with your GP if you notice your pulse is that high.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
Besides a healthy case of anxiety or cocaine? No idea.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy