Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

When i sleep or rest my heart beat is low as 55 ,is it normal or no?

I have questions about irregular heart beatings and some pain?
i know that sometimes, the body has random pains or sores, but its nothing serious. but, i've been having some heart pains. i dont think its anything serious, but the pain will randomly come. ...

Does anyone know of or have Subacute Bacterial Endocarditis or SBE? Or maybe Marfan's Syndrome?
I am currently going through tests to discover if I have one or the other. If you are living with either, how do you treat and live with them?...

Can anybody Explain to me what it is like to have a pacemaker?
What should I expect? I am 15 years old and Really nervous any input would be really helpful
Additional Details
I am 15 my docter explained what it is i have already had open heart ...

Can chest pain or angina pain cause 'gas' discomfort?
I know that 'gas' can cause similar chest pain like angina, but can it be the other way round - can angina pain or chest pain cause 'gas' in the chest region, shoulders and/or ...

Heart Attck so young?
I know anything is possible but how common is it for a female to have a heart attack at the age of 32....

Does a person with severe hypokalaemia (i.e. lvery low potassium levels) need to be in hospital?

How do I Quit smoking ???I am 47 yrs male,overweight,started smoking due to clinical depression when i was 18.
Now I am sufferring from Unpredictible Angina, and the cardiologist has asked me to quit smoking which I CANNOT as i am still taking ant depressants from my psychiatrist.I also have hypertension and ...

Does anyone know what is happening to me?
For about five weeks I have been getting chest pain, and squeezing across my chest. I have been to A&E and had ECG and blood tests which came back normal for enzymes from my heart and blood count ...

Medical professionals, please help....?
What is the probability of having a "safe" pregnancy at the age of 36, only 10 months after having had 9 pulmonary emboli? On Lovenox (40mg) a day now....no family history of blood clots ...

What is normal blood presure?
mine is 139mmhg maximum sistolica
and 76 mmhg minimum ...

What herbal product or supplement is very effective for lowering blood pressure without side effect.?
Suffering from high blood ...

Heart patient seeing a dentist?
whats the risk invalved if ...

What is heart disease? Can you have heart disease and there be no overt symptoms?

Would garlic PILLS help to lower cholesterol?

My Mom had a stroke she is paralized on her right side.Will she need my family to live with her?
She is in the Hospital now but we couldnt get her to go until 2 day's after the stroke which was the day before yesturday.She cant move her right arm or right leg she can barely talk out of the ...

My blood pressure is normally 102/68 with a pulse of 92. would you be concerned? Normal? Okay?

Additional Details
I have several people say it's too low. thought i would throw it out here and see what the general opinion was before i spend money going to the doctor about it....

Can taking beta blockers for a year be a cause of an irregular heartbeat?
Thanks for any info.
Additional Details
The flutter in my chest brings on a cough - is this a cause for concern.
Thank you....

Do i take too much potassium seeing as how i have congestive heart failure?
i thought the mineral are needed for the bio chemstry to keep me old ticker going. had a 4-way a while back plus i have t2 dyubetes, too. have all the listed signs of congestive heart failure. what ...

For low heartbeat, what can my brother do aside from having a pacemaker?

Additional Details
his hearbeat before was 47, and now 40. what should he do?...

K-Lynn
What can happen if your pulse rate is too high?
A side effect of one of my meds is a fast heartbeat. When I went to the ER for this..my pulse rate ranged from 106 to 134 bpm. What happens if your heart rate is too high?

Home unit
u can die

Nurse Katy
Rating
A side effect of tachycardia is decreased perfusion of oxygen to vital organs. Also, palpitations can occur. Tachycardia (increased heart rate) can also be a sign of other problems.

The RHYTHM of your heart is very important also. If your heart is running sinus rhythm (which is normal) or sinus tach (normal rhythm but higher rate), this may just be normal for you. If you are not experiencing any palpitations or bluish coloring of your fingers or toes or any other symptoms, this may be normal.

When your rate is high like that you should have an EKG to determine the rhythm. You could be running in Atrial Fibrillation which is when the atrium (top chambers of the heart) are quivering and unable to pump all of the blood out of the chamber. When this happens venous stasis (blood just sitting there) causes clots to form. This can be very dangerous. You should have an EKG so your physician can be aware of you rhythm.

fierysagittarius
Rating
if ur heart rate is above 220 u should be having a hear attack !! P.s. if u subtract 220 from ur age that tell u where u would be at if ur gonna hav a heart attack !!!! example:
-----------
^^^^^^^
That's were u shouldn't be if ur 15!!^_^

lovepets
Rating
all depend if come to walk or exercises is OK in normal when you are quiet 106 or 109 do,don,t worry any way if you don,t fell fine see your doc

rod85
Rating
If your heart is too fast it does not have enough time to fill its chambers (atria and ventricles) When it beats it doesn't eject enough blood volume to circulate to the tissues because the chambers didn't get a chance to fill. Your organs wouldn't perfuse. You would become short of breath and light-headed. You could have palpitations, where you subjectively feel your heart race in your chest. In extreme cases the result is heart failure. It would be unusual to have a life-threatening tachycardia as a result of a side effect of medications.

I'm a physician.

littlemall4u
what medication is it that causes it?maybe they could change it or something.well you can get sick but not always,depends on why.
ask you doctor asap.

bbyemt
if your heart continues to beat above around 100 BPM, the body, especially the heart and brain can become starved of oxygen which leads to cell/ tissue death in addition to a host of other problems including low or high blood pressure. (usually low)
Keep in mind that individual heart rates vary from person to person but the normally acceptable range for a healthy person is 60-100BPM. Athletes will usually have a lower heart rate. Personally, my heart rate ALWAYS runs about 110-130 BPM. This is normal for me. I have no cardiovascular problems and nothing to suggest a reason for this abnormality. I do however, smoke. This causes the heart to beat faster than normal. Caffiene also is a common cause of tachycardia (fast heart rate)
Try cutting back on caffiene and stop smoking if you do. I know saying that makes me a hypocrite, but im answering this in a medical capacity... not a personal one. Also, set yourself up with an excercise plan. Focus on cardiovascular exercises such and jogging, walking, bike riding... anything really that gets you moving. If you strengthen your myocardium (heart muscle) it will pump more forcefully and push more blood out and into circulation at a time. This *should make your pule slow down. It works for me.
Track your pulse rate at consistent points throughout the day for about a month. Take that information to your general care physician if your heart continues to beat this way. Also, note how you feel when your heart rate goes up. Are you dizzy? Anything out of the norm.
It could very well be that you will need either to have your medication dosage lowered, or switch medications all together.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy