Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Bp 120/80 pulse of 115 is this normal?
my bp is always around 120/80 and my relaxed pulse is anywhere from 98 (was the lowest i'd seen) and 115 (was the highest i'd seen) i also have chest pains and when the pains come i get ...

What are the immediate relief for heartburn?
I've been experiencing frequent heartburn this past weeks. the attacks happen ...

How do you prevent congestive heart failure?
I have lost two grandparents, an aunt and an uncle...all died of congestive heart failure. It looks like an awful way to die.

Is this genetic? What can I do now, while I am young, to ...

170 over 90 is my blood pressure---how unsafe is this?

How can i help my mom control her blood pressure?
my mom has had high blood pressure since 2-3 years! it is normally around 140-90.. but yesterday it had increased to 150-100.. but today morning when she had again got it checked in the hospital it ...

What is your heart rate.?
When I'm currently writing this my heart rate is 66 bpm. What is yours?...

What would be the cause for a 21 yr old to have a seizure if he never had one before ??
my boyfriend is 21 and the other day he had a seizure at work (mechanics shop) he had 2 16 oz monster energy drinks within 10 mintues but felt perfectly fine b4 that he said he started to get really ...

I am in need of help please!!!?
Sorry for the long story, but last Feb 06' I had a Ablation done because I had what is called Atrial Tachycardia, heart beat of 150 plus. Everything went fine..except for the doctor said that I ...

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?
HOW CAN YOU TELL WITH OUT GETTING A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK...

I have a severe case of congestive heart failure. Want your thoughts?
. Last year a car struck me and I had MASSIVE heart attack, right in the ICU. Not from cholesterol, diet, but from the SHOCK into my nervous system & strain on the heart. Now I am severely ...

Whats the best and quickest way to lower your high blood pressure?

High blood pressure have you found a more effective way of controlling it than by using prescription drugs?

My cholesterol leval is 6.9 which i think is dangerously high but my doctor says i dont need medication?
i think i do how high does it have to go to get help it is hereditary am i a walking heart attack or do i need to change doctors im 24...

Help! I could use an answer tonight. My feet and ankles are very swollen. I don't want to go to the ER.
If I call the nurse hotline I'm afraid they will tell me to go to the ER and I don't want to go because I have a poor immune system and I don't want to catch something. If necessary, I...

I'm an active 21 year old female, my blood pressure read 149/101. I was told this was high. What should it be?

What can High Blood pressure do to a person?

What to talk about when chatting to someonewith Parkinsons?

Sweating of face and palms,rapid heart rate?
Last sunday when driving my car ,i had sweating of face and palms.My heart was beating rapidly.I parked and drank water and try to remain calm.But heart continues to beat fast.Called my friend to ...

Does age affect your blood pressure?

How can I reduce colestrol ?
I walking daily in the morning and yoga two days in a week eventhou I can't get result....

leosoon2bgone
What are the best over the counter medication available to clean clogged arteries?
My cholesterol level is high(262).Is this a sign that my arteries are somewhat clogged.I'm 45 years old and i eat basically everything i want to.I would like to know is there anything i can take with my eating habit that will help my possibly clogged arteries?Tell me more about high cholesterol.

dee a
Rating
if your arteries are clogged then there is not way to unclog them other than surgery...however there are ways to prevent clogging them further and therefore preventing heart attack or other future heart problems you should talk to you doctor or a nutritionist about it.

deserthug
Rating
try some real herbal pills, or teas! go to a health store and tell them what your looking for, they can help.

gangadharan_nair
Rating
Please see the webpages for more details on Cholesterol, Hypercholesterolemia and Trigycerides. By low fat diet and regular exercise, you can reduce high cholesterol level in the blood. Drugs should be consumed only only under the strict supervision of the doctor. Moreover every drug has its own side-effects. Statin drugs are generally prescribed to lower bad cholesterol in the blood (LDL).

penelope
Start adding whole grains to your diet. Buy mostly produce.
Eat oatmeal every morning. Look on boxes of food that you eat for the heart healty symbol. and look for the word "WHOLE" as the first word.
Add ground flax seed to your food (1 Tablespoon. 2 X day) Look up the benefits of flax seed.
Use olive oil for cooking your veggies and lean meats (fish, turkey, chicken breast).
Nuts in moderation.
Do some moderate aerobic exercise 3 x a week for 30 minutes(even if it means just walking).
Your cholesterol will definitely go down and probably even to normal levels.
If you do nothing at all but one thing--stop eating TRANS FAT.

navyhm1983
Rating
There really are none... That is just being straight out honest...

If there were and it was that simple that is what the doctors would tell you to get.

Opus
Rating
There is nothing over the counter that will clean clogged arteries. The ridiculous suggestion that apple cider vinegar will help is just laughable.

The best things you can do: Lose weight. Exercise. Eat less saturated fat.

Pegasus90
Rating
Eating a diet that stresses protein (poultry and fish are best, unless you are a vegetarian and then soy is very good), low glycemic carbohydrates (look up a glycemic index) and good fat (olive oil for cooking, almonds or peanuts for snacking), is the best over the counter medication one can buy for reducing cholesterol.

For further basic information on hypoglycemia, another effect of hyperinsulinemia besides high cholesterol, check out www.hufa.org.

George O
Aspirine...and eat a lot of fiber

armiki66
GO TO ANY NUTRITION OR VITAMIN STORE THEY CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO TAKE.....THEY KNOW MORE THEN WE THINK THEY DO...GOOD LUCK..KEEP EATING..HA HA HA

jimbomediterraneo
Rating
Lots of stuff at the supermarket:

Danacol by Danone (yogurt like drink available in this part of the world).
Olive oil.
Soya Lechitin.
Oats.
Salmon and other oily fish.

Incorporate above in your daily meals, in moderate quantities.

It could be that eating just about everything is causing this. Especially:

Cheeses.
Processed Meats: Ham, Spam, Salumi, burgers, nuggets, frankfurters etc.
Cakes, buscuits etc.

Christi
Apple cider vinegar helps oxygen flow through the blood properly which prevents clogged arteries and blood vessels. A friend of mine who has high cholesterol started with the vinegar but also watched his diet and his cholesterol went down significantly.

stephanie r
Rating
isn't that like "stroke" high? I take an aspirin everyday. You need to see a Dr. asap... Are you overweight? You probably know exactly what your eating..
peace
moon

mnvikes
Rating
you need to get your cholesterol down, none of the over the counter/natural stuff actually works well youll probably need a prescription unless you can get it down by reducing cholesterol in your diet and exercising regularly. garlic and fish oil can help a tiny bit but probably not more than a few points, exercises and reducing cholesterol intake (hich chol. foods include dairy products, eggs, and meats read the labels on stuff you eat) or prescription drugs like zocor, lipitor, etc. are much more effective. anyone who touts homeopathic remedies other than that doesnt know what they are talking about is full of crap. they dont work period.

your arteries are "clogged" if you develop blood clots. people with high cholesterol are at higher risk for atherosclerosis which basically means your blood vessels narrow and harden which greatly increases your risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. so your arteries may or may not be "clogged" but you should get your cholesterol down to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis. atherosclerosis cant be healed once the damage is done, so its best to prevent it before it happens. if doctors already think you have atheroschlerorsis or are at risk for it, asprin can help prevent clots. if you wanna do that talk to a doctor or pharmacist before starting though to make sure you dont have a health condition or are taking a medication which asprin could interfere with

so if i confused you with technical terms there, basically high cholesterol leads to atheroschlerosis, atheroschlerosis leads to clots, and clots leads to bad stuff.

high cholesterol doesnt mean youre a heart attack waiting to happen, but it is good to keep it lower. as a rough estimate of benefits, for every 2 points of total cholesterol a person is over 200, their risk of a heart attack in the next 10 years increases by about 1%. so reducing your cholesterol from 260 to 200 would reduce your chance of having a heart attack by roughly 30%

just try to follow your doctor's recommendations on the matter

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy