Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can anyone make me smile? I feel so sad.....=(?
My father had a Heart Attack a few months ago.
And he was rushed in the ER, yesterday.
He had 2 new blockages, and he isn't doing really good.
They did a Catheterization, and put ...

My heart has been stopping alot at night..lastnight it happend like 15 times. i?
it stops and then i feel this jolt and it restarts in my chest and it isnt really painful..its more of a shock feeling of it stopping and then restarting and jolting...what the heck is this? its been ...

Does warfarin make your heart beat faster?
I know warfarin thins your blood to reduce blood clots, but does it make a weak heart pump faster? As my mother was given warfarin last week yesterday as she has a slow/weak heart low blood pressure ...

Is 86 blood pressure bad?
I have a 86 blood pressure is that bad?; if is how do i make it normal or better?...

A 50-yr-old woman reports in her medical history that her mother has hypothyroidism,?
,so the woman is concerned about having the condition as well. Which of the following symptoms would suggest that she does indeed have hypothyroidism?

A. she often feels hot even when the ...

Is this a "HEART ATTACK?
Ok - quote from husband below. This is aboutt his brother. His mother had the same thing and said it WAS a "heart attack" --- so, if brother-in-law goes in with chest pains, is this a &...

Did i have a heart attack?
I started feeling pain around my heart. It would hurt to breathe. The pain went down my left arm. I rested for 20 minutes and it got less painful but as soon as I stood up the pain would return. The ...

My husband had open heart surgery 14 days ago he can feel his shoulder or breat bones popping, is this normal?

I take Digoxin (Lanoxin) to control a sometimes irregular heart beat.0.25 mg per tab. 1 or 2 daily.?
Problem- Sometimes feel bad even with medication.Am I taking too few tabs or is dose too much & is toxic giving opposite to desired effect....

The name of a hormone that begins with the letter 'A' please. Supposedly narrows the?
blood vessels and which in some instancies can cause high blood pressure. Read an article about this last week but cannot find it. My doctor keeps telling me that he cannot find the cause for my very ...

Opinions needed here please. 52 yr.old male friend, had all symptoms of heart attack.?
Went to ER and was admitted. After 4 days of test ordered by his regular MD they only found that he had an infection and took antibiotic. His heart rate is still alittle eratic. He thinks he has ...

How long can heartburn last?
When I was pregnant earlier this year I had to go to the emergency room for chest pain...they diagnosed it as heartburn. Then about a month ago I had to go in again, and they diagnosed it as acid ...

What causes a heart attack?
How can you tell if a person is having one?...

Are people who have had a triple heart by pass automatically barred from flying? Or does it depend on the?
patient?

Why is it considered so risky?...

Irregular heartbeat?
alright so i am a 15 year old female. i had posted some questions about something that happened to me that the doctors still do not know what is wrong. i had what they assumed was a seizure, but they ...

Is acute myocardial infarction the actual heart attack or a sickness/ disease?
can someone "have" AMI as a disease but no heart attack?
i just want to know if AMI is the sudden heart attack or can u walk around and say " i have AMI" like how ppl can say ...

How can you tell the difference between 'heart burn' and 'heart problems?'?
I get what feels like heart burn sometimes. But i am worried it might be more. How can i tell if it is heart burn, or a heart problem? They seem very similar with their symtpoms, so what symptoms ...

Severe pain in right upper portion of heart?
it is not because of dcough and cold nor it is because of indigestion or any thing ..i m a student i study and body movement is also regular....so wht now wht can it be?????...

My blood pressure is 98 over 40 is that to low? I'm scared?
I'm 26 yrs old ...

Does anyone know if you can claim Disability Living Allowance once a hearing aid has been fitted?
My husband found out today that he is profoundly deaf in one ear and no surgery is available, only help via a hearing aid.
Additional Details
My husband found out today that hes ...

Arzoo H
What Should I do to stop my heart from beating very fast , when I'am nervous?

charlesk
Whenever I'm nervous I find it helps to meditate, or concentrate on a particularly fond memory or image. Taking a few deep, slow breaths and playing some (calm) music can also help.

Mrs. Doubtfire
Basically, you shouldn't, as it's the brain's way of coping with the anxiety correctly.

Above all, DON'T use beta-blockers. In spite of what the medical profession says, that's crass. It's crass because beta blockers stay in your system 24 hrs a day until they're used up, but your anxiety attacks only last a few minutes.

For the rest of the 24 hrs the side-effects of beat blockers make you feel hideous, -tired, depressed, bored, lonely, utterly wretched.

Worst of all, to compensate for your pulse being slower than it should be, your pulse becomes actually STRONGER, because your heart beats harder to maintain (well, restore is a better word) the cardiac output -i.e., blood flow rate. Doctors should know this, but mostly they don't.

Taking deep breaths will help, by increasing the amount of oxygen in the blood flowing, so reducing the need for the heart to beat so fast.

Relax, close your eyes, in a darkened room if you can, -and breathe deeply.... it's all you can do safely.

josie d
Rating
breath....
in thru your nose and out thru your mouth... slow and easy...count to 10...
cheers
jo

Diane B
close your eyes and breathe deeply telling yourself very quietly and calmly to relax. This helps me a lot

Bud Light Girl
Rating
Look really fast from side to side for about 30 seconds and your anxiety will be gone.

desperate housewife
Rating
do some breathing exercises.

far3oni711
you can do many things...here some

1) blow at you big finger with a regular rhythm.(( scientific fact))
2)try to breath from your nose NOT mouth and try to do regularly.
3)have a seat and try to calm-down.
4) try to think of a funny thing like a joke.
5)let someone make you a massage for your nick..its really helpful.and attend yoga class..its really good for you.

~woody's wife~
Rating
just breath!!! slow deep breaths......and try to think ok something that doesnt make you nervous.

nicedoc
Rating
Sometime rubbing your carotid artery on the side of your neck can help to lower your heart rate. If that doesn't work, there are medications (beta-blockers) that are very useful for rapid heart rate when you are anxious. I had a major oral exam and used it and it worked great for me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy